No announcement yet.

BREAKING: Patman Signs 18mil/3years in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really hope they can somehow sign Vince. Re-signing GV shouldn't really be a big priority. They already have Lou Williams.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
      You're forgetting Novak
      Hopefully we get his salary off our roster so we can sign our Wing player
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
        So we'll have no third point guard? I think we'll need one. Kyle will get injured.
        Kyle gets injured we rely on Lou to play some point. He's a SG but if we absolutely need him to he can play PG

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          We can sign Vasquez then do one of the two:

1) Use SOME of the MLE (~3Mil) to sign a wing player

OR

2) Use stretch provision on Landry or Novak, clear some salary, use ALL of the MLE (~5Mil) to sign a better wing player

(Both options are below the luxury tax)
          Oh okay. That sounds great! So why are all the Toronto media guys on twitter acting like we have to pick between Greivis or the signing a small forward?
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            Really hope they can somehow sign Vince. Re-signing GV shouldn't really be a big priority. They already have Lou Williams.
            I don't like Lou williams playing backup PG. Give him the backup SG, keep GV, you get awesome scoring and playmaking off the bench with the both of them.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              Kyle gets injured we rely on Lou to play some point. He's a SG but if we absolutely need him to he can play PG
              Okay true. Makes sense
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Oh okay. That sounds great! So why are all the Toronto media guys on twitter acting like we have to pick between Greivis or the signing a small forward?
                Only explanation is that they are daft... lol, but actually, it should be easy to dump Novaks or Fields salary, and the stretch provision can be used no matter if we can dump them or not! So, we can both sign GV and get the full MLE before the tax.

Comment

I don't like Lou williams playing backup PG. Give him the backup SG, keep GV, you get awesome scoring and playmaking off the bench with the both of them.
                  Thank you! I am getting beyond tired of people acting like we don't need GV because we have Lou. Just stop this. If we don't keep GV and play Lou at point guard full time and then sign a small forward we now have a whole at backup shooting guard. Makes no sense. Also Lou is not someone you want being your primary backup point. He can play if in small sample sizes but he's a shooting guard first.

Comment

Only explanation is that they are daft... lol, but actually, it should be easy to dump Novaks or Fields salary, and the stretch provision can be used no matter if we can dump them or not! So, we can both sign GV and get the full MLE before the tax.
                    Rather not use the stretch provision. It cuts into our cap space down the line in order to make our team better now. We won't compete this year so there's no point of going all in like that

Comment

I don't know if it's going to be that easy to dump Fields salary. Novak maybe. But as long as the Toronto media is wrong I'm happy lol. Where's DanH when you need him lol

Comment

Nando is more than capable to be a backup + much cheaper.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

does anyone know if you can combine exceptions...i.e. Use the MLE and Bi-Annual together to offer someone 2 years 14 million?
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            does anyone know if you can combine exceptions...i.e. Use the MLE and Bi-Annual together to offer someone 2 years 14 million?
                            Not 100% but it sounds unlikely

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              Never heard of it, and I am going to assume: no

Comment

because they have not properly educated themselves on the intricacies of the CBA the way we forumers have
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X