Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry in the bag. Now we need 2Pat, GV, a backup center, and Vince Carter! Trade Lou Williams..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funny thing is that as soon as I heard lowry had signed for a potential three year deal, I thought "that's about the right amount of time to groom a young point guard". I thought somehow, Masai would go searching for Ennis again. Maybe a S&T with the Suns? I know the salaries don't match but it's just a concept for now. If that freed up any money, plus maybe what you don't have to spend on GV now (as hard as that would be) and you've got money to replace PPat (just not sure with who).

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      A S&T Lou Williams -Vince Carter might benefit both Mavs and Toronto.
      Doubt Mavs accept that. They were pushing Vince to be 6th man of the year and he got a legit amount of votes. Lou played terrible last year.

Not to mention they already have Monta Ellis who is a very similar player to Lou Williams. No way Mavs say yes unless it's the absolute best offer they get for Vince and Vince tells them straight up he's not staying.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Doubt Mavs accept that. They were pushing Vince to be 6th man of the year and he got a legit amount of votes. Lou played terrible last year.

Not to mention they already have Monta Ellis who is a very similar player to Lou Williams. No way Mavs say yes unless it's the absolute best offer they get for Vince and Vince tells them straight up he's not staying.
        If Vince wants to come to Toronto it benefits everyone. Otherwise, its moot.

Comment

If Vince wants to come to Toronto it benefits everyone. Otherwise, its moot.
          If Vince wants to come to Toronto we sign him outright.. He's not an RFA and we don't need it to benefit Dallas. Keep Lou and still get Vince.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            If Vince wants to come to Toronto we sign him outright.. He's not an RFA and we don't need it to benefit Dallas. Keep Lou and still get Vince.
            Then we have 8M in overlapping salaries. Offering Lou Will to the Mavs let's Cuban let VC go and nobody feels bad,

Comment

Then we have 8M in overlapping salaries. Offering Lou Will to the Mavs let's Cuban let VC go and nobody feels bad,
              We won't hit the tax this year regardless, and Lou expires next year. I'm fine with MLSE paying an extra 5.25M in order to have a little extra depth for a year.

Comment

I agree with Bonus Jonas, If Vince wants to come here..we don't need to S & T or give up any assets to the Mavs...unless its a Novak just to get rid of his contract..VC is a UFA he signs here outright...but like I said we are probably his 3rd or 4th option behind Mavs, Heats, OKC...

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                  I agree with Bonus Jonas, If Vince wants to come here..we don't need to S & T or give up any assets to the Mavs...unless its a Novak just to get rid of his contract..VC is a UFA he signs here outright...but like I said we are probably his 3rd or 4th option behind Mavs, Heats, OKC...
                  Toronto doesn't have to S&T but keeping both just eats cap space. We should move Lou if we get VC and a great spot is Dallas. If Mavs get Deng then S&T VC anbd Marion - Lou Will may make more sense considering both team cap space - TPE available then either signings outright.

Comment

Seems to be a fair bit of interest in Ppat according to David Baumann at CBS. Phoenix and Orlando. We own his destiny as he is an RFA and we can match if we really want to keep him or Masai gets to see what is available from sign and trade. Lots of possibliliites with Phoenix Ennis being one and there are a few choices in Orlando (Tobias Harris / Andrew Nicholson and Moe Harkless). Nothing concrete yet as no offer sheets seem to have made thier way to the forefront yet.

Have not read about any interest in GV. Yet.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Seems to be a fair bit of interest in Ppat according to David Baumann at CBS. Phoenix and Orlando. We own his destiny as he is an RFA and we can match if we really want to keep him or Masai gets to see what is available from sign and trade. Lots of possibliliites with Phoenix Ennis being one and there are a few choices in Orlando (Tobias Harris / Andrew Nicholson and Moe Harkless). Nothing concrete yet as no offer sheets seem to have made thier way to the forefront yet.

Have not read about any interest in GV. Yet.
                      Phoenix probably views PPat as plan B. If they cant sign Frye. Orlando is just messed up.

Comment

Any downside to MU putting it out there that the Raptors will match offer to 2Pat? (even if it is posturing?)....Phoenix did this re Bledsoe.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Any downside to MU putting it out there that the Raptors will match offer to 2Pat? (even if it is posturing?)....Phoenix did this re Bledsoe.
                          The downside is Masai would have to say something to the press RE his intentions. We all know, Masai don't say shit to the press. Keeps it real close to the vest. He doesn't wanna say we'll match anything, then all of a sudden we're trading PPat to Phoenix for Ennis and a Morris twin. Not his style.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                            The downside is Masai would have to say something to the press RE his intentions. We all know, Masai don't say shit to the press. Keeps it real close to the vest. He doesn't wanna say we'll match anything, then all of a sudden we're trading PPat to Phoenix for Ennis and a Morris twin. Not his style.
                            Fair enough. It'll help if there are multiple suitors for 2Pat's expertise. I'd rather he stay though...cost dependent of course.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              I don't think ORL cares about the money. They are WAY below the cap floor.
                              At some point they are going to be after a big time free agent, and no Ben Gordon is not big time, plus extensions are going to kick in next year.

Money might not matter for 2014-15 but beyond......

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                Before that is said I'd rather see Masai/Raps say, "How about a S&T?"

I love Harkless potential. Still just 21. I wouldn't turn down Harris either. O'Quinn is a nice bruiser on the bench.

Obviously Orlando is looking at Gordon as a 3 right now.

Working on a S&T might help save Orlando some money too because Raps would agree not to match with a deal worked out.
                                Word is they're offering Nicholson
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X