No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic but could Marion be had for cheap? Or Butler (will probably want to play for a contender, but could make them an offer nonetheless)

Also: Some of these players have amassed way more career earnings than I would've ever thought.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• I read somewhere that the Raptors were waiting for the luxury tax figure before signing Greivis.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I thought it was about 3.2M....I also thought that there was a tidbit that Vasquez was ok with that or around that, and that the number 3.7M was floated in that little snippet.
        Yeah, most people think it's about 3.2M. Including that reporter. Now, GV and his agent will know that it is actually 3.9M. So clearly at least some of the information in that article did not come from GV and is just the interviewer riffing on what he said. As such, I'm hesitant to take anything from the article that is not a direct quote - and don't even trust the context of the quotes.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• today is the day ?

Comment

• I hope he resigns but if he doesn't, I'd look at Aaron Brooks at the minimum.
            Myself (March 2014):
            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

today is the day ?
              There's a relatively popular south american soccer team playing today. Also, Greivis says this sort of thing every day.
              Last edited by ebrian; Tue Jul 8, 2014, 08:53 AM.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                I read somewhere that the Raptors were waiting for the luxury tax figure before signing Greivis.
                Waiting for the tax and cap to be set. Both are approximates from what I read.

Comment

• Today GV tweeted today is the day.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                    I read somewhere that the Raptors were waiting for the luxury tax figure before signing Greivis.
                    Makes sense... Don't want to go over the luxury tax this yr... It would be a complete waste... Use it when we are going to be contending

Comment

• Ramon Sessions

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                        Today GV tweeted today is the day.
                        Indeed he did. Patiently waiting for the news to break!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          Indeed he did. Patiently waiting for the news to break!
                          Source: It should be imminent.
                          Myself (March 2014):
                          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, most people think it's about 3.2M. Including that reporter. Now, GV and his agent will know that it is actually 3.9M. So clearly at least some of the information in that article did not come from GV and is just the interviewer riffing on what he said. As such, I'm hesitant to take anything from the article that is not a direct quote - and don't even trust the context of the quotes.
                            Where is 3.9M coming from? I've only seen the 3.2 number used on sites.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                              What I've read Toronto has offer on the Table,but GVZ is waiting till other players sign,c if he can get more money,it's all good.
                              However he should be careful,raptors won't wait for long and his very replaceable. 2 be honest if he does leave,I won't shed a tear,there are plenty of other good back up pg available.
                              Check the pg free agent list.

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency/point_guards_2014.htm

P.S

It's not like his gonna get the minutes like last year,T Ross will be getting those minutes..
                              If Lowry gets injured we need him. He is a valuable offensive player.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Where is 3.9M coming from? I've only seen the 3.2 number used on sites.
                                He qualified for the starter's criteria. Wherein if a low pick manages to exceed expectations (2000 minutes or 41 starts) he gets treated as a top 10 pick when he gets his QO. Reverse is also true, so since Patterson (top 14 pick) didn't meet the criteria, he gets treated as the 15th pick with his QO (which is a little lower than was being reported before he got his deal).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X