Everything All Star 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    The guy that really impressed me last night was Gobert. He'd be a perennial all star if he was on Nurse's team.

My new top C rankings:

1. Embiid
    2. Gobert

3. Jokic

4. Towns
    5. Adams

* Davis is a PF.
    T Rex are you moving guys up and down your rankings from watching them play all star games?

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The guy that really impressed me last night was Gobert. He'd be a perennial all star if he was on Nurse's team.

My new top C rankings:

1. Embiid
      2. Gobert

3. Jokic

4. Towns
      5. Adams

* Davis is a PF.
      I noticed you stop talking about Embiid about a month and a half ago... Funny how that works
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I noticed you stop talking about Embiid about a month and a half ago... Funny how that works
        Umm...because this is a Raptors forum? why would I talk about Embiid?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Umm...because this is a Raptors forum? why would I talk about Embiid?
          lol never stopped you before.. Pretty sure all NBA talk is pretty regularly talked about here. Not to mention you just did an unprompted top 5 centers that have no raptors haha
          The Embiid talked seem to slam on the brakes once the sixers starting dive bombing down the standings.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

lol never stopped you before.. Pretty sure all NBA talk is pretty regularly talked about here. Not to mention you just did an unprompted top 5 centers that have no raptors haha
            The Embiid talked seem to slam on the brakes once the sixers starting dive bombing down the standings.
            He thinks he's Stephen A and his main audience is RR. I'm starting to see the pattern between "BREAKING Stephen A REACTS" videos and TRex posts.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Great all-star game! The only mistake I made was engaging with trolls on twitter who keep thinking Trae or anyone else should have been in over Kyle.

Did no one see how Walker was playing in the 4th?

Comment

• Turned the game off after the first 4 minutes of the second quarter. But I did leave the PVR on. Glad I did. Best All-Star game I've seen in decades. Would watch again next year without a doubt, is it had the same format.

Comment

• suspenders wrote: View Post
                  Great all-star game! The only mistake I made was engaging with trolls on twitter who keep thinking Trae or anyone else should have been in over Kyle.

Kyle Lowry is the most underrated NBA player of the last decade.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Great all-star game! The only mistake I made was engaging with trolls on twitter who keep thinking Trae or anyone else should have been in over Kyle.

He should have been subbed out for Butler if I'm being honest. Unpopular opinion but I don't think Trae should have been an all star in the first place.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• The more I see of Giannis, the less likely it is to me that he will ever come to Toronto. He's a competitor, and it seems like he loves that reputation. For him to jump ship to join the Raptors - an Eastern conference nemesis - will wreak of Kevin Durant's decision. I just don't see the Greek Freak wanting anything to do with that. If we DO have a shot at landing him, I think we lose that opportunity if we beat him in the playoffs again this year. He's not going to jump ship to join the team that represents the obstacle he couldn't overcome.

Mind you, I'm not a psychologist, and I'm dealing in heavy speculation, and I've never had a real conversation with the man (though, I did meet him at a mall in Indianapolis while we were both standing in line at a Cinnabon. True story!)
                      Last edited by Garbo; Tue Feb 18, 2020, 01:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
                        The more I see of Giannis, the less likely it is to me that he will ever come to Toronto. He's a competitor, and it seems like he loves that reputation. For him to jump ship to join the Raptors - an Eastern conference nemesis - will wreak of Kevin Durant's decision. I just don't see the Greek Freak wanting anything to do with that. If we DO have a shot at landing him, I think we lose that opportunity if we beat him in the playoffs again this year. He's not going to jump ship to join the team that represents the obstacle he couldn't overcome.

Mind you, I'm not a psychologist, and I'm dealing in heavy speculation, and I've never had a real conversation with the man (though, I did meet him at a mall in Indianapolis while we were both standing in line at a Cinnabon. True story!)
                        I freakin' love that about Giannis and the fact that he refuses to look for friends on other teams and even refuses to practice with them in the Summer. Dude is old school and plays for the crest on the jersey not the union. If he can't be lured to Toronto, I actually hope he stays in Milwaukee but if he comes here, teaming up with Siakam doesn't smell to me exactly like lebron/Wade/Bosh, lebron/Davis, Kawhi George, Durant/Irving or Durant/everybody.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I freakin' love that about Giannis and the fact that he refuses to look for friends on other teams and even refuses to practice with them in the Summer. Dude is old school and plays for the crest on the jersey not the union. If he can't be lured to Toronto, I actually hope he stays in Milwaukee but if he comes here, teaming up with Siakam doesn't smell to me exactly like lebron/Wade/Bosh, lebron/Davis, Kawhi George, Durant/Irving or Durant/everybody.
                          Apparently he said he'd love to play with his brother in Milwaukee or... LA...

I don't think he's coming here in 2021.

Comment

Apparently he said he'd love to play with his brother in Milwaukee or... LA...

I don't think he's coming here in 2021.
                            or whatever. #wethewhatever

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
                              The more I see of Giannis, the less likely it is to me that he will ever come to Toronto. He's a competitor, and it seems like he loves that reputation. For him to jump ship to join the Raptors - an Eastern conference nemesis - will wreak of Kevin Durant's decision. I just don't see the Greek Freak wanting anything to do with that. If we DO have a shot at landing him, I think we lose that opportunity if we beat him in the playoffs again this year. He's not going to jump ship to join the team that represents the obstacle he couldn't overcome.

Agreed. Best case scenario is the Bucks losing to someone else in the East (like the Celtics), this year and next. Even then it's a big IF he will leave the Bucks, and even a bigger IF he would come here. Maintaining cap space for 2021 is still a worthy goal though. We get Gobert & Tatum (or Oladipo), and we repeat in '21-'22

Start Fred/TD/Tatum/Siakam/Gobert --> Championship

Comment

• ​ ​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X