Official: Salmons & '15 2nd round pick to Hawks for Williams & Nogueira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter N wrote: View Post
    I honestly feel that Lou Williams is insurance in case we can't sign Lowry and if we can either Vasq leaves or Lou basically becomes our MLE.
    I honestly felt if we needed that insurance we'd have traded Ross for Ennis (rumored trade).

Comment

Landry's a pretty solid defender and does the "little things". His offence isn't there still but hopefully he can come back from his injury this upcoming year. Plus the whole "singing" thing (I forget what the show is called), wasn't that done near the end (if not at the end) of the season anyway? So pretty sure that's irrelevant.

I agree about keeping Novak though, good floor spacing. Casey should have played him more last year, I think.

Comment

Love the prospect, like the 1 year guard rental.

This team is OVERFLOWING with potential:

Ross - Sweet shooting, elite jumping ability, very athletic, great finisher, great defensive potential. Has the tools to eclipse Derozan. 23

Val - Potential post dominator, can hit the J, good defensive potential, can hit FTs, has FIRE in his eyes 22

Bruno - 7'7'' wingspan, shooting ability, elite athlete, great defensive potential, drive to win. 18

Nogueira - 7'7'' wingspan, elite jumping ability, very athletic, good rebounder, elite defensive potential, great on the break. 21

Not to mention Derozan 24 is not done improving, and his work ethic will lead the team to fulfill potential, the same way he has eclipsed his potential already.

This is a new generation of Raptors Basketball.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
          Great reply. And as your first post?

You'll fit in well here.
          Spurs aren't a passing team. They're about making the correct basketball play. If they can give the ball to Duncan in one pass for a high % shot they will. They pass up contested shots to create open shots.

Comment

Also guys don't look at this from just an on-court perspective.

Lou could be another trade asset at the deadline. A contender might be willing to send a 1st round pick over to acquire a cheap, expiring, high-scoring guard for a playoff run.

Comment

Williams could be a strategical move by Masai. If Lowry or GV sign elsewhere you have a backup. Insurance isn't a bad thing. If Lowry/GV resign than you can move Williams to another team looking for a scorer off the bench who's also an expiring contract.

Really liking this trade the more I think about it.

Comment

This is a hell of a lot better way to get a scoring combo guard off the bench than trading DeRozan for Dion Waiters btw.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  Also guys don't look at this from just an on-court perspective.

Lou could be another trade asset at the deadline. A contender might be willing to send a 1st round pick over to acquire a cheap, expiring, high-scoring guard for a playoff run.
                  Yeah.. just thinking this.. but could even move him during the summer once they know what's going to happen with Lowry and GV.

Comment

I can't wait 2 hear free style from Williams..coming 2 T Dot..Imma Boss

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      man just think in a couple years there's going to be a point where Casey will mutter under his breath "release the Brazilians" and then Bebe and Bruno will sub in and all the other team will see is arms
                      Rebrand the Raptors with Blanka from street fighters and we are set!

Comment

• fredericklove wrote: View Post
                        I honestly felt if we needed that insurance we'd have traded Ross for Ennis (rumored trade).
                        That's a bad trade, even if you have a ton of faith in Ennis.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          The Spurs don't have any pass-first players.

What's important isn't getting pass-first guys, it's getting guys that can score and are willing to move the ball, and then instilling a system that reinforces quick ball-movement. Every single player on the roster is a willing passer, so there's no issue there, now it's about getting that kind of system in place.
                          First off, they have at least one pass-first player: Diaw.

Secondly, you know what I meant. Among the guys we have who initiate our offence, all of them look to score first, and look for their own shot first as opposed to looking for the best shot for their team first. That's a big reason the ball doesn't always move well in our system. It sticks, and it rarely goes through more than 2-3 guys even when it moves.

Comment

• Ryan Wolstat @WolstatSun ·
                            That's a heist for Raptors, regardless of whether Williams regains form. Ujiri tried repeatedly to trade in for Giannis/Nogueira last year
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Ryan Wolstat @WolstatSun ·
                                That's a heist for Raptors, regardless of whether Williams regains form. Ujiri tried repeatedly to trade in for Giannis/Nogueira last year
                                Off course it's heist,it's embarrassing,Atlanta want's 2 go after Greg Monroe,good luck with that.

Yooo..Drake ain't got s@!t on Williams,the guy can rap and ball.
                                He just became my favorite player.

"I Want It All" Meek Mill ft. Lou Williams Music Video

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X