No announcement yet.

Vasquez says that KD will come to Toronto to win championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a lot of reasons why fans would think KD is a possibility.

Raptors getting the all-star game in 2016 when KD is a free agent. KD loving Vince and Toronto. Sportsnet (ie, Rogers) doing a thing on Vince. Getting Drake (KD's friend) to help market the Raptors. MU signing Augustin (don't think that was a coincidence - he played with KD in college) then trading for GV (who is friends, and played with him in highschool). GV talking about bringing KD to Toronto now...

Probably not a reality but TL is a boss.. have to start thinking big as well.

Comment

Everyone keeps talking about drake and Vasquez and Vince and lieweke. Stop. One thing and one thing only will make Kevin Durant come here:

WINNING.

Thats it. Thats all. As in, we need conference finals or better in 2015. He need a to know that coming to toronto would make us a bona fide heavyweight contender. Hes not jumping ship to a team that would end up worse then the one he's already on.

Basically, in the next two years we need to become hands down one of the top 2 teams in the middling eastern conference.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Everyone keeps talking about drake and Vasquez and Vince and lieweke. Stop. One thing and one thing only will make Kevin Durant come here:

WINNING.

Thats it. Thats all. As in, we need conference finals or better in 2015. He need a to know that coming to toronto would make us a bona fide heavyweight contender. Hes not jumping ship to a team that would end up worse then the one he's already on.

Basically, in the next two years we need to become hands down one of the top 2 teams in the middling eastern conference.
        This * 10000000

Comment

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
          Wow, I'm starting to wonder how every thread turns into a DeRozan argument, pretty interesting.
          Anything is better than "To Tank or Not To Tank"
          #BringBackUzoh

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Hmm. Could the Raptors have cap room in 2016? I thought it was a long shot, but if they are really careful, starting this summer, it is a possibility, assuming DD opts out (and he almost certainly will).

Currently they have only Ross and JV on the books for that year, and then only cap holds (for a total of 20M), as they will be RFA's. Assuming Lowry re-signs for 4/48, GV and Patman re-sign for 5/25, and those contracts are valleyed around 2016, you're looking at 41M in committed salary. Add in 4 draft picks (2014, 2015, 2016 - assumed 20th all three years, NYK 2016 - assumed 10th overall) and cap holds and you are looking at a team salary of 48.8M. The cap in 2015 is projected at 66.5M, a 3.3M jump over the current projection for 2014. So assuming the same jump to the 2016 cap means the cap sits at 69.8M that year. Perhaps a bit optimistic, but the league growth has far outdone projections lately (originally the 2014 cap was projected at 61.0M, now it is going to be closer to 63.2M). That means 21M in cap room - just enough to fit a max offer for Durant.

Of course, this assumes we take on no salary beyond 2015-16 between now and then, besides the three free agents this summer. Which implies that Amir Johnson is let go in free agency next summer. Meaning that Durant would be coming here to join JV, Patterson, Ross, Vasquez and Lowry, plus several rookie scale guys. Is that a core that could attract him? I have to admit, he does fit nicely given the only position not filled there is SF.
            most definitely not. that sounds like a horrible position/lineup to join for someone whos gonna be 29 and is already in the midst of ring chasing for the past few years, let alone 2 years from now. i can't even see someone lesser on the scale like carmelo wanting to join that lineup, let alone KD.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

WINNING.

agreed. the whole "vince/raps were my fav when i was a fetus" crap argument is just stupid.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                do people seriously think we have a chance at landing Kevin Durant? I mean I don't want to be mean guys but I think we just assume that isn't happening
                Yep! You big jerk. :P

When you assume things, thead, you make an ass out of U and Me. Don't make an ass out of me.

Comment

Is it possible to keep a core of Lowry, DD, Ross, Patterson, JV, Vasquez, Carter, and possibly Johnson to attract KD? Ross, JV, Patterson, DD, Vasquez should improve a lot by then.

Also, the Eastern Conference is way easier than the West.

We have a big man right now, and more depth than Washington, more size than them too.

Would we have enough money to sign KD? Assuming Ross gets around 6M (if he plays to it?) And JV for 10-12M

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it's clear that GV wants so badly to be resigned he's pretty much at the point of making up stuff.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                      Is it possible to keep a core of Lowry, DD, Ross, Patterson, JV, Vasquez, Carter, and possibly Johnson to attract KD? Ross, JV, Patterson, DD, Vasquez should improve a lot by then.

We have a big man right now, and more depth than Washington, more size than them too.

Would we have enough money to sign KD? Assuming Ross gets around 6M (if he plays to it?) And JV for 10-12M

carter already said hes sticking with the mavs. and besides, by 2016 carter is going to be 40. how exactly is that a draw for KD. lowry will be 31. vasquez is a back up PG who will basically say anything to avoid going back to sacramento despite the fact hes said multiple times he liked it down there etc etc and then completely trashing them during the post-locker room clean out interview. any value ross has gained during the regular season has pretty much been wiped out by his pathetic playoff appearance. DD will probably (and will have to anyway to free up cap space) opt out in 2016 since he has a player option.

more size than washington? who do we have besides JV? and who actually got past the first round of the playoffs and could possibly even make it to the conference finals? certainly not us.

Comment

Yeah Washington is a much likelier option than us right now. First of all KD is FROM that area. Second of all they have 2 guys who are going to probably going to be perennial all-stars in Beal and Wall. They also only have Wall, Porter, Webster on the books for the 2016 offseason. Re-sign Beal, and depending on what kind of deal they can ink Gortat to this summer either let him or Nene go in 2016 to free up space.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          Yeah Washington is a much likelier option than us right now. First of all KD is FROM that area. Second of all they have 2 guys who are going to probably going to be perennial all-stars in Beal and Wall. They also only have Wall, Porter, Webster on the books for the 2016 offseason. Re-sign Beal, and depending on what kind of deal they can ink Gortat to this summer either let him or Nene go in 2016 to free up space.
                          We'll jonas could very well become the perennial Allstate he's depicted to be by then. Demar could probably improve by then to also be a perennial all star. We got greasy his buddy kyle and ross. I think both teams are equally likely in the Durante sweepstakes.
                          But we got drakeeeee who they got whale hahaha
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            We'll jonas could very well become the perennial Allstar he's depicted to be by then. Demar could probably improve by then to also be a perennial all star. We got greasy his buddy kyle and ross. I think both teams are equally likely in the Durante sweepstakes.

Bold:

We need Jonas to become a perennial Allstar if we're trying to lure a big FA such as KD
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                              We'll jonas could very well become the perennial Allstate he's depicted to be by then. Demar could probably improve by then to also be a perennial all star. We got greasy his buddy kyle and ross. I think both teams are equally likely in the Durante sweepstakes.
                              No they aren't equally likely at all.

Wizards have a MUCH better shot. It's not even just about all-stars. Beal and Wall are probably also going to be on the 2016 US Olympic team with Durant.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post

Re:Bold
                                Remember in 2 years were gonna get a much better Ross than the one we witnessed in the playoffs
                                Ross is surely gonna make more than 6mill once his rookie contract is up, I would say he would atleast get 8mill
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X