No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raptors can't be in every trade. It's likely Cavs/Nets only contacted teams with the requisite cap room to act as facilitators.

Comment

• fair enough ): It wouldve been awesome to be Boston..
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
        To acquire him for no one we could use the Rudy TPE to take up some of the contract. However, it would just push us closer to the tax cap and ruin any chances of getting GV and using the MLE.
        No... we can't our TPE is not large enough to match those deals...

Comment

• Actually now that I think about it. Boston doesn't have enough cap space to make this move either. They likely used Paul Pierce's 10M TPE to complete the trade.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            No... we can't our TPE is not large enough to match those deals...
            Ah so TPEs are only used in its entirety? We couldn't use our whole TPE plus add a contract to match?

Comment

Ah so TPEs are only used in its entirety? We couldn't use our whole TPE plus add a contract to match?
              Nope you can't do that. Can't trade the TPE with players.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                fair enough ): It wouldve been awesome to be Boston..
                Marcus Thornton is a wildly overpaid, very-slightly-above-average wing. Tyler Zeller shows promise but he's still a project. Boston didn't score some huge coup here: they got paid for taking on Thornton's white elephant salary.

Comment

Nope you can't do that. Can't trade the TPE with players.
                  Kk cool. I had no clue lol. Learn something new everyday.

Comment

Actually now that I think about it. Boston doesn't have enough cap space to make this move either. They likely used Paul Pierce's 10M TPE to complete the trade.
                    I think if they waive Bogans they have enough room to do it. But, yeah, they could just as easily use the Pierce TPE. Expires in a week anyway.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                      Marcus Thornton is a wildly overpaid, very-slightly-above-average wing. Tyler Zeller shows promise but he's still a project. Boston didn't score some huge coup here: they got paid for taking on Thornton's white elephant salary.
                      Thornton is an expiring contract, doesn't hurt them at all unless they were planning on targeting a FA, which I doubt since I think they only one they had much interest in was Hayward (Brad Stevens connection). They get Zeller who's an OK prospect and a future 1st from CLE which is top 10 protected.

Comment

Kk cool. I had no clue lol. Learn something new everyday.
                        me too man...everytime I think I finally got a handle on the CBA DanH or McHappy come along and blow it up
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Boston has soooooo many assets right now
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• would Cleveland have pulled the trigger on that deal without some assurance from James though?

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              me too man...everytime I think I finally got a handle on the CBA DanH or McHappy come along and blow it up
                              Ahahaha yeah. Honestly, the posters on this forum are so on point with their calculations and CBA knowledge. It's nice

Comment

• also might have a plan B to throw max at Greg Monroe...who knows anything anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X