Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #3: Toronto Raptors 98 - Brooklyn Nets 102 (Nets Lead Series 2-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wallz wrote: View Post
    Limit turnovers, guard the 3, rebound, and move the ball.

Oh, and what Masai said
    'what Masai said'....imagine that printed on the front of the shirts they give out at the next home game....lol
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      'what Masai said'....imagine that printed on the front of the shirts they give out at the next home game....lol
      Raps should do that if Nets' fans boo our national anthem.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Fair enough. I take it you enjoyed watching Hayes put out there when there was no post threat on the floor? And thought Salmons did well in his matchup? And thought playing Patrick Patterson, with the task of chasing Paul Pierce around the perimeter, for 15 straight minutes with no rest to end the game, directly leading to Pierce getting free of him and going off in clutch time, was a good idea?

If that's what Casey considers proper player usage, then darn right I know more about it than he does. If game 2 is more representative of his player usage, then I have fewer complaints.
        Hayes and Salmons played well against the Nets during the regular season. Hayes QB's the D when Amir sits, played all of 6 minutes and the Raps were +3 while he was on the floor.

As far as PP's 15 4th Q minutes with no rest, Game 1, Mavs-Spurs, 4 Mavs including 35 yr old Dirk and 37 yr old VC played the entire 4th . Game 2 Bulls-Wiz, 4 Bulls played the entire 4th (in fact Butler played the entire 53 minutes). I only checked a few close games, I'n sure I could find more examples. But then what do NBA coaches know.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Hayes and Salmons played well against the Nets during the regular season. Hayes QB's the D when Amir sits, played all of 6 minutes and the Raps were +3 while he was on the floor.

As far as PP's 15 4th Q minutes with no rest, Game 1, Mavs-Spurs, 4 Mavs including 35 yr old Dirk and 37 yr old VC played the entire 4th . Game 2 Bulls-Wiz, 4 Bulls played the entire 4th (in fact Butler played the entire 53 minutes). I only checked a few close games, I'n sure I could find more examples. But then what do NBA coaches know.
          Marc Gasol just played 45 minutes in a non-overtime game on Monday.
          Zach Randolph played 41. Neither are exactly the picture of Fitness.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            Marc Gasol just played 45 minutes in a non-overtime game on Monday.
            Zach Randolph played 41. Neither are exactly the picture of Fitness.
            Yup. Meanwhile Casey is incompetent for allowing 25 yr old PP to play 15 of his 26 total minutes in the 4th.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Yup. Meanwhile Casey is incompetent for allowing 25 yr old PP to play 15 of his 26 total minutes in the 4th.
              Thats impossible!

Comment

Mock all you like. Patterson was exhausted and lost Pierce on 4 straight possessions that cost us the game.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Mock all you like. Patterson was exhausted and lost Pierce on 4 straight possessions that cost us the game.
                  Yeah, playing any guy for 15 minutes straight is ridiculous. Doesn't matter how old that guy is. The only time it's close to ok is when you're riding a unit into OT

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

You know he was exhausted how? And he didn't lose Pierce on 4 straight possessions. Definitely on the inbounds play he got screened by Garnett and JV was way too slow to react. On the jumper at the top of the key he was right on top of Pierce. Pierce sunk a tough shot.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, playing any guy for 15 minutes straight is ridiculous. Doesn't matter how old that guy is. The only time it's close to ok is when you're riding a unit into OT

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      You may think that. Obviously multiple NBA coaches don't.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                        I don't think I'm wrong, maybe he killed him in the post but that's just one facet of the game. overall he stopped him far more often than not and Johnson did very little in any game, picking through shot attempts does not tell the full story. I do not advocate putting him on Johnson though due to the fact that he would rack up the fouls pretty quickly.
                        I guess the reality is JJ probably didn't post up that often in those games, so they probably didnt take advantage. So you probably are right in that he would get destroyed, i mean physically it seems logical.

To be honest I don't think JJ is getting enough usage in this series either, prior to that stretch in the third quarter they had hardly run anything for him in either game, he was just kind of drifting out there which is a break for the raptors imo.
                        See I think they will attack Ross in the post if they do have that matchup.

I guess it is worth a shot at this point because we know DD can't guard JJ

Comment

In both games 1 and 2, Jack Armstrong's remarked that JV's been gassed towards the end of his 1st quarter shift, and both times Casey played him 3 or 4 minutes past that point.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            See I think they will attack Ross in the post if they do have that matchup.

I guess it is worth a shot at this point because we know DD can't guard JJ
                            I'd actually like to see them try, I think Ross might surprise us and hold his own.
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Along those same lines, I'm expecting a good game from Ross tonight.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Rodney Mott, Mike Callahan, Scott Wall are today's refs.

We're underdogs tonight!

Comment

Working...
                                X