Official: Salmons & '15 2nd round pick to Hawks for Williams & Nogueira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Atlanta has enough cap room to get Deng and maybe Avery Bradley. That makes them a scary defensive team. They nearly beat the Pacers without Horford (everyone forgets their All Star center was injured all year).
    for sure. ATL have a good little thing going, and they didn't even have Horford.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      for sure. ATL have a good little thing going, and they didn't even have Horford.
      Wouldnt Ariza make more sense then Deng. Similar money better fit.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Wouldnt Ariza make more sense then Deng. Similar money better fit.
        i dunno, sure. i'm just saying by adding a couple upgrades they'll be definitely in the mix in the east this year
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote:
          i dunno, sure. i'm just saying by adding a couple upgrades they'll be definitely in the mix in the east this year
          Atlanta will be good. I think Miami, Indy and Chicago will be surprisingly bad. Not out of the playoffs but noticebly not championship contenders.

Comment

• not sure if anyone has posted it yet but does anyone know the espn insider grades (fwiw)? I see the title is something like "raptors winning moves" so I guess they like it

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Atlanta has enough cap room to get Deng and maybe Avery Bradley. That makes them a scary defensive team. They nearly beat the Pacers without Horford (everyone forgets their All Star center was injured all year).
              If I'm them I offer sheet Hayward, or Parsons. Deng, while a good player, is just too old. Bradley is not coming out of Boston. I just don't see that happening. Sure, Rondo could leave, but Bradley? Nope, just can't see that.

Anyways, a Teague/Korver/Parsons or Hayward/Millsap/Horford Starting 5 with Schroeder, Antic, Carroll, Jenkins, and Payne off the bench is probably a top 3 team in the East. Actually, if Stephenson doesn't re-sign with Indiana, I'd bet it's the second best team in the East, assuming the Big 3 re-sign in Miami.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                If I'm them I offer sheet Hayward, or Parsons. Deng, while a good player, is just too old. Bradley is not coming out of Boston. I just don't see that happening. Sure, Rondo could leave, but Bradley? Nope, just can't see that.

Anyways, a Teague/Korver/Parsons or Hayward/Millsap/Horford Starting 5 with Schroeder, Antic, Carroll, Jenkins, and Payne off the bench is probably a top 3 team in the East. Actually, if Stephenson doesn't re-sign with Indiana, I'd bet it's the second best team in the East, assuming the Big 3 re-sign in Miami.
                Utah has said they'll match any offer sheet to Hayward. Unless they're saying it to lure another team to give him a huge contract.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  Utah has said they'll match any offer sheet to Hayward. Unless they're saying it to lure another team to give him a huge contract.
                  Nothing's for sure. That's for sure.

Comment

• so, uh, this trade was never made official was it?
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      This trade was never made official, was it?
                      I read earlier today that the respective teams were working madly to finalize the deal tonight. They have to finish by midnight.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
                        You're mixing up very different issues here. Knee is just a joint, a location. The problem with big mans health, is they are much heavier, and have a much higher center of gravity, making supporting and balancing their body an excrutiating task for their bone structure because of the rigors of not only playing but training and practicing in the NBA or any professional sports.

Bebe's problem is knee tendinitis, as it has nothing to do with the bones themselves but is an inflamation of the tendons that attach around the knee, which ones ? only is doctor knows but could be quads, hamstrings or the stabilizing tendons like ACL, MCL.

In other words his body is not falling apart at the core because of genetics, but proper strength training & streching, some Yoga, should keep him on the court for a long career, and last i checked we had one of the best in the league in Alex McKechnie. So i wouldn't be too worried about his health yet.
                        I believe I read he has had trouble with patellar tendonitis. It's an overuse phenomenon. Some people are more susceptible to inflammatory/overuse disorders than others so there actually probably is a genetic component. If it has been recurrent that would be concerning. No good treatment aside from rest/anti-inflammatories. Rest is hard when you are an athlete (or even an average joe) so people tend to go back too hard too quickly and it flares up again. The trainers will likely bring him along slowly if it is currently an issue.

The other parts of the knee you listed are ligaments and muscles and likely not the problem. Patellar tendonitis is common in jumping athletes (layperson term is actually "jumper's knee").

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
                          I read earlier today that the respective teams were working madly to finalize the deal tonight. They have to finish by midnight.
                          If it does not go through I will be very disappointed.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• isn't the deal finalized already?

Both sides agreed to extend the waiver deadline to July 10th. That means he's a hawk already, isn't he?

EDIT:

mhm.. interesting
                            Last edited by rocwell; Mon Jun 30, 2014, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              If it does not go through I will be very disappointed.
                              That makes two of us. Almost as disappointed that that Calderon+Evans for Chandler+Diaw didn't happen a couple years back.

Just realized that Calderon and Chandler ended up being traded for each other anyways

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post

Parsons, Deng, Stephenson, and Ariza are all option for Atlanta at SF. I do like the idea of a big offer to Parsons, which if he signs will fuck up Houston's cap space in their quest for Melo or Lebron.
                                Last edited by Primer; Mon Jun 30, 2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X