No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a matter of time. He was just a backup plan incase Lowry didn't sign.

Comment

• July 7th... ZULU 19:07.. End of the Nando era.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jul 7, 2014, 02:09 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Just feels weird losing a player to Russia. Vasquez will probably end up signing in Lichtenstein somehow.

Comment

• He had a fun name to yell at games. That's about the extent of his value.

Comment

• R.I.P De Yolo
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I'm very glad he didn't pick up the QO or sign a new deal with us. Gives us more room under the tax to work with. Dude was straight trash anyway.

Comment

• Free-agent guard Nando de Colo turned down a two-year offer to return to the Toronto Raptors to accept a deal with CSKA Moscow, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...181853632.html
                Interesting.

Comment

• I really need to know how much the deal was for so I can slap Enlightenment directly in the face
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I'm almost starting to feel a little bit concerned over GV.
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Because De Colo is gone, I'm now talking myself into Stone. Casey likes him, he's cheap, knows the system, doesn't care about playing time, can guard three positions, good teammate. I know they could PROBABLY do better, but as a bottom of the bench guy it doesn't matter too much. As a 4th string guard I don't hate it, now that Williams is here. Anyway, we'll find out today if he's gonna stick around!
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Interesting.
                          Masai doesn't like to lose assets for nothing, not surprised he made an offer. We probably offered something like $3M over 2 years and De Colo left for more money.

Comment

• I expect one of GV's other suitors (most likely Milwaukee) offered him a combination of more money/more minutes. I mean, Milwaukee could use a playmaking PG - they move Knight to backup PG or run a three-man platoon at PG/SG of Gravy, Knight and 'Po, they let Po/Henson/Sanders handle the defensive load, then GV's defensive issues aren't so bad and the team's offense gets remarkably better with a killer scorer (Jabari), a very good three-shooter (GV), and two young guys emerging into quality offensive pieces (Henson and 'Po).

And Milwaukee needs to spend money on somebody, so might as well be GV. I can definitely see them offering him $6-7 per.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Masai doesn't like to lose assets for nothing, not surprised he made an offer. We probably offered something like $3M over 2 years and De Colo left for more money.
                              Yeah that is a definite possibility.

I'd also assume the recent signings of Euro League guys such as Datome in Detroit and Rudez in Indiana give him an opportunity to go play at the highest level in Europe for 2 years, perform, and then return with a larger contract offer from an NBA team. He is going to have more interest around the league as a top performer in EuroLeague than a 14/15th man on an NBA bench.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                                And Milwaukee needs to spend money on somebody, so might as well be GV. I can definitely see them offering him $6-7 per.
                                I hope they do. I have no interest in paying Vasquez more than $4-5mm/yr.

Comment

Working...
                                X