X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i like jordan hill but wow
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• also, mega lols @ the heat, not so much for losing lebron, but handing Bosh that contract. good gravy.

i imagine they found Riley with cocaine caked all over his face after the lebron news
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i'd laugh at the rockets but they needed to get rid of lin anyways. i guess this does mean they're going to give parson that stupid contract though.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Vince Carter going to the Grizzlies. 3 years, $12 million.

Too long of a deal I think, he's already very old.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
            Vince Carter going to the Grizzlies. 3 years, $12 million.

So he retires at 41? Wow.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
              You live in the states and are a Raptors fan? That's awesome.
              Born in Sarnia, Ontario. Moved to the states when I was 6, but my Dad and most of my family still live in Canada, so I'm up there in the summer every year. Went to a ton of Blue Jays games as a kid. Never seen the Raps in TDot. I plan on making it up there for our ECF victory next year.

Comment

Probably won't play it out, but maybe he was being offered 2 years/Full MLE money by some teams. So this way, the Grizz space it out over 3 years. If Carter retires after 2, it's like paying 2 years/6M per (just over MLE).

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  Who in there right minds gives Jordan Hill, a Demar sized contract?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! This offseason marks a new era in contract sizes. Consider our free agents signed early as the biggest relief ever. Vasquez took the longest, and was overpaid the most. The players are waking up to new contract expectations.
                  Masai looking like even more of a badass for locking up our guys early before prices went through the roof. Even his James Johnson signing looks like a hell of a bargain by comparison.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Probably won't play it out, but maybe he was being offered 2 years/Full MLE money by some teams. So this way, the Grizz space it out over 3 years. If Carter retires after 2, it's like paying 2 years/6M per (just over MLE).
                    Carter wouldn't have signed a 3 year deal if he didn't plan on playing 3 years. Also, retirement doesn't stop a team from having to pay the player or the salary counting against the cap, unless a severe injury caused the retirement and the player played less than 10 games the season prior.

EDIT: Sorry, looks like I read your post wrong. Seems we're in agreement that Memphis will have to pay the whole deal and it counts against the cap the whole time. It just spreads out his cap hit over an extra year if he retires after 2.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Carter wouldn't have signed a 3 year deal if he didn't plan on playing 3 years. Also, retirement doesn't stop a team from having to pay the player or the salary counting against the cap, unless a severe injury caused the retirement and the player played less than 10 games the season prior.
                      I know retirement doesn't exempt salary...that's the point. Maybe Memphis would prefer to space 12M over 3 years instead of 2. Maybe Carter says to them he can see himself playing 3 years...But I don't think Carter can guarantee that at this age, where he might have to decide year to year.

Comment

yep and on Memphis he will be asked to play more defence, and Vince will be like "man i'm 38 years old im too old for this sh1t"

I am also guessing that they could have payed James Johnson what he wanted to keep him but since he got snubbed late last season he choose the Raptors.

Comment

• thank god the vince carter talk will end
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            Born in Sarnia, Ontario. Moved to the states when I was 6, but my Dad and most of my family still live in Canada, so I'm up there in the summer every year. Went to a ton of Blue Jays games as a kid. Never seen the Raps in TDot. I plan on making it up there for our ECF victory next year.
                            Wicked, glad to have ya as a fan. Knowledgeable one too.

Wow Vince... Everyone told you the restaurant business was cut throat and has razor thin margins. But eschewing Toronto for Memphis and extra doh is a bitter pill.
                            Last edited by Raptor Jesus; Sat Jul 12, 2014, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• I think VC's contract is only partially guaranteed for the 3rd year. No source, heard it watching summer league last night so I don't know if it's true or for what amount.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                I think VC's contract is only partially guaranteed for the 3rd year. No source, heard it watching summer league last night so I don't know if it's true or for what amount.
                                $2M guaranteed in year 3

Comment

Working...
                                X