Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #6: Toronto Raptors 83 - Brooklyn Nets 97 (Series Tied 3-3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    Absolutely agree. The way to beat the refs is to play hard, attack the basket persistently and force the refs to start calling the game honestly.
    This is almost impossible once the precedent has been set. Nets were hacking more than a lumberjack, no calls.

Comment

I don't think he has any other options, with Fields injured. Vasquez and Ross can only handle so many minutes. A DeColo sighting would be pretty left field.
      A De Colo sighting means we can put Vasquez on the wing

De Colo+Vasquez is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Salmons+Vasquez

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Austin Daye>>>>>>>>>Salmons.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Not sure you can throw De Colo into the fire at this point. he hasn't really responded well even in the regular season when given sporadic minutes. To suddenly make him your 3rd wing with uncertain role/minutes in the most important game of the year? Really not sure that's a good idea, and would lean toward it's a terrible one.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            This is almost impossible once the precedent has been set. Nets were hacking more than a lumberjack, no calls.
            Got to keep attacking. Eventually, those non-calls will start to look really suspicious on television if they don't start to go our way. The league office takes fairness and officiating very seriously — or least they want fans to believe they do.

The only way the Raptors can make the refs less biased is to play so hard that they almost prove, in public, that they are.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Not sure you can throw De Colo into the fire at this point. he hasn't really responded well even in the regular season when given sporadic minutes. To suddenly make him your 3rd wing with uncertain role/minutes in the most important game of the year? Really not sure that's a good idea, and would lean toward it's a terrible one.
              So you would rather keep doing what hasn't been working than try something new??

At this point our second unit needs 1) Energy, 2) Defense, 3) Aggressively attacking with the dribble

Those are 3 things De Colo has never failed to do, even in his sporadic minutes. Casey is wonderful for nudering players and I don't think that putting De Colo out there now would be throwing him into the fire

Comment

I agree. Trying new stuff in Game 7 can end up being a disaster. Like starting Bargs at a 4 in playoffs by Mitchell. Throws off rhythm, chemistry and I don't know if De Colo will react well.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Got to keep attacking. Eventually, those non-calls will start to look really suspicious on television if they don't start to go our way. The league office takes fairness and officiating very seriously — or least they want fans to believe they do.

The only way the Raptors can make the refs less biased is to play so hard that they almost prove, in public, that they are.
                  Agreed, but I also can hardly fault a young team for getting demoralized by it.

Comment

So you would rather keep doing what hasn't been working than try something new??

At this point our second unit needs 1) Energy, 2) Defense, 3) Aggressively attacking with the dribble

Those are 3 things De Colo has never failed to do, even in his sporadic minutes. Casey is wonderful for nudering players and I don't think that putting De Colo out there now would be throwing him into the fire
                    He has failed immensely at times, because he misdirects his energy and aggression when playing with uncertainty in his role. He can be a huge negative due to his erratic play.

I would rather just put Fields back out there. He plays a smart game, and is generally not prone to huge mistakes. Role him out there with 4 scoring options and you're fine. And combination of 2 out of 3 of Vasquez, DeMar and Lowry, and 2 out of 3 of JV, 2Pat and Amir (ideally 2Pat out there for spacing).

Comment

He has failed immensely at times, because he misdirects his energy and aggression when playing with uncertainty in his role. He can be a huge negative due to his erratic play.

I would rather just put Fields back out there. He plays a smart game, and is generally not prone to huge mistakes. Role him out there with 4 scoring options and you're fine. And combination of 2 out of 3 of Vasquez, DeMar and Lowry, and 2 out of 3 of JV, 2Pat and Amir (ideally 2Pat out there for spacing).
                      We all would. Though we know it isn't happening so we need to try something else. De Colo is our last option (even though he should have been our second one behind Fields, and in front of Salmons)

Comment

We all would. Though we know it isn't happening so we need to try something else. De Colo is our last option (even though he should have been our second one behind Fields, and in front of Salmons)
                        It's 3-3, not 3-0. Bringing in De Colo is way too drastic of a change. It could help us but he's also the sort of player to have 3 turnovers in 1 minute, and we're not so much worse than the Nets that we have to play those odds.

Comment

• I disagree.

I really think he can change a game. And if he kills you, just go back to what doesn't.

The fact that Casey never prepped him to play with the team enough before playoffs speaks to how bad of a coach Casey is as well.

Comment

• If this next game is @1pm I am guaranteeing a loss. We had a terrible record when these guys routine gets broken.

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
                              If this next game is @1pm I am guaranteeing a loss. We had a terrible record when these guys routine gets broken.
                              Dam, 1pm?

I think that'll be 10:00 am for me.

Seems kinda early.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                                Dam, 1pm?

I think that'll be 10:00 am for me.

Seems kinda early.
                                It depends on this game happening right now.

I don't know what happens though if Portland wins. Probably still early, but maybe at 3:30 or something??

Comment

Working...
                                X