Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
    First canadian NBA MVP since Steve Nash coming soon?
    How many countries have 2 MVP in their history other then U.S ?

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

How many countries have 2 MVP in their history other then U.S ?
      The only MVP's won outside the US were in Nigeria (Hakeem), Canada (Nash), Germany (Dirk), Greece (Giannis), Serbia (Jokic), and Cameroon (Embiid).

Nash, Giannis and Jokic each won it twice.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The only MVP's won outside the US were in Nigeria (Hakeem), Canada (Nash), Germany (Dirk), Greece (Giannis), Serbia (Jokic), and Cameroon (Embiid).

Nash, Giannis and Jokic each won it twice.

So the answer is zero .. My question may have been written wrong .. How many countries have 2 ( different players ) players as MVP

Comment

So the answer is zero .. My question may have been written wrong .. How many countries have 2 ( different players ) players as MVP
          Sorry I misinterpreted your question. I thought you asked how many have won 2. Not how many countries have 2 different players that won. Hopefully Shai will fix that. Although I think they give it to Jokic again.

Comment

Sorry I misinterpreted your question. I thought you asked how many have won 2. Not how many countries have 2 different players that won. Hopefully Shai will fix that. Although I think they give it to Jokic again.
            I love Shai but if I had a vote it would go to the Joker but SGA is second in points and second in steals and that shows he has been great on both sides
            of the ball .. Although wow the 76ers went from division contenders to play in contenders with losing one player ..

Comment

• RJ Barret's younger brother has passed away !! Wow you hear about being off for personal matters and you often don't think it's for a big thing .. It must have been great he playing in T.O and so he can be close to his family during this time .

Comment

• Ooooooooohhhhh.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Not a bad pool, but there will be two qualifying tourney winners that will join that pool too.

Valencia will include the winner of Spain, Lebanon, Angola, Finland, Poland and Bahamas.
                  Piraeus will include the winner of Slovenia, New Zealand, Croatia, Egypt, Greece and Dominican Republic

Favourites are likely Spain and Slovenia.

Those qualifying tournaments are from July 2 to July 9 so guys like Luka, Giannis, Markkanen, etc should be able to play.

Comment

Not a bad pool, but there will be two qualifying tourney winners that will join that pool too.

Valencia will include the winner of Spain, Lebanon, Angola, Finland, Poland and Bahamas.
                    Piraeus will include the winner of Slovenia, New Zealand, Croatia, Egypt, Greece and Dominican Republic

Those qualifying tournaments are from July 2 to July 9 so guys like Luka, Giannis, Markkanen, etc should be able to play.
                    Really glad we don't need to play a qualifying tournament. I hope those tournaments produce a result like when we lost to Venezuela.
                    Last edited by Primer; Wed Mar 20, 2024, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Not a bad pool, but there will be two qualifying tourney winners that will join that pool too.

Can somebody help me .. Is there a possibility that Canada , Australia and Spain will be in the same Group in the first round ? If
                      that is the case isn't that the group of death .. I guess with so few teams there won't be a easy group .

Comment

• Bahamas could be a dark horse. Ayton, Buddy Hield and Eric Gordon is a decent core. They could add Evan Mobley and even Klay Thompson. That would be a great starting 5 for FIBA ball.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Bahamas could be a dark horse. Ayton, Buddy Hield and Eric Gordon is a decent core. They could add Evan Mobley and even Klay Thompson. That would be a great starting 5 for FIBA ball.
                          I heard about Klay Thompson also but he won a gold metal with the U.S ..

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            Ooooooooohhhhh.

The more I read it .. It's Canada , Austrailia Spain and Greece in a group .. Holly crap .. We
                            better not just bring last summer's group . We will need re-enforcements .

Comment

Can somebody help me .. Is there a possibility that Canada , Australia and Spain will be in the same Group in the first round ? If
                              that is the case isn't that the group of death .. I guess with so few teams there won't be a easy group .
                              Yup Spain can be in that group if they win their qualifying tournament.

There are 4 qualifying tournaments. The winner of each tournament gets into the Olympics. Canada's in a pool where two of those winners will make it.

So our pool could include Australia, Spain and Slovenia (Luka) for example. So yeah could easily become the group of death.

The unfortunate thing is we didn't get Japan or South Sudan. Those are the only two gimmies IMO and they are in different pools.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Bahamas could be a dark horse. Ayton, Buddy Hield and Eric Gordon is a decent core. They could add Evan Mobley and even Klay Thompson. That would be a great starting 5 for FIBA ball.
                                Yeah they could be a scary group.

Comment

Working...
                                X