No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My feeling is that GV signs before Monday, or they will offer Jameer Nelson - 3 million and keep Decolo at 2/3 leaving approx 9.75 million under the luxury tax.

Believe Raptors will than pursue Jordan Hill offering 3/10 million and there is the pursuit of a small defensive forward. A trade for Matt Barnes would be preferable maybe GV could be a S & T . Clippers are at the luxury tax after signing Spencer Hawes and require a back up point guard.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      You fellas have a great weekend. I gotta leave, my date with Kate Upton is imminent.
      Enjoy my sloppy seconds.

*classy - lol*

Comment

• Bucks are apparently exploring options at point guard, and Stein lists Vasquez as one of their options:

@ESPNSteinLine: In addition to weighing possible trade for Lin, I'm told Bucks are pitching offer sheet to RFA Eric Bledsoe and pursuing PG Greivis Vasquez
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
          Bucks are apparently exploring options at point guard, and Stein lists Vasquez as one of their options:

@ESPNSteinLine: In addition to weighing possible trade for Lin, I'm told Bucks are pitching offer sheet to RFA Eric Bledsoe and pursuing PG Greivis Vasquez
          Sign and trade for Ilyasova? Would solve our big defensive SF issue. Buck's don't really need Ilyasova with the drafting of Parker and Giannis.

Ilyasova's contract is 2 years at $7.9M per year, and then he can be waived for $400K before the 2016 season (just like Salmons). Fits in with our 2016 cap space plan.

Not sure if Ilyasova can play SF though. Bucks mainly played him at PF.
          Last edited by Primer; Sat Jul 5, 2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Sign and trade for Ilyasova? Would solve our big defensive SF issue. Buck's don't really need Ilyasova with the drafting of Parker and Giannis.

Ilyasova's contract is 2 years at $7.9M per year, and then he can be waived for $400K before the 2016 season (just like Salmons). Fits in with our 2016 cap space plan.

Ohhhhh I would love for that to happen!!
            Chuck Hayes + ross + 2nd rounder would be dreamy

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I don't think he is a SF full time. Specific matchups. Then you have Ersan, Amir, Pat, and T at PF.

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
              No way. Say good bye to max contract cap space next summer.

I'm not a fan of trading Ross but if you do it is not to bring in an inconsistent player like Ilyasova. He is part of a package for an all-star.

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                I meant to sign and trade GV for Ilyasova. Definitely wouldn't trade Ross and no one wants Hayes. I also wouldn't include a 2nd rounder, just do it straight up.

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                  wow you are so generous.
                  LOL

i think chuck hayes will be enough to bring Ilyasova here but then again we dont need him.

Comment

• Oh tru
                    Yeah GV for ilyasova makes sense
                    I thought it would be nice to send ross to sweeten the deal since SF or PF position would be too tight in raptors roster
                    But yeah no one will take Hayes...
                    I want Hayes and Fields gone so bad :'(

What do you guys think of Amir Johnson or Fields + GV for ilyasova and Their 1st rounder or 2nd rounder?

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                      wow you are so generous.
                      LOL

i think chuck hayes will be enough to bring Ilyasova here but then again we dont need him.
                      lol yeah I think I had a DERP moment
                      Thank god masai is amazing and would never trade like I would haha

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        I don't think he is a SF full time. Specific matchups. Then you have Ersan, Amir, Pat, and T at PF.

No way. Say good bye to max contract cap space next summer.

I'm not a fan of trading Ross but if you do it is not to bring in an inconsistent player like Ilyasova. He is part of a package for an all-star.
                        Great point xD
                        Mm I don't know about all star but what do you think of Harrison Barnes

Comment

• Triplethreat89, did tenforthewin hack your account?

Comment

• Take the other Barnes who plays defense - Matt from the Clippers for Rudy Gay TPE of 4.2 million . TRoss works the offensive side learns from Matt Barnes how to play team and player defense with attitude. The udonis Haslem of Small Forwards.

You may have to take Reggie Bullock as part of the trade, and than decide between -Bruno, Reggie and Bebe which one is stashed overseas for the year.

If not, So sign GV for 4/13 and keep Barnes, or alternatively with the extra players like a Reggie bullock , De Colo and Hansbrough look for a back up center in a trade such as John henson

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              Triplethreat89, did tenforthewin hack your account?
                              No lol sorry just a DERP moment xD
                              Good thing u guys are here to set me straight

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X