Starting Lineup Salaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    well that's not how salaries work. If you are 7ft tall and can register a double double with passable defense you start at 11 million and work your way up. If all Ross turns into is a 3 and D guy ... he is getting between 5 - 8 million. This is what the current market is set at
    But Val is STILL so unproven. I couldn't imagine giving him a 'Favours' contract. And... look at my freaking profile pic. I think he will be amazing... key word: WILL.

He is still a net negative on the court.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      But Val is STILL so unproven. I couldn't imagine giving him a 'Favours' contract. And... look at my freaking profile pic. I think he will be amazing... key word: WILL.

He is still a net negative on the court.
      doesn't matter 11 million
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        doesn't matter 11 million
        This form of marketplace is so bad

Comment

This form of marketplace is so bad
          man someone like Okafor who cant shoot for shit made 14m this year.

JV has a jump shot, burgeoning post game, can shoot 80% from the line (which is worth 5m a year alone when it comes to centers) I'm not saying the market is correct in their evaluations, its just what has been decided.

If Jonas enters his contract year Averaging 18 and 12 shooting 80% from the line and isn't a defensive liability he will get close the to the max
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Vals getting max? huh?

Since when was this decided????
            Val for 10 mil.

Ross is NOT getting 10 mil. Ross for 7 mil.

That way, Lowry > Derozan = Val > Ross

Thats how salaries should work
            Javale McGee (!) got 10 mil per from Masai a few years ago.

Val will be minimum 14 mil.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

If Ross doesn't become more consistent and show big improvement there is no way he's making 10. At this point he should be at 5 or 6 tops. PPAT and gravy are gonna cost you dineros too. That is assuming these guys are going to be around. I get a funny feeling masai is going to try to move up in the draft
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

Javale McGee is one of the very few mistakes Masai has ever made

Comment

Giving examples of terrible contracts =/= prove that Val deserves more. All it shows is that those contracts are terrible.

Comment

Giving examples of terrible contracts =/= prove that Val deserves more. All it shows is that those contracts are terrible.
                    But it's just a fact that big men cost significantly more than other position players. And it's also a fact that the majority of the money you give a young guy is for potential. So we're saying if a legitimate 7 footer, who's only 21 years old puts up a 17/10 season then don't be surprised if someone offers him $14M plus. We're not the only ones negotiating with him and his agent.

Comment

It seems pointless to argue about Jonas' next contract and not discuss expectations for next year. If it's 8 mil or 16 mil depends entirely on his next season.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                        It seems pointless to argue about Jonas' next contract and not discuss expectations for next year. If it's 8 mil or 16 mil depends entirely on his next season.
                        Just came in to say this, Jonas' next contract is very far away. If you're going to argue anything then argue Lowry's contract (Or Casey's if you really want )

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          But it's just a fact that big men cost significantly more than other position players. And it's also a fact that the majority of the money you give a young guy is for potential. So we're saying if a legitimate 7 footer, who's only 21 years old puts up a 17/10 season then don't be surprised if someone offers him $14M plus. We're not the only ones negotiating with him and his agent.
                          Well we have restricted rights first and can extend him before anyone offers anything. Right?

Im pretty sure Val is happy with his placement, he knows he has the starting centre spot locked here + this teams direction and peak coincides perfectly with when he gets into his prime.

I don't see what would make Val test other offers. Small town boy looks at millions as all one thing: millions.

Comment

Well we have restricted rights first and can extend him before anyone offers anything. Right?

Im pretty sure Val is happy with his placement, he knows he has the starting centre spot locked here + this teams direction and peak coincides perfectly with when he gets into his prime.

I don't see what would make Val test other offers. Small town boy looks at millions as all one thing: millions.
                            That is a hell of a lot of assumptions for a guy you don't know and who, like every player in the league, is represented by an agent.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                              That is a hell of a lot of assumptions for a guy you don't know and who, like every player in the league, is represented by an agent.
                              Agreed. Money is money man, if Toronto is offering 10M/5-Yrs, and other team are offering 15M/4-Years, are you going to leave 10-Million on the table?

If JV continues his progress, he's going to get at least 2-Maximum Contracts in his NBA Career.

Nobody shows their true colors until money is involved.

However, I believe that he'll get 10+ for sure. If playoffs Val, like people have been saying, is the one that shows up next season, and continues to improve, he's worth the Max, IMHO at least. 15M/5-Yrs from the Raps? I believe that's what a Max after a rookie deal is correct?

Comment

This starting lineup core will be broken up way before the Raptors need to resign either Ross or JV

Comment

Working...
                                X