Andray Blatche?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    I cannot stand that "because Casey" argument. He played Ross through his struggles in the playoffs and both sophomore's minutes remained consistent (after gay trade) throughout the season.

He benched JV when he was absolutely gassed in the series or when he mas making stupid mistakes, not for the pleasure of it.
    I agree with you. Casey plays the players that help you win. Every time Casey plays someone it's cause he feel that player give them a better chance to win. Not cause their 30+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I agree with you. Casey plays the players that help you win. Every time Casey plays someone it's cause he feel that player give them a better chance to win. Not cause their 30+.

I agree with that assessment. I also think Casey's judgment is skewed, and he overvalues how much vets help win relative to young players. And as such plays them more than they should be played. I certainly don't think Casey is intentionally trying to reduce our chances to win - just accidentally.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

This is why we have Bebe, he is a more mobile defender and his lenght/wingspan could prove more useful on team defense as oppose to Chuck who excels at 1 on 1 but is below average at everything else.

Blatche is stuck between the 2, he ain't as strong as Chuck and isn't the shot blocker Nogueira.

He is more offensively skilled, but our 2nd unit already has 3 above average subs who will likely play with one of Ross and Demar, making line ups of GV - Lou Will - Ross/DeMarr - 2 Pat - Hayes/Bebe. Blatche would likely be #9 on the offensive depth chart and is less of a defensive presence than every single bigs on our roster.

Also, in the playoffs its basically a 8 men rotation and it leaves no place on the court for Blatche. I do not want a headcase sulking because of the absence of playing time.
        Id need to see numbers to believe his a worse defender than JV .

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I agree with that assessment. I also think Casey's judgment is skewed, and he overvalues how much vets help win relative to young players. And as such plays them more than they should be played. I certainly don't think Casey is intentionally trying to reduce our chances to win - just accidentally.
          So you're not an accountant...... politician?

Comment

Why not?
            Because our coach is named Dwane Casey
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Bebe is not likely to get minutes this year.
              I would much rather bank on Bebe than sign someone like Blatche. If Bebe can earn minutes, it will be doing the things we need him to do. And he's not going to be Chuck Hayes useless on O just by his height and finishing around the rim alone.

Again, we just really don't need what Blatche brings offensively. He's not consistent enough anyway, including in his decision-making which can really hurt his team. And there are other concerns about his one-way game. Put him out there with Vasquez, Lou Williams, PPat and a wing, and there are at best 2 decent defensive players out there (Pat and possibly the wing)....We'll get torn apart with that unit out on D.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                So you're not an accountant...... politician?
                Do I really seem so untrustworthy?

Engineer, by the way.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I would much rather bank on Bebe than sign someone like Blatche. If Bebe can earn minutes, it will be doing the things we need him to do. And he's not going to be Chuck Hayes useless on O just by his height and finishing around the rim alone.

Again, we just really don't need what Blatche brings offensively. He's not consistent enough anyway, including in his decision-making which can really hurt his team. And there are other concerns about his one-way game. Put him out there with Vasquez, Lou Williams, PPat and a wing, and there are at best 2 decent defensive players out there (Pat and possibly the wing)....We'll get torn apart with that unit out on D.
                  Our second unit last year did just fine on D last year. Why would adding Blatche make us worse on D?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Our second unit last year did just fine on D last year. Why would adding Blatche make us worse on D?

Because Blatche would take minutes from one of those second unit players that did so well defensively?
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Do I really seem so untrustworthy?

Engineer, by the way.
                      No I was just amazed by the ability to take both sides of the debate in the same breath.

Comment

Because Blatche would take minutes from one of those second unit players that did so well defensively?
                        The only player he would take minutes always from is Chuck Hayes/Hansbrough. I don't see a huge drop off there.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• why are we still talking about this? I already said no...that's the end of it. Now clean your rooms before your mother gets home
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Dem Point Guard Skills though
                            Nevermind what haters say,
                            ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

• Casey was coaching for a new contract

DanH wrote: View Post
                              Cant blame a guy because he was trying to continue working as a Head Coach. MU was ready to fire him at the beginning of the year.

Casey needs an offensive coordinator for sure, but, his team finished first, and that helped Casey to secure a new contract.

Comment

The only player he would take minutes always from is Chuck Hayes/Hansbrough. I don't see a huge drop off there.
                                Here are some of Blatche's advanced stats (at RealGM) compared to those of the three Raptors who played backup at centre last season:

Blatche TS% .532 TR% 14.34 TOV% 12.48 ORgt 104.6 DRgt 104.2 eDiff +0.3 PER 18.87

Hayes TS% .468 TR% 16.18 TOV% 18.97 ORgt 102.0 DRgt 103.3 eDiff -1.3 PER 10.08

Hansbrough TS% .562 TR% 17.16 TOV% 14.49 ORgt 115.9 DRgt 103.6 eDiff +12.3 PER 14.28

Johnson TS% .592 TR% 13.26 TOV% 15.42 ORgt 112.3 DRgt 103.5 eDiff +8.8 PER 15.52

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/sta...Regular_Season

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/sta...Regular_Season
                                Last edited by caccia; Wed Jul 9, 2014, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X