Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    I would be very scared to play Team Canada in the 4th quarter in a close game, knowing we have SGA and Jamal Murray.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      I would be very scared to play Team Canada in the 4th quarter in a close game, knowing we have SGA and Jamal Murray.
      I would really like to see Tristian Thompson in a Canadian uniform this summer .. The world has a lot of bigs to be scared of
      except for Team Canada ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

I would really like to see Tristian Thompson in a Canadian uniform this summer .. The world has a lot of bigs to be scared of
        Rather see Edey than this doped guy.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Rather see Edey than this doped guy.
          Edey got zero minutes vs Brazil and Spain .. The coach didn't trust him to give him any minutes and you think
          he will help this summer ? I hope he can but how can he go from zero minutes to a helpful part of this team ?

Last edited by guyroch; Tue Apr 23, 2024, 02:03 PM.

Comment

I would be surprised if we was eligible. He tested positive for PED's not too long ago. The olympics takes that much more seriously than any professional league.

Comment

Edey got zero minutes vs Brazil and Spain .. The coach didn't trust him to give him any minutes and you think
              he will help this summer ?
              I think he should be the 12th man again. Canada doesn't have any traditional centers. Powell and Olynyk are basically forwards. With no 3 second violation on defense and some goal tending (ball can hit the rim and then it's live).. we need a guy that can protect the rim. Plus only 5 fouls before being DQ'd. We could use some insurance. And I don't think Tristan will be an option. He's never been a team Canada guy.

I don't think Jordi will use him much again. But it's still okay to have him on the roster.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think he should be the 12th man again. Canada doesn't have any traditional centers. Powell and Olynyk are basically forwards. With no 3 second violation on defense and some goal tending (ball can hit the rim and then it's live).. we need a guy that can protect the rim. Plus only 5 fouls before being DQ'd. We could use some insurance. And I don't think Tristan will be an option. He's never been a team Canada guy.

I don't think Jordi will use him much again. But it's still okay to have him on the roster.
                Tristian was a regular in the summers for Canada basketball . Ever since loss to Venezuela we haven't seen him .

Oh don't get me wrong .. Edey needs to be on the roster .. I say we get him to camp early and see how much
                development we can get done ..

The Wolves have a Canadian big man who playing against Gobert during practices might really be some
                good on the job training for these Olympics .
                Last edited by guyroch; Tue Apr 23, 2024, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Edey will be useful very situationally (just like in the NBA). If we're playing a squad with a slow plodding big man we can counter that with Edey. Olynyk and Powell struggle with those types of guys due to sheer size and weight.

Comment

• No 3 second rule and goaltending rules are fucked in FIBA ball. Edey will be fine there
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      No 3 second rule and goaltending rules are fucked in FIBA ball. Edey will be fine there
                      Did you watch Canada vs USA?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Did you watch Canada vs USA?
                        I posted a clip of Edey defending pick and roll against USA in draft thread. Yes I know of his limitations

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I posted a clip of Edey defending pick and roll against USA in draft thread. Yes I know of his limitations
                          OK, just saying the FIBA rules don't make him always playable.

Comment

• He's not gonna play against USA everytime.

Comment

• Against some Brom Drodochek he'll hold his own I think. If he's not he's truly fucked

Comment

• We need to develop a couple solid bigs to join the best in the world guard/wing depth that we currently have. The Bediako's have not seemed to pan out like I'd hoped. Edey may or may not turn into a solid FIBA player. Leonard Miller could be the power forward of the future (fingers crossed).

Who else is in the pipeline?
                                Enoch Boakye
                                Tyrese Samuel

Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X