Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    I enjoy this team and the players on it that's why I watch. I don't watch for us to win a championship because I know the likelihood of that happening is very low. I'm just being real. At this point Houston is much closer to winning a championship than us and that's what Kyle said he wanted. Also Kyle likes Houston he's always said that. It was just whole mchale thing that messed him up, but he seems to be over that now. They also can pay him close to what we would be paying him. I want him to stay because I know how much our team needs him but based off of what I'm hearing and seeing I feel Kyle chooses Houston. That's not me having a defeatist attitude. That's just my opinion and I hope I'm wrong.
    Your opinion is fine. The defeatist attitude I was referring to was you saying that Houston is closer to winning a title than "we will ever be". So we're just never going to be a contender ever?

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      I enjoy this team and the players on it that's why I watch. I don't watch for us to win a championship because I know the likelihood of that happening is very low. I'm just being real. At this point Houston is much closer to winning a championship than us and that's what Kyle said he wanted. Also Kyle likes Houston he's always said that. It was just whole mchale thing that messed him up, but he seems to be over that now. They also can pay him close to what we would be paying him. I want him to stay because I know how much our team needs him but based off of what I'm hearing and seeing I feel Kyle chooses Houston. That's not me having a defeatist attitude. That's just my opinion and I hope I'm wrong.
      What exactly is your motive for following the raptors. It feels like your content with being a treadmill team. Go follow atlanta or something. When you say that toronto is nevrr winnong the championship is a defeatd attitude. The only reason you follow a sports team is to evuually win it all. Like wtf

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        What exactly is your motive for following the raptors. It feels like your content with being a treadmill team. Go follow atlanta or something. When you say that toronto is nevrr winnong the championship is a defeatd attitude. The only reason you follow a sports team is to evuually win it all. Like wtf

Excuse me for interupting your back and forth....

the highlighted sounds a lot like "Heat fans"

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
          Your opinion is fine. The defeatist attitude I was referring to was you saying that Houston is closer to winning a title than "we will ever be". So we're just never going to be a contender ever?
          Okay you're right I probably shouldn't have said it like that. I do hope that one day we become contenders and actually win a championship obviously. But for me to sit here and say that's the only reason I follow this team would be a lie because each any every year I follow the raptors and root for them even when I know going into the season we aren't a contender. Right now Houston is a better option for Kyle based of what he said he values maybe in the future we will be. Who knows.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            Excuse me for interupting your back and forth....

the highlighted sounds a lot like "Heat fans"
            You callin me a bandwagoner hahah

Naw man its on the back of everyones mind that hopefully their favorite thing in the world actually succeeds. Im sure your thinking about it rihht now, just sick of all the losing seasons

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Then they don't want Lowry. That's the market.

Idk what people want/are expecting. We're talking about an all-star caliber 2-way PG in his prime here. He's going to come at a big price tag. You can't just set some arbitrary price that you'd feel comfortable paying him.
              A) He's not an all-star and he's had 1 year of close to all-star numbers... in a contract year
              B) Don't you find it interesting that he came into this season in the best shape of his career, and a whole new attitude

Mike Conley, Jeff Teague are comparable players who are payed around 8-9M

Rondo and Parker ar 12-13M

9-10M is where Lowry should be
              Last edited by saints91; Tue Jul 1, 2014, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Lowry won't sign for 8 mill if someone like Meeks is making 6 mill
                A horrible contract!

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                  A) He's not an all-star and he's had 1 year of close to all-star numbers... in a contract year
                  B) Don't you find it interesting that he came into this season in the best shape of his career, and a whole new attitude

Mike Conley, Jeff Teague are comparable players who are payed under 8-9

You are 100% right and Lowry should be 9-10 but for coming to Toronto, he wants more.

Comment

• One thing about Houston is that they probably have a harder chance to contend than Toronto because of the conference they are in. In the west, Houston has to compete against San Antonio, LAC, OKC, Portland, Golden State, Dallas and the Lakers might start looking good again with all their cap space.

We all know about the Eastern conference.. Miami is the only true contender and they are vulnerable. Chicago might be the next big threat.. but they have a cheap owner and a PG that can't stay healthy.

Comment

• So does anyone know when Lowry is gonna make his decision?
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        So does anyone know when Lowry is gonna make his decision?
                        Lowry knows
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Why do people think Houston is closer? Harden does not play defense. Amir is better than anything they have at PF. If Parsons goes they are in trouble. They play in the west-- in the same division as Dallas and San Antonio.

The Raps play in the weakest division, in the weaker conference. Nets are old and dysfunctional, Heat have no bench, Pacers are dysfunctional. The Raps have one of the younger starting lineups in the league -- meaning they have space to grow. A solid starting 5, and arguably a deeper bench than Houston if they can keep 2Pat and GV. The Raps were one of the few east teams with a winning record against the west last season. Honestly, who do you think has a more direct path to a Finals?

If Lowry chooses Houston over Toronto that will not be the deciding factor, if he properly assesses the situation.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                            Why do people think Houston is closer? Harden does not play defense. Amir is better than anything they have at PF. If Parsons goes they are in trouble. They play in the west-- in the same division as Dallas and San Antonio.
                            Best centre in the game
                            Arguably best SG in the game
                            A deep young bench

Talent wise Houston is top 5 in the entire league.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

Mike Conley, Jeff Teague are comparable players who are payed under 8-9

Lowry is actually better than Tony Parker. He was better than him in virtually every single statistical metric last year, and is a vastly superior defensive player. Players on championship teams always get overrated though.

Comment

Lowry is actually better than Tony Parker. He was better than him in virtually every single statistical metric last year, and is a vastly superior defensive player. Players on championship teams always get overrated though.
                                Statistically, maybe. Everything else, not even close.

Comment

Working...
                                X