No announcement yet.

Quick Informal Poll... Whose Injury will hurt the Raps the most - Serge or Kyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Informal Poll... Whose Injury will hurt the Raps the most - Serge or Kyle

Kyle being out is always a loss .. but Freddy has and can back up him up.
    We are painfully thin on bigs... and this is going to exacerbate that.

Serge
    21.74%
    Kyle
    78.26%

The poll is expired.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Serge is the obvious one but its not a death sentence scenario IMO. This could be a blessing in disguise to get Gasol back on track and allow Boucher the trial & error time to blossom as an impactful player.

My biggest fear would have been losing OG. His ability to do small things that lead to defensive stops is irreplaceable. Knock wood he can stay healthy.

Comment

Serge's because that looks to be a more serious injury then Lowry's. The fact that both will be out for a bit sucks though, because the 2 of them specifically have a synergistic effect. The Lowry-Ibaka pnr is an established go-to offensive option, and not having that will allow defences to put more attention on Pascal & OG, so we're gonna lose some games that would be totally winnable otherwise. The silver lining though is that it will force Nurse's hand to play some of the new guys more often, and accelerate their development a bit (particularly Thomas & Davis). This might also give Hernandez an opportunity that he wouldn't otherwise have.

Comment

Kyle's absence will hurt far more. Serge is a loss no doubt, the Kyle's impact on the team is pretty noticeable every game. I understand the drop off from Serge to Boucher or Hernandez versus Kyle to Fred or Davis. But Kyle is still our engine. Serge is essentially a 6th man.

Comment

yeah i voted serge. klye's presence on the court is a lot more important to the success of the team, but i'm guessing serge is out for something like 4-6 weeks vs only a couple for kyle

Comment

Lowry still drives this team, without him they are in the bottom third of the league. Rotation going to be interesting, Id guess you unleash point-Siakam with bench units, so maybe that works.

Comment

Kyle.

I don't trust Fred to run the show by himself for an entire game.

Comment

What sucks is that a Paul George-less Clippers team can still be top 2 in the league while the Raps without Kyle for any length of time would be disastrous

Comment

Kyle for sure. I tend to think that kyle is one of the most underrated, if not the most underrated players in the league. And we have no backup PG. Gonna be very tough to win without kyles shooting, aggressiveness, IQ, amd fantastic PnR play. Fred, although pretty good, cant do what kyle does on a regular basis.

Comment

I'm astonished there is any split at all on this question. The answer is Lowry far and away, 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I went Kyle but the Raps are so thin up front now that I get the people buying Serge.

Comment

Wonder if we'll see some Siakam at C. Plenty of matchups where that would be fine - though probably not the Lakers.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          I'm astonished there is any split at all on this question. The answer is Lowry far and away, 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.
                          assuming it's the same number of games

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

assuming it's the same number of games
                            Do we have any firm information on timeline for either? Lowry could end up out longer than Serge for all we know.

Frankly, though, if Serge missed the rest of the season, the Raptors could adapt and survive. But any stretch of games without Lowry will be a real test.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lowry is just being reevaluated in 2 weeks... he could be out much longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X