No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man character cases really bug me. However Masai has now set up about 9m to come off the books in the summer of 2016
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Me too. I've got the comments posts to prove it.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        That is pricey.

But in the year of the "FREE AGENT WING" I guess that is to be expected.

Is year 2 fully guaranteed?

You think another backup big?

Raps only have 3 guys who can handle the ball (Lowry, Vasquez, Wiliams). 2 of those guys have a lot of injury history. I am inclined to think they go after another PG.
        No details yet on guarantees, but usually in absence of that leaking it is fully guaranteed. For 2.5M though I'm not too concerned.

If Ujiri wants another ball handler, he probably just keeps his guy, Buycks. But I think Lou, GV and Lowry is a lot of PG/combo guard depth. Carried 5 PG's last year though, so who knows. I'd be fine either way. Or even with just carrying a roster spot.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• He'll be serviceable that's for sure.

http://youtu.be/b8fV4NtLI0I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Not a fan of this deal, if it's true. Hopefully some of this contract is non-guaranteed, and has an escape clause just in case he acts up. He is great defensively, but he doesn't have a realistic view of his offensive game. In Masai I trust

Comment

• Masai is wild man.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                Maybe demar told masai that he wanted him. Gms usually give their best players a chnace to tell them a list of people who they want on the team. Demar probably vouched for jj
                Damn, I hope not. I don't want Masai getting guys just cause one of our players likes him. Leave that shit for the LBJ suitors!!

Comment

• Wow.

Truly is the year year of the free agent wing.

Comment

• bi-annual is only 1.9 or something
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I was scratching my head on this.. but it looks like we weren't close to signing Carter anyways. I want PJ, but we couldn't have gotten him for the MLE.

Comment

• It sort of passes the eye test. How many of you saw highlights of him in Memphis last year and though "hey, we could maybe use him"?

Comment

• I'm actually pretty pumped about this signing. PJ was probably the preferred option for most, but he would be much more expensive I think, and longer term so tying up resources later. If JJ gets it together, he could be a very important part of the bench unit. This has the potential to be really really great signing that everyone will look back upon and raving about down the road. And if he doesn't get it together and gets glued to the bench or waived, then it's really just a whatever for me.

Comment

• It really does look like Masai has his sights set on the summer of 2016.

Keep the core together until then, rely on internal development, make some noise, and create some buzz for 2 years. Then see which free agents like what they see.

Comment

• In scrimmage Psycho-T and JJ might kill each other
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Love the signing. Exactly what we needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X