No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although, in fairness, salary inflation through free agency is inevitable as owners' revenues increase (as DanH pointed out). And at least the NBA GMs waited a year before blowing their brains out with bad deals unlike after the old MLB where the owners went back to spending like drunken sailors the day after the lockout ended.

Comment

• dzoni71 wrote: View Post
      They actually made a pitch for Anthony with a billboard of him in a Rocket uniform with Lin's jersey number. Wow! If I am an NBA player and have my choice, I am staying away from Houston at all costs. Hell, Milwaukee now seems like paradise compared to Houston's disrespectful organization.
      meanwhile in chicago:

Comment

• Anyone else checking out Joel Embiid's Twitter pitch of Philly to LBJ? This kid has some serious humor.

Last edited by blackjitsu; Thu Jul 3, 2014, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Anyone else checking out Joel Embiid's Twitter pitch of Philly to LBJ? This kid has some serious humor.

This is gold LOL

As for Orlando and the Gordon signing, had Orlando hit the cap floor yet? If I'm not mistaken they overpaid Maxiell last year in order to hit the floor

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            Anyone else checking out Joel Embiid's Twitter pitch of Philly to LBJ? This kid has some serious humor.

He is seriously awesome.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              Magic apparently going after Patrick Patterson as well

"David Baumann: Source: The @Orlando Magic courting RFA Patrick Patterson as a potential starting PF. He's in ORL now."
              I'm a little worried about this only because if they would overspend for Ben Gordon they will definitely overspend for PPatt
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                I'm a little worried about this only because if they would overspend for Ben Gordon they will definitely overspend for PPatt
                Yeah, before all the hype started with all the teams going after Lowry, 2pat was my biggest worry. I could def see him leaving and he is one of the most important pieces on this team imo.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, before all the hype started with all the teams going after Lowry, 2pat was my biggest worry. I could def see him leaving and he is one of the most important pieces on this team imo.
                  Couldn't agree more. He is very important to this team. I'm just shocked he would go to a rebuilding situation just to become a starter. He seemed like a guy that cared more about winning than anything else.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. He is very important to this team. I'm just shocked he would go to a rebuilding situation just to become a starter. He seemed like a guy that cared more about winning than anything else.
                    I hear ya. Though he says the right things, I still get the feeling he wants to prove himself as a starter and who knows, he may also want money. Also, I dunno why but I also get the feeling he would rather be in the US. I may be reading way too much into it but I recall a few diff tweets of his in the past complaining about Canadian things. At least a couple of the tweets were about TV up here I think.

Comment

What if Orlando offers him a 4 year $32M deal like what Avery Bradley got? If you're Patterson you gotta sign it and hope the Raptors match.
                      Fortunately I don't see Orlando making a long term offer. They'll probably stick with a 2 year deal and I'm fine matching 2 years $16M for PPat. Preserves our 2016 cap space.

Comment

I hear ya. Though he says the right things, I still get the feeling he wants to prove himself as a starter and who knows, he may also want money. Also, I dunno why but I also get the feeling he would rather be in the US. I may be reading way too much into it but I recall a few diff tweets of his in the past complaining about Canadian things. At least a couple of the tweets were about TV up here I think.
                        TV is fine. Dude is rich he shouldn't be complaining about dumb shit like that

Comment

Yea I feel he doesn't love Toronto either. I think I got that from a couple on instagram photos he posted. So I agree with you. Looks like he definitely does want to start and the only teams he would really get to start on are crappy teams so maybe that's why.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            What if Orlando offers him a 4 year $32M deal like what Avery Bradley got? If you're Patterson you gotta sign it and hope the Raptors match.
                            Fortunately I don't see Orlando making a long term offer. They'll probably stick with a 2 year deal and I'm fine matching 2 years $16M for PPat. Preserves our 2016 cap space.
                            Hope you're right

Comment

Hope you're right
                              So GLF ivve always wundered does GLF stand for Good looking fella? Or am I to tally off
                              Hmhmmm
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Orlando, does not require a PP at this time. They have 2 players that they are adding to their system this season, a third player, the team will commence play like the 76ers. Teams evolve and PP is not a starter, he is a 7th man. His baseline seal defense is atrocious.
                                His pick and roll is a work in progress, he is a stretch 4, but he is still not multifaceted enough, and reminds me of CV who the Pistons overpaid based on 1/2 of a good season. Dont see Orlando management being on Cheap drugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X