Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #7: Brooklyn Nets 104 - Toronto Raptors 103 (Nets Win Series 4-3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still say the Kobe 81 & the VC game winning three hurt just as bad especially how J-Kidd put salt in our wounds and was all up in carter's shoulders humping and claiming his territory. As much as it sucks I feel like this Nets vs. Heat series is too good to pass up for the NBA and wasn't really surprised we got no call.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Yeah, I'm rooting for Miami to crush them.
      Me too. This is the only time I will ever root for Miami.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• I can't complain.

I wanted Lowry to take the shot. I didn't want him to settle for a contested jumpshot. He took it hard to the rim, he got past his defender and Patterson's defender, and he put up a floater which would have gone in had he not been hit. That take would normally result in a foul call, but not at the end of the game, or series for that matter. Foul or not, it was a good play by Kyle. Im proud of him, and of every member of this season's squad, for fighting with every ounce of courage for each other and for Toronto.

We can reminisce for the whole summer on the what if's and not's, but right now, on the evening of the end of one of the best seasons in franchise history, I just want to feel proud of my team and of the fact that I was a part of this wonderful movement that brought this city and this country so much closer together. The memories made from this playoff run will be very memorable for me.

#WeTheNorth
        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          Me too. This is the only time I will ever root for Miami.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
          I know me too I really hope this will be the last time I vote for them floppers
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            whatever.... i love my team man
            Maybe the message of my original post was lost. It was a great play. It will not be like all the other "what ifs" because we did what we needed to do. The point was to say why it was different. I love this team.

Comment

• Man, I can't even read my book. What do?
              OG is our king

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                Trade value of Amir, DeRozan, Ross and JV is much higher than it was at the beginning of the season. Plus we have cap space if we don't resign a bunch of guys, and still have a first rounder and 2 second rounders.

I think if you consider how aggressively the rest of the league was tanking, and how little we were being offered for Lowry, it would have been a huge gamble to tank and to get a top-5 pick. We came out ahead.
                Good points.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  So, will Lowry's drive to to bucket live in infamy with Vince's clanking 3 or Jose's pass that was blocked by inches by RJ from getting to Bosh under an open basket? After watching it a billion times in a row, it was so close. If he hadn't lost control of the ball, Ppat wouldn't have taken that one step in and he would have continued to block out pierce as he had been doing. Oh well. Similarities indeed but that's where in ends. While it would have been amazing to have seen it go in and win this series, it didn't really change the outcome that much. He misses, we come within inches of winning the series and we go home. He makes it, we win the series, we play the Heat and are home after 4 games. Don't have visions of grandeur. We have never beaten the Heat in the regular season, it was not going to start in the playoffs. The 2001 team could have done something next back then. Maybe the 2007 one as well. This team did all it needed to do in the seven games it played. Bring on the summer.

And, in the end, I guess it was about Lowry
                  Winning the first playoff series in over a decade and the first game 7 in over a decade in Toronto vs. same old song and dance

How is that not changing the outcome much?
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Im sad the raptors are out, even though they'd have been beaten handily by the heat it would've been fun to send the cocky, old, nets packing and winning a series is a good accomplishment for a young team. But I'm not upset at all with the last shot...to be honest I was surprised they even got the opportunity to have one given how the game was going for 95% of it.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      He is so full of it..
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                        So he seriously threw Ross under the bus about " being in the wrong position" for the play at the end???
                        Ross was in the wrong position

But no, you NEVER throw a player under the bus like that publicly, EVER.

TRex wrote: View Post
                        He was horrible. I don't think he made a single jump shot in this game. He couldn't even hit his freethrows. All of his points today were layups.

Just a brutal, brutal performance.
                        Well if his performance was brutal

Then so was DDs, nearly identical stat line (except Ross more defensive stats, DD more assists and FTs). Oh and DD played 15 more minutes. Ross I though had a pretty decent game. If he hits two of those threes he goes from being "good" to having an amazing game.

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        May have lost a game 7 today, but at least we get a game of thrones tonight.

Comment

• We never led except briefly early. 3-8 in close games hurt us in the end.

Comment

• Good read

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...on_arthur.html

"And when Lowry left the podium Pierce was there in street clothes, and he hugged Lowry and told him, “Great series. Y’all the future. You got a nice duo here. You’re a beast.” Nets coach Jason Kidd met Lowry a little later and said, “Young fellah: Keep working.”
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Ross was in the wrong position

But no, you NEVER throw a player under the bus like that publicly, EVER.

Well if his performance was brutal

Then so was DDs, nearly identical stat line (except Ross more defensive stats, DD more assists and FTs). Oh and DD played 15 more minutes. Ross I though had a pretty decent game. If he hits two of those threes he goes from being "good" to having an amazing game.

Well that was my point. I know he was in the wrong position. Yet Casey made one of the "biggest mistakes a coach can make" on that final play so he's in no position to talk.

The only thing brutal about his game was his nerves, he had a good game overall. I'm disappointed he was a nervous wreck. When you're super nervous the jump shot is the first thing to go and you could tell it was obvious he was never going to make them. If he could've just made one or two threes like normal It'd have been a great Ross game, he made five buckets at the rim which is more than he usually does, and got some key defensive stops.

Comment

• Let the Kyle Lowry sweepstakes begin! (psst, Kyle: we're the best team for you.)
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X