Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #5: Brooklyn Nets 113 - Toronto Raptors 115 (Raptors Lead Series 3-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    I wonder if Masai knew he'd accidentally create the series motto?
    Masai knows everything.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Honestly, what's he supposed to say?

Da Truth ain't speaking da truth.....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

Time for a little Meatloaf:

You took the words right out of my mouth......

ANd that is where we cut the song.

Comment

haha seriously, people these days need to be taught to take a deep breath and think about things for at least 5 seconds before getting offended.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
            haha seriously, people these days need to be taught to take a deep breath and think about things for at least 5 seconds before getting offended.
            Not offended in the slightest bit. Duh.

But,

Fuck Brooklyn
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Tried to find a gif of this but inexplicably none had been created. This one legged """""runner"""" from 20' from the great Chuckwagon deserves some real recognition. It even had the real awkward hitch that his free throws have which i find makes it even more epic

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Not sure if anyone saw the NBAtv broadcast.

They had up a graphic of leading rebounders in the playoffs.

JV was 4th before last night at 12 per game.

What was crazy was all the guys in the top 5 played 35-42 minutes per game. They are playing an extra 5-12 minutes per game yet Howard was leading with 14 per game.... just 2 more.
                Yeah, I caught that. JV only had six rebounds but only played 24 minutes. He is definitely better at managing his level of fouling this year, but the playoff's have been another season for him. Hard not to believe he will be in pretty elite company next season, as far as centers go. I don't believe anyone predicted him making this kind of a playoff run this year. (I mean after it was apparent the Raps would get into the playoffs )

Comment

• Poor guy ...his life is over!! The gf was unimpressed at his celebration attempt....there was still 27 secs left at the time of "the move". She knows Raptors basketball....the game wasnt over.

Comment

• I'm not about the read through 25 pages of comments first, but what was up with all the And1's given up? I counted 5.

I miss the days of Oakley and the hard fouls. Guys would go to the line with bruised forearms.

Comment

I'm not about the read through 25 pages of comments first, but what was up with all the And1's given up? I counted 5.

I miss the days of Oakley and the hard fouls. Guys would go to the line with bruised forearms.
                      I'm not going to go through a detailed analysis but guys were late recovering then jumping on long range shots and layups and playing the ball instead of the arm or head.

Comment

• I was able to see you the last play on a non NBA TV feed. You could hear the whistle in this one but not the NBA TV one before the half court heave so I can get how they were confused. If Lowry had tipped it, it would have been nets ball with about 1 second left and no goaltend.

Nets Get Backcourt Violation to Lose Game 5: http://youtu.be/vIhG8E1GpN0

BigCamB wrote: View Post

Tried to find a gif of this but inexplicably none had been created. This one legged """""runner"""" from 20' from the great Chuckwagon deserves some real recognition. It even had the real awkward hitch that his free throws have which i find makes it even more epic
                        Salmons really wasted that shot clock looking to iso and left Hayes on an island. Hayes made a shot I didn't know he possibly could and bailed him out. Ever since the ASB, I've really begun to dislike Salmons as a player.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I'm not about the read through 25 pages of comments first, but what was up with all the And1's given up? I counted 5.

Yup. They got sloppy once they were up 20+ and it almost cost them the game (series?). So many stupid, lazy fouls, especially the and1's.

They also got lazy on the offensive end, going away from the inside-out game (my #1 key to the game) and the team-oriented ball movement (my #2 key to the game) that built their huge lead, settling for so many long shots off absolutely no ball movement (not to mention several shot clock violations).

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Keys to the game:

#1 - Play inside out, rather than settling for contested long jumpers. Punish their small unit down low and ideally get them in early foul trouble (I'd attack Pierce specifically, since he's undersized defensively).

#2 - Share the ball, don't force the offense and don't play into the defense's plans.

#3 - Play 9 or 10 guys if need be, to keep the legs fresh, especially on the defensive end. Use youth, speed and ball movement to tire them out.
                          Yes they won the game, but I hope DC ripped them a new one for their 4th quarter apathy. They need to finish games strong. Playing like that against Miami will lead to an embarrassing 4-game sweep that will struggle to even be competitive. 48 minutes!

Also, Salmons is as useless offensively as Fields is.
                          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu May 1, 2014, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• LMAO

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              Yup. They got sloppy once they were up 20+ and it almost cost them the game (series?). So many stupid, lazy fouls, especially the and1's.

They also got lazy on the offensive end, going away from the inside-out game (my #1 key to the game) and the team-oriented ball movement (my #2 key to the game) that built their huge lead, settling for so many long shots off absolutely no ball movement (not to mention several shot clock violations).

Yes they won the game, but I hope DC ripped them a new one for their 4th quarter apathy. They need to finish games strong. Playing like that against Miami will lead to an embarrassing 4-game sweep that will struggle to even be competitive. 48 minutes!

Also, Salmons is as useless offensively as Fields is.
                              This has got to be on Casey (the shot clock violations). You can tell it was a team strategy the entire 4th quarter to use the entire shot clock and try to run the time down and protect the lead. We were waiting until less than 10 seconds on the shot clock to initiate the offense almost every time down the court. Just like in the NFL, it always comes back to bite you in the ass.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, I caught that. JV only had six rebounds but only played 24 minutes. He is definitely better at managing his level of fouling this year, but the playoff's have been another season for him. Hard not to believe he will be in pretty elite company next season, as far as centers go. I don't believe anyone predicted him making this kind of a playoff run this year. (I mean after it was apparent the Raps would get into the playoffs )
                                Yesterday though he only had 2 fouls in the 4th.

I'm tired of seeing him held back because of vets.

Raps aren't winning championship this year but future years??? It would be nice to have him acclimated to the playoffs... and also not looking over his shoulder for the hook.

Comment

Working...
                                X