Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    I can't think of a single player with a front loaded contract. Let alone a deal worth up to $50M. Just doesn't really happen in the NBA. So while it would be nice, I'm not hopeful. I think 4 years @ 10M is the perfect number for everyone. Maybe throw in an PO to be nice.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    I would tie his contract to DeMar's. If Demar has 3 years left I'd offer 3+ a 1 year player option. Start at 9 mill and max out around 10.5 mill. Pretty flexible on the money, but 5 years makes me kind of queezy.
    Since he is a free agent the fifth year is likely what puts us over

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    I would tie his contract to DeMar's. If Demar has 3 years left I'd offer 3+ a 1 year player option. Start at 9 mill and max out around 10.5 mill. Pretty flexible on the money, but 5 years makes me kind of queezy.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    I would also prefer no player options on any deals

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Me, I would do this:

5 years, $50M, Front loaded

Year 1: $12M
    Year 2: $11M
    Year 3: $10M
    Year 4: $9M
    Year 5: $8M

Rationale: it diminishes risks associated with age and attitude while also allowing the team to have more financial flexibility moving forward. Age is straight forward - he is paid less as he gets older. Attitude means if this year was not a fluke, if he is owed the bulk of his contract in later years it is only going to make it that much harder to get rid of him. Financial flexibility is straight forward.

I would be ecstatic if it could happen at $11, $10, $9, $8, $7 (i.e. 5 years and $45M)

He is 33 coming off a five year deal.
    50 to 55 front loaded is the perfect number. Add performance bonuses if it gets the deal signed

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Me, I would do this:

5 years, $50M, Front loaded

Year 1: $12M
    Year 2: $11M
    Year 3: $10M
    Year 4: $9M
    Year 5: $8M

Rationale: it diminishes risks associated with age and attitude while also allowing the team to have more financial flexibility moving forward. Age is straight forward - he is paid less as he gets older. Attitude means if this year was not a fluke, if he is owed the bulk of his contract in later years it is only going to make it that much harder to get rid of him. Financial flexibility is straight forward.

I would be ecstatic if it could happen at $11, $10, $9, $8, $7 (i.e. 5 years and $45M)

He is 33 coming off a five year deal.

Leave a comment:

• jacobdr4
    replied
    Ideally for me I'd like to get something in the same sort of range that demar signed. I'd probably go up to 11 a year but after that I'd have to let him walk. His age is a big deterrent for me.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Ideal 4 years @ 10. Live with 4@ 12 or 5@10. Anything over 12+ - Go with GV for 3 @ 5 -6

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    started a topic What would YOU pay Lowry?

What would YOU pay Lowry?

What would YOU pay Lowry?

Assume you're ownership/president/GM/whatever.

What do you think he is worth?

Before you answer think about, but not limited to:
    1) his age
    2) his history
    3) his performance
    4) his value to the team
    5) the ability for the team to continue to improve and add pieces with him earning $X million per season.

There has been lots of talk in individual threads, I've never seen one thread dedicated to the topic - sorry if it is already out there.
Working...
X