Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1: Brooklyn Nets 94 - Toronto Raptors 87 (Nets 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    We want to be the pacers so bad that we've actually become them now. Lack of communication - check! Poor offense - check! Chemistry seemed off? - check! turnovers galore? -check!)
    Crappy fans? - ???
    OG is our king

Comment

• I think Landry Fields should be given minutes, specifically to guard Pierce or JJ(depending on which one has the hot hand).

I talked a bit earlier about the coaching staff making adjustments, and this is an example of one.

Lowry needs to shut down D Will, Ross can guard Pierce/Johnson, and Derozan needs to play the passing lane since he only has to prevent Shaun Livingston from getting to the rim (tall order for him, though).

Casey needs to get Derozan going in game 2. Pin downs and off ball cut plays will suffice, especially with Amir in the first/third quarters and 2Patt and his shooting range in the 2nd/early 4th.

Finally, keep feeding the Baltic Giant in the post. Its time for JV to become the star centre he was born to be, and for the rest of the league to realize it as well.

Game 2 is ours. Game 1 could have been, and had we not turned it over so much/shot so poorly/gotten into foul trouble/make defensive errors, this would have been an easy W. Lets go Raps!
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Here's a breakdown showing some of the reasons why we were beat.

OG is our king

Comment

• Watching ESPN, it's sad how they treat the Raptors. Basically they started the show showing the Grizz/OKC highlights, followed by the Pacers/Hawks, then the Warriors/Clippers. They have George Karl there to analyze all 3 games. Then they showed a short clip of Masai saying "Fuck Brooklyn" followed by all Nets highlights. They didn't show any single Raptors highlights at all. Like they didn't play. They didn't even analyze the game lol. They went to baseball highlights immediately.

I think Sportsnet(Canada) does a better job showing Raptors highlights than these guys lol. And this is the playoffs.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Let's hope DeMar DeRozan learns Soh Cah Toa for game 2
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
              I think Landry Fields should be given minutes, specifically to guard Pierce or JJ(depending on which one has the hot hand).
              Y'all got to let go of Landry Fields. If he were a game-changing player he would be playing already.

The coaching staff obviously know something we don't. It's probably that his nerve issues are severe and his jump shot is irreparably ruined. If he can't space the floor than it just makes it that much easier for Brooklyn to double off of him, or protect the paint from drives. And we've seen how well DeRozan, Ross and JV handle double teams — not very well at all.

And while we can joke about Salmons being just as bad, you still technically have to pretend to put a guy on him.

If you brought in Fields, he might catch another team off guard with some cuts and hustle plays but he'll be solved rather quickly.

That being said, I'd love to live in a world where Landry Field rises like a phoenix, resurrects our defense and offense and proves me wrong.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Watching ESPN, it's sad how they treat the Raptors. Basically they started the show showing the Grizz/OKC highlights, followed by the Pacers/Hawks, then the Warriors/Clippers. They have George Karl there to analyze all 3 games. Then they showed a short clip of Masai saying "Fuck Brooklyn" followed by all Nets highlights. They didn't show any single Raptors highlights at all. Like they didn't play. They didn't even analyze the game lol. They went to baseball highlights immediately.

I think Sportsnet(Canada) does a better job showing Raptors highlights than these guys lol. And this is the playoffs.
                Everyone in the states hate ESPN LMAO

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Watching ESPN, it's sad how they treat the Raptors. Basically they started the show showing the Grizz/OKC highlights, followed by the Pacers/Hawks, then the Warriors/Clippers. They have George Karl there to analyze all 3 games. Then they showed a short clip of Masai saying "Fuck Brooklyn" followed by all Nets highlights. They didn't show any single Raptors highlights at all. Like they didn't play. They didn't even analyze the game lol. They went to baseball highlights immediately.

Everyone in the states hate ESPN LMAO

Comment

• Nobody covers Salmons. Nobody covers anybody until they hit a shot. Did you see anybody racing over before Salmon airballed an open 3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Let's hope DeMar DeRozan learns Soh Cah Toa for game 2
                      Ain't nobody got time for that shit!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Someone yells "Lets go nets!" in union station after the game 1 loss and raptors fans aren't happy lol

Comment

• Things could always be worse...Roy Hibbert got rejected by Kyle Korver twice today, one of them flying out of bounds.... as the Pacers get stomped at home by #8 Atlanta.
                          I almost feel bad for him.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                            Someone yells "Lets go nets!" in union station after the game 1 loss and raptors fans aren't happy lol

Dude is lookin for a curb stompin'!

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                              Someone yells "Lets go nets!" in union station after the game 1 loss and raptors fans aren't happy lol

"You're a piece of shit" ahahhahahah

Comment

• For all of the problems yesterday, at least we never saw this hahaha
                                https://mobile.twitter.com/haralabob...5019776/photos
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X