No announcement yet.

Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has everyone seen the news that Lebron wants a max contract, and apparently isn't taking a pay cut. This is great for us, as it severely limits the Heat's ability to make a good offer to Lowry.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...itial-Meetings

Comment

• For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Woohoo!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          I just hope this 'aggressive bid' will be financially healthy for us. No more overpaid players please!
          It depends....we aren't over paying for a less than mediocre role player, if we over pay we are at least paying for one of the top win producers in the league.

I'm perfectly ok with that

Comment

• Lebron wants max: Lowry ain't going to Miami

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...maximum-salary

According to espn, Lebron is insisting on being paid max money, regardless of where he goes. Max money for him is 20.5 million. That leaves only 35.5 million for them to re-sign Bosh, Wade and Haslem, plus make an offer to Lowry. That makes it very unlikely they'll be able to make a competitive offer for Lowry. They can't even offer both Bosh and Wade the max as is.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              It depends....we aren't over paying for a less than mediocre role player, if we over pay we are at least paying for one of the top win producers in the league.

I'm perfectly ok with that
              Age, potential contract year, and history of injury are all concerns going forward. Tying up north of $12M a year to a player like that can be dangerous no matter how good they are.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Age, potential contract year, and history of injury are all concerns going forward. Tying up north of $12M a year to a player like that can be dangerous no matter how good they are.
                Risk - Reward. I'll take the slight risk Lowry regresses for the huge reward if he keeps up this level of play. Injury is a minor concern with our strength and conditioning staff.

Comment

• That is, they can't offer wade and bosh the max and still have any cap space. They can still resign them at the max using their bird rights.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    Risk - Reward. I'll take the slight risk Lowry regresses for the huge reward if he keeps up this level of play. Injury is a minor concern with our strength and conditioning staff.
                    No matter how good our staff is.. Injuries are scary and always a concern. Especially for point guards.. their workload is crazy in the NBA.

---

Comment

• malefax wrote: View Post
                      That is, they can't offer wade and bosh the max and still have any cap space. They can still resign them at the max using their bird rights.
                      Grange is reporting that deal is done between Raps and Lowry, so F Miami!

P.S. No official offer because free agency starts at midnight

Comment

• Just heard Lowry is finalizing a deal to sign with us on Twitter anyone can confirm?
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Just heard Lowry is finalizing a deal to sign with us on Twitter anyone can confirm?
                          Grange said it on radio

Comment

• Comment

• thead wrote: View Post

Hope Sid is right and this isn't a premature tweet. If he is then the offseason will have been quite a success.
                              We have returned the core or have the means to (Amir / PPat / GV)
                              Added some bench scoring depth in Lou Williams.
                              Added two draft picks with that oh so trendy phrase "upside" in Bruno and Bebe.
                              Added a second rounder with a chance to stick in Daniels.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                I predict if Lowry resigns here then Vasquez is gone. We just extended him a QO as insurance in case Lowry leaves, we have a capable starter to bring back. de Colo and Lou Williams can man the backup PG duties no matter which stater we retain.
                                Vasquez just got off the FAN 590 and plans to stay in Toronto, if Toronto wants him. He's apparently involved with the Toronto Pan Am Games as some sort of ambassador. My guess is de Colo is the odd man out? They probably also ask Daniels to go to Europe for a year, and Stone (probably Buycks) HAS to be gone, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X