No announcement yet.

Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woj has been stating that Houston has a deal in place to move Lin if they need to do so; I suspect that Masai's backup plan if Lowry leaves. Take Lin, maybe get an extra asset out of Houston since they'll be desperate to move him at that point.

Comment

• If Lowry bails it only adds to the American perception that the Raptors are the greatest D League team of all time.

Comment

• oh hey Wade opted out who called that again?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'm actually surprised both he and Bosh are opting out. Think James must've really pressured them hard.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I'm actually surprised both he and Bosh are opting out. Think James must've really pressured them hard.
            THis is a surprise that they both opted out. Now they have to get deals in place. This smacks yet again of collusion.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Just watched the espn review of bosh and wade opting out. So what's the next move? Kyle Lowry! Not surprising but there are a hundred fr%^%}'n players in the league right now and the mightiest three are all going to conspire to get the one lone raptor target?! In Masai we trust....in Masai we trust....in Masai we trust. (Hope this works)

Comment

• Guessing Heat make it a point to get the best depth/role players money can buy rather than sign a Melo or whatever.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  Guessing Heat make it a point to get the best depth/role players money can buy rather than sign a Melo or whatever.
                  The Heat as funny as it sounds need a lot of help. Outside of the 3 musketeers they have an aging SF/PF in Haslam and an aging centre in the Birdman. After that they dont have much. Both Wade and Bosh will want to make back their 40M so you might see them sign up for 3 years at 52 for Wade and the same or slightly better for Bosh. Riley is astute at bending the rules so he will likely try to sign Lowry first and use Bird rights on the musketeers.
                  The flaw in the plan is that the owner Mickey Arison will have to agree to choke down a lot of repeater tax money to make this happen.
                  So you have Wade + Lebron + Bosh in at say 17-18 $M each. Kyle at 10M to 11 IF he goes. Haslam + Cole + Birdman + Shabbaz at 9 in total. Thats 73M and you have 8 guys. If they sign 7 more guys each at a M that puts them right at the tax line. But you get what you pay for. Is that lineup enough to get the heat by the spurs or OKC or the clips next year ? Maybe or maybe not. It just doesn't make the Heat unbeatable next year. I think the CBA expressly forbids teams to be over the cap for more than 3 years. It then becomes a hard cap and that means everyone signing up goes on one year deals. Going to be hard to make this happen.
                  - TGO

Comment

• you can't sign new players and then use bird rights to sign your own players.

ufas have cap holds if you hold their bird rights until you either resign them to a new contract or renounce their rights.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      The Heat as funny as it sounds need a lot of help. Outside of the 3 musketeers they have an aging SF/PF in Haslam and an aging centre in the Birdman. After that they dont have much. Both Wade and Bosh will want to make back their 40M so you might see them sign up for 3 years at 52 for Wade and the same or slightly better for Bosh. Riley is astute at bending the rules so he will likely try to sign Lowry first and use Bird rights on the musketeers.
                      The flaw in the plan is that the owner Mickey Arison will have to agree to choke down a lot of repeater tax money to make this happen.
                      So you have Wade + Lebron + Bosh in at say 17-18 $M each. Kyle at 10M to 11 IF he goes. Haslam + Cole + Birdman + Shabbaz at 9 in total. Thats 73M and you have 8 guys. If they sign 7 more guys each at a M that puts them right at the tax line. But you get what you pay for. Is that lineup enough to get the heat by the spurs or OKC or the clips next year ? Maybe or maybe not. It just doesn't make the Heat unbeatable next year. I think the CBA expressly forbids teams to be over the cap for more than 3 years. It then becomes a hard cap and that means everyone signing up goes on one year deals. Going to be hard to make this happen.
                      doubt birdman and haslem are back
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

doubt birdman and haslem are back
                        Oh they'll be back. Just on longer term deals. These guys are all represented by the same agent. As I whined earlier - collusion. Still they gotta convince the owner to pay the luxury tax to keep lebron. He will cave and pay the tax to keep Lebron.
                        Still hard to say if Kyle goes or the other super friend Anthony goes.
                        - TGO

Comment

• they didn't even play last year, why would they be back? Haslem... maybe. He's always been a good soldier.

i'm telling you, Riley's going to get a deep, strong bench. The finals showed him how important it is to be deep these days, regardless of how old your superstars are.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Heat as of now have the following on the books (gonna ignore cap holds, because LBJ, Wade, Bosh are gonna sign new deals and the rest will get renounced). Also assuming they don't pick up Justin Hamilton's team option. Birdman already opted out I believe.

Norris Cole: 2.15M
                            Shabazz Napier: ~1M
                            Roster Charge (10 open spots): 5M

New Cap projected at about 63M. So that leaves the Heat with 55M to spend.

If Wade and Bosh take like a combined 25M starting salary, and LBJ like 20M, that leaves them 10M cap room. I don't think Melo is possible unless they let one of them go, but Lowry certainly is. Although they wouldn't really be able to create a bench.

Overall I'm not really that concerned.

Comment

they didn't even play last year, why would they be back? Haslem... maybe. He's always been a good soldier.
                              He comes back because he is 34 and this is his last good deal. He has the Players Option. He will take less this year for a guarantee for next year thats a total of about 8M. Its just good business on Haslem and Birdmans part.

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                              If Wade and Bosh take like a combined 25M starting salary, and LBJ like 20M, that leaves them 10M cap room. I don't think Melo is possible unless they let one of them go, but Lowry certainly is. Although they wouldn't really be able to create a bench.
                              If they opted out its to create some money for a bench and maybe a PG. They might just cast thier lot with Cole and Shabaaz.
                              - TGO

Comment

• I suspect Bosh/Wade/Lebron to take $45M of the at $55M in cap.. they will then get ring chasers to fill out their bench.

Guys like Gasol, Pierce, Marion, Livingston, Vince, Blatche, Stuckey, Granger, Humphries, Marvin Williams etc.

If 3/4 of these guys take like $2-$3M contracts than the Heat could easily fill out their bench and become contenders again. No need for them to spend that money on one guy like Kyle Lowry.

Comment

Working...
                                X