Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1: Brooklyn Nets 94 - Toronto Raptors 87 (Nets 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In game 2 they better feed JV for 40min straight!

Expose the Nets defense just like they exposed us by posting up Joe Johnson
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Anyone know where I can rewatch the game? I was there but I want to watch the TV feed as well.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
        Anyone know where I can rewatch the game? I was there but I want to watch the TV feed as well.
        I've already got the "Game in an Hour" ready to PVR on NBA-TV.

Comment

• Really random question but I assume a bunch of Canadians will know the answer, why are hockey games in thirds? I mean, every single other sport I can think of is in quarters/halves except for things like baseball.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
            Really random question but I assume a bunch of Canadians will know the answer, why are hockey games in thirds? I mean, every single other sport I can think of is in quarters/halves except for things like baseball.
            Because it's a stupid shitty sport!

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              In game 2 they better feed JV for 40min straight!

Expose the Nets defense just like they exposed us by posting up Joe Johnson
              What's been lost I think is the fact our sophomore centre in his first playoff game had 17 points and 18 rebounds.

Comment

• That was a tough loss, even when we were ahead it wasn't like we were really ahead, we never controlled the game. I wish Casey had played Ross in the 4th over Vasquez but with Ross' shitty start (and possible playoff jitters) and the 18 points GV had it's tough to say, and I guess he didn't want to to yank Derozan out in the first game of a 7 game series but DD just didn't have it today.

I hope this is mostly nerves and the whole adjusting to playoff style defense where your guy actually plays you hard for 48 minutes but there was a lot of positives in the game and with just a bit of luck and better play from DD, Ross and a couple of others (Amir and PatPat mostly) I can see them taking next game and hopefully stealing one in BK to steal back homecourt.

Comment

Really random question but I assume a bunch of Canadians will know the answer, why are hockey games in thirds? I mean, every single other sport I can think of is in quarters/halves except for things like baseball.
                  They used to play two, thirty minute periods but the ice was destroyed by the end of each period so they added another intermission. Adding more periods wasn't viable cause resurfacing the ice was difficult at the time.

Comment

What's been lost I think is the fact our sophomore centre in his first playoff game had 17 points and 18 rebounds.
                    Indeed. Solid game from the youngest player on our team. Especially the work on the glass. Want to see that every game

Comment

JV was great today but he never gets any touches in the 2nd half
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• JV will dominate throughout the whole series if Brooklyn keeps putting a small lineup.

Comment

Yo, whats up with you plagiarizing someone from RealGM?! You're better than that Mack!
                          And RealGM?! C'mon man. Now we all know that you visit there!

Comment

He doesn't need more touches, per se, they just need to utilize more plays that aim to get bigs easy touches. A couple of his worst plays were in iso post ups. He thrived as a roll man, on putbacks, or on deep post ups aided by more movement in the O.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Spot on, just not sure about Fields in there. Guess it can't hurt to try him though.
                              Well the options are:

John Salmons: Inconsistent (More off than on though), solid defensively but not spectacular, decision making/movement poor mobility

Fields: No Shot, very good defensively, very active cutting/handling, faster and stronger

Not even a decision to me, its the playoffs and if Laundry's elbow is good, he should be playing, even if he cannot shoot

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                              Understated. His block on KG was huge too...

So excited to see what JV can do when he 1) trims up, 2) gets a better handle, and 3) does quicker outlet passes (on D and O)

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                They used to play two, thirty minute periods but the ice was destroyed by the end of each period so they added another intermission. Adding more periods wasn't viable cause resurfacing the ice was difficult at the time.
                                They resurface the ice in the intermissions? Man how little I know about the sport haha, but thanks for the answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X