Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vasquez 4 years 22
    2Pat 4 years 26

I've been saying it for a while. (just want the bragging rights)
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      Vasquez 4 years 22
      2Pat 4 years 26

It's worth mentioning that at this point, there has been no rumour about either player in connection to any teams (not even Toronto, but that's kinda normal for RFA role players). So we'll see what happens

Comment

• Vasquez QO or Walk
        2Pat 3@18 - last year partially guaranteed

Comment

Vasquez 4 years 22
          2Pat 4 years 26

Let's hope you're right and they agree to that
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            Let's hope you're right and they agree to that
            I hope that's not right, especially the years. 3 years should be good for both. Remember these guys are role players. Even with some of the crazy deals going around, not a lot of role players getting 4 year deals.

Comment

• I will throw up if thead's predictions are correct.

Comment

• Patterson is an unknown as of right now because we've heard nothing from him. I'd be fine with 6M per season though.

But guys, Greivis went on a radio station and said he's happy with his QO but he wants more years. Again, he was happy with 3.2M.....
                3 years 12M should sign him EASY

Comment

Remember when Sam Shipley said the raptors had traded for Igoudala and he lost all credibility? Not saying this won't happen I just wouldn't believe anything only Sam Shipley says.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I hope that's not right, especially the years. 3 years should be good for both. Remember these guys are role players. Even with some of the crazy deals going around, not a lot of role players getting 4 year deals.
                    Oh shit I didn't really look at the years. 3 years is definitely more reasonable. I was more looking at the money per year. I think 5.5 mill and 6.5 mill can get it done but would we have that kind of money to spend after resigning Lowry? *finger crossed*
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      Oh shit I didn't really look at the years. 3 years is definitely more reasonable. I was more looking at the money per year. I think 5.5 mill and 6.5 mill can get it done but would we have that kind of money to spend after resigning Lowry? *finger crossed*
                      We don't need the money. THey're RFAs and we have their bird rights. We can go over the cap to re-sign them. It's not a problem.

I don't think Vasquez gets 5.5M. That's high. THat's slightly more than what Livingston just signed for and he plays D. As Bonus Jonas mentioned, Vasquez has said he's ok with the QO amount, just wants more years. That would mean at least 3 years, 10M...maybe as high as 12M....and that should get it done.

Pat is way tougher to gauge. He's a stretch PF who plays D....but he's still a role player, so yeah, not easy to predict. Hoping somewhere between 5 and 6 M per year would get it done, but no clue if it would.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        We don't need the money. THey're RFAs and we have their bird rights. We can go over the cap to re-sign them. It's not a problem.

I don't think Vasquez gets 5.5M. That's high. THat's slightly more than what Livingston just signed for and he plays D. As Bonus Jonas mentioned, Vasquez has said he's ok with the QO amount, just wants more years. That would mean at least 3 years, 10M...maybe as high as 12M....and that should get it done.

Pat is way tougher to gauge. He's a stretch PF who plays D....but he's still a role player, so yeah, not easy to predict. Hoping somewhere between 5 and 6 M per year would get it done, but no clue if it would.
                        It's not the salary cap that's worrisome it's luxury tax. I believe the math was about $23M to fit Lowry, GV, Patterson and a MLE before they hit the luxury tax wall. If Lowry signs for less, they have more money to give to GV or Patterson.

MLSE can afford the tax, but there is a repeater penalty if you are in the tax 3 out of 4 years. We need to avoid the tax this year since we aren't contending and so it's not something we'd have to worry about 3 or 4 years from now.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          I will throw up if thead's predictions are correct.
                          please film and then post as a vine
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Still hoping Aminu falls through the cracks. Very little mention of him at all in free agency. Think I saw Dallas had contacted him, but I'm sure he's a backup plan for them if they don't get Carter and Marion back. They also have Crowder under contract and they like him. And they have rumoured interest in guys like Melo and Deng. Think if the money is the same, he could come to Toronto and play actual backup SF minutes rather than go to Dallas to play 3rd string minutes.

Of course Toronto has not been connected to him either. But with Ujiri you never know, and there is that Nigerian connection.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I believe the math was about $23M to fit Lowry, GV, Patterson and a MLE before they hit the luxury tax wall.
                              25.3M but yeah you're right about everything else.

Comment

Vasquez 4 years 22
                                2Pat 4 years 26

Why would anyone pay 2Pat that kind of money !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X