Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1: Brooklyn Nets 94 - Toronto Raptors 87 (Nets 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'll know by halfway though the first quarter whether we win this series. And you'll know this by looking at the Raptors body language and facial expressions. The one thing I distinctly remember from the 2007 series was the look of terror of Bosh and the rest of the team in that first game. They were taken out of their element and the Nets totally dictated the play that game and it set the tone for the rest of the series. It took until game 5 before the Raps finally regained their nerve and had they won game 6 at the end, they would have easily won game 7.

If this team comes out scared and overwhelmed and give away games like the 2007 series then it will be over quick. If they take command with a strong game 1 victory, the Nets will fade quickly because they simply cant match up with the Raps athletically. It's all between the ears, the big fight is mentally not the Nets. I see Lowry being unaffected but guys like DD, JV and Terrence could take a couple of game before they lose that "deer in the headlight" look.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        I think when more of the Raptor's players get used to his incredible passing, he will have a significant impact. I think a lot of the time his team mates aren't expecting a pass form him and react too late to make the catch. Very happy to have him as a member of the organisation.
        When Earvin "Magic" Johnson first arrived at Michigan State, he was frustrated that his teammates were not catching the ball when he passed it to them in the most optimal places. So the coach, Jud Heathcote, told him to pass it to their heads. Sure enough, after being beaned a few times, his teammates started looking for the ball.

The next year, they won a national championship.

Comment

• Anyone catch the NBA TV preview of the series?

They devoted so much time to the Nets, and then at the end talked about how we're an athletic team that gets stops and are dangerous getting out on the break with DD and T-Ross on the wings.

Do they even watch this team? I mean sure, that'll happen every now and then but that is absolutely not the identity of our offense.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            You'll know by halfway though the first quarter whether we win this series. And you'll know this by looking at the Raptors body language and facial expressions. The one thing I distinctly remember from the 2007 series was the look of terror of Bosh and the rest of the team in that first game. They were taken out of their element and the Nets totally dictated the play that game and it set the tone for the rest of the series. It took until game 5 before the Raps finally regained their nerve and had they won game 6 at the end, they would have easily won game 7.

If this team comes out scared and overwhelmed and give away games like the 2007 series then it will be over quick. If they take command with a strong game 1 victory, the Nets will fade quickly because they simply cant match up with the Raps athletically. It's all between the ears, the big fight is mentally not the Nets. I see Lowry being unaffected but guys like DD, JV and Terrence could take a couple of game before they lose that "deer in the headlight" look.
            I agree Nets have the experience and they will use it as an advantage, but the Raptors are more an athletic team. They can use it as an advantage against the Nets.

Comment

Anyone catch the NBA TV preview of the series?

They devoted so much time to the Nets, and then at the end talked about how we're an athletic team that gets stops and are dangerous getting out on the break with DD and T-Ross on the wings.

Do they even watch this team? I mean sure, that'll happen every now and then but that is absolutely not the identity of our offense.
              The majority of times people who aren't experts on the Raptors talk they always just say how athletic we are and how we're so great on fastbreaks and stuff. And this is despite the fact we play at (I think) the 7th slowest pace in the league, we're definitely a half-court team.

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                it has BEGUN!!
                Visit Brooklyn memes on Facebook, that is where these begin. Then visit raptors memes,and you'll see the beef
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                  The majority of times people who aren't experts on the Raptors talk they always just say how athletic we are and how we're so great on fastbreaks and stuff. And this is despite the fact we play at (I think) the 7th slowest pace in the league, we're definitely a half-court team.
                  I know right, demar never does dat fast beak shit, we always shoot a three to the trailer during fast breaks, you always know when these "experts" have never actually watched a raptors game
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Anyone catch the NBA TV preview of the series?

I think they actually probably don't. They'll just say what whatever because they could careless about a Canadian team.
                    Last edited by Rex; Thu Apr 17, 2014, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Rex wrote: View Post
                      I think they actually probably don't. They'll just what whatever because they could careless about a Canadian team.
                      They'll care when we're hoisting the Larry O'Brien trophy in a couple years.

Best way to fix ignorance is to make it so you can't be ignored.

Comment

Thorpe is the only one I trust and he has Raps in five
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I'm very surprised that many of them predicted the Raptors winning.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                            I'm very surprised that many of them predicted the Raptors winning.
                            Me too.

Comment

• Most seem to be predicting a close series. Of the 18 voters 10 voted Brooklyn to win, and 8 voted the Raptors. 9/18 believe the series will go 7 games.

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X