Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Hey I just noticed Doug Smith has Lowry at 4 years/$44 mil.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...yle_lowry.html

Is he wrong?
    who do you trust the most? woj or doug?

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      it's too late to change my name now lol
      I always assumed you where named after the HTML tag.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/.../Element/thead

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        Doug Smith should be ignored.
        rocwell wrote: View Post
        Woj, obvs.

If Smith can't get the figures correct for the biggest signing in recent memory by the FREAKING TEAM THAT HE COVERS, that would be pretty hilarious (and maybe a good indication that it's time to retire).
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          so word is Indy wants Dragic
          Suns want project Pat
          We want Ennis

wonder if there's a way we can work some kind of 3 way trade out. stupid trade machine isn't set up to work yet.
          I was just floating this idea on the "resign Ppat thread". I'd think the suns would hold on to ennis if they give up dragic but there are some moving parts there.

Comment

• Dragic is arguably the best player on the Suns and he's on one of the best value contracts in the NBA. This is just the Pacers grasping at straws as their team has not gotten any better this offseason. Sounds like a Ric Bucher report.

Comment

• Great news!!! Pretty much what I expected, but my guess was $11M/yr for 5. Just a tad more per year but 1 less year. Great stuff! Now MU knows what he has to work with in managing other targets.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                Hey I just noticed Doug Smith has Lowry at 4 years/$44 mil.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...yle_lowry.html

Is he wrong?
                That dude rarely quotes numbers without certainty, and since everybody else in the industry is doing nothing but quoting woj's late night "according to sources", and like it or not, Smith does have legit sources within the Raptor's organization, I wouldn't bet against him.

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                Doug Smith should be ignored.
                hahaha, another Doug Smith butt-hurt person? I used to see plenty of mouthy kids getting sassed backed over there.

rocwell wrote: View Post
                If it's about specifics about yet unsigned Raptors' deals? hmmmm, I'd at least consider the possibility that the local guy who has his tentacles into this specific team, and goes against the grain of all the parrots out there, is right. We'll see when the deal is official.

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                Woj, obvs.

If Smith can't get the figures correct for the biggest signing in recent memory by the FREAKING TEAM THAT HE COVERS, that would be pretty hilarious (and maybe a good indication that it's time to retire).
                We'll see when it's official. I'm guessing it's a typo, or he has legit inside info.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                  That dude rarely quotes numbers without certainty, and since everybody else in the industry is doing nothing but quoting woj's late night "according to sources", and like it or not, Smith does have legit sources within the Raptor's organization, I wouldn't bet against him.

hahaha, another Doug Smith butt-hurt person? I used to see plenty of mouthy kids getting sassed backed over there.

If it's about specifics about yet unsigned Raptors' deals? hmmmm, I'd at least consider the possibility that the local guy who has his tentacles into this specific team, and goes against the grain of all the parrots out there, is right. We'll see when the deal is official.

We'll see when it's official. I'm guessing it's a typo, or he has legit inside info.
                  Doug Smith's article posted this morning has the correct numbers. 4 years $48 million.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/doug_s...nd_player.html

So yeah, Smith fucked up again.

Comment

• Does Smith even give a shit anymore?
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Doug Smith's article posted this morning has the correct numbers. 4 years $48 million.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/doug_s...nd_player.html

So yeah, Smith fucked up again.
                      Not really. Just went and checked the facts. Smith got it right in his blog. The article that he wrote, where someone else (the way the industry works) writes the headline and the brief blurb that follows, that shows prior to writing attributed Doug Smith, says 4 year, $44M contract. Not his writing, so the gleeful Doug Smith butt hurt people need to chill and stop embarrassing themselves, imo.

Comment

Not really. Just went and checked the facts. Smith got it right in his blog. The article that he wrote, where someone else (the way the industry works) writes the headline and the brief blurb that follows, that shows prior to writing attributed Doug Smith, says 4 year, $44M contract. Not his writing, so the gleeful Doug Smith butt hurt people need to chill and stop embarrassing themselves, imo.
                        So the doug smith defense is that we can't expect him to be responsible for all the content in his articles. Just stuff on his blog?

Either way, the deal is 4 years $48M as reported by Woj. In Woj I trust.

Comment

• It's sad when a beat-reporter cannot receive news quicker than someone who lives a good 500 miles away. It shows how connected you are.. especially when your employer and the Raptors are owned by the same company.
                          Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

I guess one man's "justifiably critical of the way someone practices their craft" is another man's "butt hurt". To each their own.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              So the doug smith defense is that we can't expect him to be responsible for all the content in his articles. Just stuff on his blog?

Either way, the deal is 4 years $48M as reported by Woj. In Woj I trust.
                              Not trying to defend Smith. Just stating facts about how the business in run these days. If you can't fathom that a writer doesn't write the headline, which takes place after the reporter writes the article, which is what he is responsible for, then carry on bellyaching about a writer that doesn't give a shit what you think. I'm not saying you're one, but many seem to have a "boohoo, my feelings were hurt when he brushed my mouthy ass off" problem they need help for..

Comment

• Guys, how about that Kyle Lowry, huh? (hint, hint)

Comment

Working...
                                X