Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #5: Brooklyn Nets 113 - Toronto Raptors 115 (Raptors Lead Series 3-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey wrote: View Post
    While it is funny, I do find it interesting how none of the blame for JVs lack of touches is falling on our Floor General, and consensus Leader. Though I guess it wouldn't play into the whole "Demar is Brutal" narrative ...
    I'm already on the anti-DeRozan hit list, so I haven't mentioned it, but I've found at times that ball has moved more when Vasquez is running the show (sometimes alongside Lowry, to be fair). The issue with both Lowry and DeRozan is that when their shots aren't dropping, the can press too much, to the further detriment of the team. Obviously they've been the focal points of the Brooklyn defense, so some of the blame has to fall on DC, for failing to adapt effectively (uh oh, now I'm bashing a COY vote-getter too, for shame).

The best part of this series is that we've yet to have a game when all our starters are 'on'.... maybe tonight...

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Took me two minutes checking his shots from last game. Check game 4, score is 49-39 with 3:00 left in the first half. Exactly as I described.

NBA.com has full highlights for all FGA's. Try this link:

http://on.nba.com/1n3LiTo
      Good lord, that was a terrible possession
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I'm already on the anti-DeRozan hit list, so I haven't mentioned it, but I've found at times that ball has moved more when Vasquez is running the show (sometimes alongside Lowry, to be fair). The issue with both Lowry and DeRozan is that when their shots aren't dropping, the can press too much, to the further detriment of the team. Obviously they've been the focal points of the Brooklyn defense, so some of the blame has to fall on DC, for failing to adapt effectively (uh oh, now I'm bashing a COY vote-getter too, for shame).

The best part of this series is that we've yet to have a game when all our starters are 'on'.... maybe tonight...
        Seriously! If Ross can ever start hitting some shots we'll be sitting real pretty
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Took me two minutes checking his shots from last game. Check game 4, score is 49-39 with 3:00 left in the first half. Exactly as I described.

NBA.com has full highlights for all FGA's. Try this link:

http://on.nba.com/1n3LiTo
          Thanks for going through the trouble of finding that!

However, I don't see an ISO call here, I see Demar reminding Jonas what the actual play call was. Before Demar waved Jonas, Vasquez was setting a screen for Patterson, who then faked a screen and popped to the elbow.

Thats a play, not an ISO call. Val probably was confused as to what the play was and Demar reminded him to go to the deep post.

This was the play:

1. Vasquez sets a screen for Patterson
          2. Patterson fakes the screen for Demar and slips its for a pop at the elbow
          3. Garnet has to rotate to pick up Patterson
          4. Demar drives to the right, JV is open in the deep post
          5. Garnett recovers well into the passing lane, JV cannot recieve the pass anymore
          6. Allen Anderson sags to further protect the passing lane and the drive
          7. Demar has an open pull up

That is NOT an ISO.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Holy shit. Every thread is just about DeRozan now. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????? and people are just making stuff up now. Like DD waving JV away to iso. Really?? i haven't seen DD wave away JV once. Sometimes he misses him on the roll. It happens. I don't think he does it on purpose.

Raptors won Game 4. Series is now tied at 2 apiece. And all people here want to talk about is trade DD. DD this, DD that. Are you kidding me?? the guy is an all-star and he's currently averaging 24ppg in this series! I know the GENIUSES here would counter and mention his shooting %. Guess what? they've only played 4 fucking games!! KD is only shooting 40% in the series against the Grizzlies. Randolph a big guy is only shooting 38%. Harden 35% Westbrook 34% Wall 36% etc.

The haters here are just ridiculous. You people need to appreciate what you have. DeRozan is not the perfect 2 guard( who is?). But he's pretty good.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              Seriously! If Ross can ever start hitting some shots we'll be sitting real pretty
              And DeRozan (36% / 18%).... and Lowry (40% / 30%)... and Johnson (2, 17, 7, 16 pts)... and Valanciunas (17, 15, 10, 6 pts)...

Ross has been AWOL the entire series, but they've been going away from Valanciunas more each game (pleeeeeeease play an inside-out game tonight), Amir has been hit-or-miss, while DeRozan and Lowry are scoring but inefficiently.

If the Raps can finally make some adjustments to counter Brooklyn's consistent defensive pressure and priorities, they would be sitting pretty! Share the ball, pound it inside (post-up, P&R, driving to the basket), keep the legs fresh and don't let off the gas!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                How exactly does that look? Does he use his hands to physically wave him off? I swear, I haven't seen this once.
                Here: http://on.nba.com/1rv0rz4
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

He scored didn't he?? so who cares?? what do you want him to do exactly? pass JV the ball? there was no space to make the pass.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    He scored didn't he?? so who cares?? what do you want him to do exactly? pass JV the ball? there was no space to make the pass.
                    Lol, you said I was making shit up, I'm just providing some evidence.

And just because you score doesn't mean it's a good play.

Again, the issue is just one of team play vs. iso. That play was about as iso as you can get.
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Lol, you said I was making shit up, I'm just providing some evidence.

And just because you score doesn't mean it's a good play.
                      I don't think he was waving him off. I think he was giving JV instructions where to be.

And you didn't answer my question, what do you want him to do in that play? pass the ball to JV?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

don't know where else to put this

Comment

I agree though, enough Demar.

Two and a half hours to tip!

LETS GOOOOOOOO!

WICTORY TIMEEEEEEEEEE!
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            I don't think he was waving him off. I think he was giving JV instructions where to be.

And you didn't answer my question, what do you want him to do in that play? pass the ball to JV?
                            Run a pick and roll.
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Go Raptors.

Comment

Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
                                don't know where else to put this
                                T-Ross gonna have the northern touch tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

- Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X