Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah forgot he was from the DR. Yeah they could have an okay team. I don't think they get in though. Some really strong competition in those qualifying games.
    So glad we're not in the qualifying tournament I'd be really scared of a team like DR if those guys play.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, slim pickings. Brandon Clarke is probably the best undersized big in the pipeline, talent-wise. Otherwise, Dwight Powell is pretty much similar to Tristan Thompson. Trey Lyles is kind of big, but he's more like an Olynyk-lite. Maybe Leonard Miller can go on the Giannis/Lebron diet and fill out with bulk + muscle.
      Clarke and Lyles are 27 and 28 respectively (same as Brooks, 28). Time line wise they fit OK with the 24/25 year old core of SGA, Dort, Barrett, Murray, and NAW. I mentioned Miller as a potential break out guy that could join the team after this year.

Kyle Alexander could be a guy that runs it back for the Olympic squad as well. He provides some nice length and is a lob threat as weak side shot blocker. He gives up some weight when guard big 5's but couldbe effective in the dunker spot with the guards we have.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

Clarke and Lyles are 27 and 28 respectively (same as Brooks, 28). Time line wise they fit OK with the 24/25 year old core of SGA, Dort, Barrett, Murray, and NAW. I mentioned Miller as a potential break out guy that could join the team after this year.

Kyle Alexander could be a guy that runs it back for the Olympic squad as well. He provides some nice length and is a lob threat as weak side shot blocker. He gives up some weight when guard big 5's but couldbe effective in the dunker spot with the guards we have.
        Lyles is a Sacramento King and must have a good realationship with the coach ..He has done well when he has played for Canada .. Hits big 3's for being a big guy ..

Comment

• Mavericks' Luka Doncic lists Thunder swingman among best perimeter defenders in NBA (msn.com)

Although I love Murray .. For selfish reasons I would love him to play for Canada but for the sake of his NBA career he
          should be on a minutes restriction .. The guy doesn't look he body can handle a whole NBA season and NBA playoffs ..

NICKEILALEXANDER-WALKER with Dort and Dillon Brooks and a motivated Wiggins this Canadian team will have
          a great defense ..and I didn't even mention SGA .

Last edited by guyroch; Fri May 10, 2024, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• I assume you mean Dort not Luka?
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Does anyone know where can I buy a SGA Canada jersey? I can't find it anywhere.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                Does anyone know where can I buy a SGA Canada jersey? I can't find it anywhere.
                That is a very good question .. Sports Chek does have Canadian Soccer jersey but no names ..I checked Real Sports and
                they only sell Canada Soccer which is weird cause they are heavily invoiced with Canada basketball

Comment

Does anyone know where can I buy a SGA Canada jersey? I can't find it anywhere.
                  I've looked everywhere. You can't. Canada Basketball needs to get their shit together. Can't even do a custom jersey as his name is too long.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I've looked everywhere. You can't. Canada Basketball needs to get their shit together. Can't even do a custom jersey as his name is too long.
                    Yup. Can't find anything online either.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yup. Can't find anything online either.
                      eBay

Comment

• Zach Edey show off his shooting range at the NBA Draft Combine

Purdue's Zach Edey shows off 3-point shooting at NBA Draft Combine (indystar.com)

Zach Edey Impresses at the NBA Combine - Hammer and Rails

Comment

• Yessir!!!

What's the starting lineup gonna look like?

KO
                          Brooks
                          RJ
                          SGA
                          Murray

?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yessir!!!

KO
                            Brooks
                            RJ
                            SGA
                            Murray

?

This is the upside to both Canadians being out of the playoffs. We're bringing the A squad to the Olympics.

I think you got the starting lineup correct.

Also this nugget was in the article. "Indiana Pacers guard Bennedict Mathurin is reportedly interested in joining the Canadian team at this summer's games."

I guess his recovery is going well.
                            Last edited by Primer; Yesterday, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Yessir!!!

KO
                              Brooks
                              RJ
                              SGA
                              Murray

?

Could Wiggins bump RJ for defensive
                              purposes. RJ can be a scorer off the bench with Dort and NAW as the stoppers.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Well for Canadian Basketball selfish reasons the NBA playoffs have gone well with all of our major guns not going to the conference Finals .. The experience playing in the playoffs for the Pacers might help if ANDREW NEMBHARD is invited to camp for PG back up role ..

Comment

Working...
                                X