Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lowry walk (which he won't) which of these best available PG packages who you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Lowry walk (which he won't) which of these best available PG packages who you choose?

maybe its cause I've been a raps fan since 98 that Im jaded enough to start thinking about plan B if Lowry walks already...I know he won't but "Murphy's Law" and all...so out of these teams that is very public known are looking for move there "star" PG which would you guys think provides the least regress or most value?

Option 1: HOU- Jeremy Lin & Chandler Parsons
    we all know that Lin, Asik & Parsons are all being shopped right now..Parsons cause Hou will not be able to afford him & they want value back for him.

Option 2: Orl- Jameer Nelson & Arron Affalo
    Magic are in full rebuild & were trying hard to move Nelson & Affalo at the deadline..

Option 3: Bos- Rondo & Wallace
    Obviously if the Celtics land KLove, Rondo is going nowhere but if not...he's likely getting shipped out along with Wallace.

Personally although Rondo is clearly the best player involved and true superstar...Lin/Parson is the better overall combo I would go after...feel free to throw out other combos as long as its players actually known to be on the market & based around or involve a starter quality PG
    Last edited by RepTdot; Tue May 20, 2014, 01:02 PM.

3, 1, 2.

Comment

I want none of those things. I want to ship DD out for the best return we can get and get ready for 2015 tankapalooza.

I hear there are some awesome prospects around next year. We want to get those 2015 draft picks before they're all sold out.

edit: would CLE trade their 2015 first for DD and then fail miserably to make a Waiters, Kyrie, DD backcourt work?
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
        I want none of those things. I want to ship DD out for the best return we can get and get ready for 2015 tankapalooza.

I hear there are some awesome prospects around next year. We want to get those 2015 draft picks before they're all sold out.

edit: would CLE trade their 2015 first for DD and then fail miserably to make a Waiters, Kyrie, DD backcourt work?
        ahh i think after this season, I'd go ape shit crazy if we went back to tanking...we've suffered too long to go backwards again. DD to Cle would likely mean Waiters is given to us cause he wants out anyway...

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
          ahh i think after this season, I'd go ape shit crazy if we went back to tanking...we've suffered too long to go backwards again. DD to Cle would likely mean Waiters is given to us cause he wants out anyway...
          I don't want it either, but if we lose Lowry, there really isn't any other viable option. I want to build for the future, and that means leaving the past behind. We take the most likely path to success, regardless of what's happened before.
          "Bruno?
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

No Lowry, no team. Agree with the tank mentality. Priority 1, 2 and 3 has to be re-signing Lowry or the reset button has to be hit.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If he does not sign with us then we are screwed and also missed on one of biggest drafts of the decade

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                No Lowry, no team. Agree with the tank mentality. Priority 1, 2 and 3 has to be re-signing Lowry or the reset button has to be hit.
                you guys really think none of these options out there would substitute for Lowry without having to go tank mode again?

Comment

you guys really think none of these options out there would substitute for Lowry without having to go tank mode again?
                  No, Lowry brings too much to the table. Rondo was the only guy who could MAYBE replace him, but I've got my questions about his knees, attitude problems and contract situation.

This team was in a precarious situation before this season too. How well we did was a great surprise but I think a lot of it hinged on Lowry finding himself as a player and as a leader. I think if you take him away, we're back where we were with Rudy Gay, a 6-12 team that's a trade away from being at the bottom of the lottery.
                  "Bruno?
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

It's hard to say, especially since we have no idea what the price would be for any of those options.

If Lowry walks for nothing, then this season was a wasted rebuild opportunity (ie: trading Lowry and better draft positioning, let alone what other assets could have been cashed-in for future value return) and I hope a short-term/Band-Aid/BC-style fix isn't applied in wake of an unexpected playoff appearance. I hope MU would stay the course and build for the future, even if that means taking a step backward in the present.

I would also hope that there are more and better options available, beyond just the 3 presented in the OP.

Comment

I'm an Ennis fan boy.. so I hope some how MU is able to trade up and draft him. So they have insurance either way.

GV's a pretty good PG (not great, but better than average). So if Lowry does walk or if he's asking for too much (anything north of $11M is too much in my opinion) than it would hurt, but it's not going to be the end of the world.

Comment

Plus, I'd add, even going forwards with this core, we've barely got enough of a shot at becoming a contender to not consider rebuilding.

If you remove one of the most important pieces, the choice becomes really easy.
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                          Plus, I'd add, even going forwards with this core, we've barely got enough of a shot at becoming a contender to not consider rebuilding.

If you remove one of the most important pieces, the choice becomes really easy.
                          Very True. I said it before and I will say it again till MU prove me wrong ... MU has not shown that he can build a contender or a team that can really compete in the high level. He is good at moving big contracts for few smaller ones and role players but taking that team to next level has been missing from his resume.

Comment

If Lowry walks he'll be the ACC's new #1 enemy

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

If Lowry walks, then Vasquez and De Colo will do fine. I'll take those two at less than what Lowry will cost, over the opportunity to grossly over-pay Lin and the option to chew up a ton of cap space for a resigned Parsons. Nelson and Afflalo...no thanks please. Rondo and Wallace, again another massively over paid player involved. If you have an expiring player, then you are better off letting him go then acquiring cap baggage via sign and trade IMO. And if you are talking of trading other assets to pick up that package in Lowry's absence, then I have even less interest.

Without Lowry, and with Vasquez and De Colo at point, this team will still make the playoffs next year and still retain the cap flexibility needed to really go after a game changing talent. And no, I do not think that the absense of Lowry would deter a good free agent from coming to TO.

Comment

Working...
                              X