Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #5: Brooklyn Nets 113 - Toronto Raptors 115 (Raptors Lead Series 3-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    Watching the and 1's over again. I hate the way Alan Anderson shoots. He jumped forward and those two and ones about three feet. If he jumped straight up he wouldnt of been hit on either of them.
    He used to get and 1 3s all the Time with the raptors too. He obviously knows how to do it.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      He used to get and 1 3s all the Time with the raptors too. He obviously knows how to do it.
      I'd take alan anderson over john salmons any day.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
        At this point I'd take Steve Novak. All they do with jj is triple team anyways its not lole salmons d is making a difference

Comment

• Salmons was the best of a hapless bunch attempting to stop ISO Joe, but was that worth his literally useless offensive showing? Doubt it!

Comment

• I think it's safe to say that raps fans are louder and more passionate.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              Though I am not a Casey fan if we beat Brooklyn and push Miami I think it will be pretty hard to replace him. I do think issues re Fields, JV need to be dealt with. I wonder if he just gets too caught up in the game at the moment to remember for example to put JV back in?
              I think it's a combination of factors: Casey not trusting JV on d completely, JV generally being winded and turnover prone at the end of games, and the actual match-up (who JV is guarding).

Also, based on interviews, geniunely seems to believe in not putting JV or young players in situations where they would be in over their head, because he thinks it's counter-productive.

So I think its less a matter of Casey forgetting about JV, and more a matter of being too cautious and protective of his development. On the one hand you can argue that JV should be fast-tracked, on the other hand JV hasn't developed many bad habits like other rookies/sophmores and is learning how to play 'the right way'.
              Last edited by bryan colangelo; Thu May 1, 2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                I think it's a combination of factors: Casey not trusting JV not on d completely, JV generally being winded and turnover prone at the end of games, and the actual match-up (who JV is guarding).

Also, based on interviews, geniunely seems to believe in not putting JV or young players in situations where they would be in over there head, because he thinks it's counter-productive.

So I think its less a matter of Casey forgetting about JV, and more a matter of being too cautious and protective of his development. On the one hand you can argue that JV should be fast-tracked, on the other JV hasn't developed many bad habits like other rookies/sophmores and is learning how to play 'the right way'.
                Well said. Very fair.
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                  Watching the and 1's over again. I hate the way Alan Anderson shoots. He jumped forward and those two and ones about three feet. If he jumped straight up he wouldnt of been hit on either of them.
                  I hate Alan Anderson's shot selection. For a run-of-the-mill talent he calls his own number waaaay too much, especially with JJ and Williams on the floor.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I think it's safe to say that raps fans are louder and more passionate.
                    A little too cocky last night though. I think its safe to say the brooooklyn chant woke them up a little bit.

Comment

Oh definitely. And amir should never been flying at anyone that aggressively anyway. But fuck I still have residual anger for a.a.

Comment

A little too cocky last night though. I think its safe to say the brooooklyn chant woke them up a little bit.
                        Nah. the Brooklyn chant started in the first.
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Yeah, yeah. I'm not arguing otherwise. Just saying I had my stomach half way up my throat for a second there.
                          I absolutely did think it was a goaltend while watching as well. I didn't hear the whistle on the feed I was watching. In the actual arena, especially given how loud it was, I assume it was impossible to hear as well.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Absolutely. At one point during the chant they cut to a shot of Johnson, and you could actually see him becoming pissed off.

And then the Nets start that insane run.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                              I absolutely did think it was a goaltend while watching as well. I didn't hear the whistle on the feed I was watching. In the actual arena, especially given how loud it was, I assume it was impossible to hear as well.
                              There's one angle where it's obvious that JV had a clear line of sight on the play, and could see that it was not deflected. People are making way to big a deal out of this.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Anyone notice how often Lowry went to the behind the back dribble when driving last name, especially in the 4th? And how ridiculously effective it was? He got by Johnson/Williams at least 3 times because of it, he even partially broke Williams ankle using it when he hit the clutch floater with 30 seconds left.

Comment

Working...
                                X