Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything CHAMPIONS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Winning this would be huge, because of how we got here. 24 years of fandom through a LOT of really bad teams - it took us a long time to get here and it makes it all so sweet to be in this spot. We at RR are so, perhaps too, invested in this team, so a win will hopefully settle the sea of chaos that is RR and we can be the united north for at least 1 summer.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

    If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

    Comment


    • #17
      KeonClark wrote: View Post

      There's still a section of people here for that. Keeping an internal score and with each stand you win or you lose. I have one guy calling me a wishy washy poster because I've both complimented and criticized a coach, as if that's absurd lol.

      as far as chr1sian, his love died the day derozan got shipped out. I literally wonder if he knew demar in some way, maybe one of his posse (shoutout phil jackson)
      Chr1s1anL was also a huuuuge Casey supporter and kept clinging to .....y'all love Masai and Casey is his guy. Last off-season must have hit like a ton of bricks. But like PM alluded to, he predictably re-surfaced for a week or so after JV was traded because that was the stance he was peddling for so long. Just confirms that there are people who only post on fan forums for the sole purpose of saying: "I told you so. I'm right about everything." Sad.

      Comment


      • #18
        planetmars wrote: View Post
        Stats are there.. click "Member List" and sort by "Posts".

        Top 5 are:

        1. rocwell
        2. Apollo
        3. MACK11
        4. Joey
        5. KeonClark

        I think McHappy/Matt52's account was removed. He's not in the member list anymore. A tragedy right there in my opinion.

        I’m 14th, which is a bit higher than I thought I would be. I guess that shows how the “core” group of people who regularly post here isn’t actually super large.

        To that point, out of the top 100 all-time posters (all over 2200 posts) over 30 haven’t been on the site for at least the last couple months. In terms of current activity, around 110 different members have visited the site at least once since Game 5.

        I’m not sure why I spent five minutes looking at that, but I found it somewhat interesting
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

        Comment


        • #19
          007 wrote: View Post

          I’m 14th, which is a bit higher than I thought I would be. I guess that shows how the “core” group of people who regularly post here isn’t actually super large.

          To that point, out of the top 100 all-time posters (all over 2200 posts) over 30 haven’t been on the site for at least the last couple months. In terms of current activity, around 110 different members have visited the site at least once since Game 5.

          I’m not sure why I spent five minutes looking at that, but I found it somewhat interesting
          A big reason why I prefer it to reddit or real gm. Smaller community and you get to know guys, if only just by the screen name. The negative aspect to that is we can tend to develop a hive mind, like one guy pelting the board with anti nurse everything can influence conversations and themes
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • #20
            007 wrote: View Post

            I’m not sure why I spent five minutes looking at that, but I found it somewhat interesting
            Advanced stats are like a drug!
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

            Comment


            • #21
              Axel wrote: View Post

              Advanced stats are like a drug!
              I gotta crank up my PER (Poster Efficiency Rating) and my Likes Per 36 Posts. I’ve been typing like a role player the last few months!
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

              Comment


              • #22
                007 wrote: View Post

                I gotta crank up my PER (Poster Efficiency Rating) and my Likes Per 36 Posts. I’ve been typing like a role player the last few months!
                You gotta adjust for era. People were throwing more likes out on the old forum style, pace has slowed down
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Axel wrote: View Post
                  Winning this would be huge, because of how we got here. 24 years of fandom through a LOT of really bad teams - it took us a long time to get here and it makes it all so sweet to be in this spot. We at RR are so, perhaps too, invested in this team, so a win will hopefully settle the sea of chaos that is RR and we can be the united north for at least 1 summer.
                  Probably united for a day to one week because free agency is around the corner and you know what that will bring.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    KeonClark wrote: View Post

                    A big reason why I prefer it to reddit or real gm. Smaller community and you get to know guys, if only just by the screen name. The negative aspect to that is we can tend to develop a hive mind, like one guy pelting the board with anti nurse everything can influence conversations and themes
                    Same here. I like rapport that comes from the smaller board. It leads to more interesting conversations.

                    ​​​​​​It's also easier to understand where people are coming from.


                    That said, if the Raptors do win the title this year I think it solidifies them as one of the best organizations in the league. No one can dispute it or put them down then. I think FA's will be much more likely to consider this place if Kawhi resigns and I think a title win makes it impossible for Kawhi to leave. Also basketball popularity in Canada is leveling up. This run will be viewed as impactful as those few glory years with Carter, if not more.
                    ​​

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Fun with numbers...

                      JClaw is #50 on this list.

                      He used his 5000 post for the (official) Game #6 Game Thread of the 2019 NBA Finals.

                      He now currently sits at 5006 posts.

                      The Six in 6.

                      Let's go.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Also... I'm 66th.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Apollo wrote: View Post

                          Same here. I like rapport that comes from the smaller board. It leads to more interesting conversations.

                          ​​​​​​It's also easier to understand where people are coming from.


                          That said, if the Raptors do win the title this year I think it solidifies them as one of the best organizations in the league. No one can dispute it or put them down then. I think FA's will be much more likely to consider this place if Kawhi resigns and I think a title win makes it impossible for Kawhi to leave. Also basketball popularity in Canada is leveling up. This run will be viewed as impactful as those few glory years with Carter, if not more.
                          ​​
                          If they win and Kawhi comes back you'll have free agents looking to come here to try and win a ring with him. Now, that can mean a lot of different kinds of free agents but it will, at the very least, make it easier to fill out the roster and add specialists for the playoffs.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Winning would end climate change, let's go.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I will cheer my ass, go to nbastore.ca immediately to buy my raptors nba champs shirt and hat and have a great for 2 weeks until Kawhi makes the "decision"

                              If he makes the decision to stay then I will be so looking forward to next year and maybe try to get season tickets, if they become available... if kawhi leaves and we get no one, ill be depressed.

                              it's as honest as that.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Apollo wrote: View Post

                                You and Joey will pass me. I've slowed down and this little spike will end with the playoffs.
                                Nah I’m expecting a 20 post flurry from you when we sign the Brazilian Patrick McCaw to a summer league contract

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X