Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    All star game is gonna be sad...less than 3 weeks away
    Remember when Dwight announced that he was going to be in the dunk contest. He said that he wanted Kobe to be apart of one of his dunks .
    Sure the whole weekend is going to be filled with tributes, players wearing his jersey. It will feel more like a memorial then a all star weekend
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Agree. Him fading away.
      It would look like Jordan's because Kobe's fadeway is like a carbon copy of Jordan's fadeaway.

I like this better:

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Comment

Strange..to me, at least.

Maybe at the families request, as in maybe they'd like to attend but aren't ready yet.

Otherwise, I feel like it would have been a healthy night as part of the mourning process
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Also crazy that the Lakers didn't have a game yesterday and don't have one today but then their game tomorrow is the LA/LA matchup. Even with the Clips having won both games so far, I feel like there might be some safe money on the Lakers
            Lakers / Clippers game has been postponed

Comment

Strange..to me, at least.

Maybe at the families request, as in maybe they'd like to attend but aren't ready yet.

Otherwise, I feel like it would have been a healthy night as part of the mourning process
              Apparently it was in convo with the Lakers players and staff that the league decided to postpone, with the Clippers agreeing to the proposal after it was presented to them.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Apparently it was in convo with the Lakers players and staff that the league decided to postpone, with the Clippers agreeing to the proposal after it was presented to them.
                Is it too cynical to say the Lakers want to make sure they win the next game?

Comment

yes.

I really think the lakers would have won that won. you'd have one team that wants to win more than anything and other that would feel a bit icky about winning. I think that would shift things enough

Comment

Definitely. From all reports, Lebron and a few others around the building are an absolute mess. Around LA, people are still just hanging out around Staples, around the clock, mourning.

The circumstances and details, shock, etc, around this death are absolutely adding to the grief and the magnitude. It's different for them, they live in the house that Kobe built. This has rocked their foundation to the core.

Comment

I'm looking more forward to Inside the NBA than I am to the Raptor game tonight. I wanna hear Chuck and Shaq and Ernie at a time like this.

Comment

Some of the organic things that come out of this are amazing. Courtesy of A Wong

Comment

I'm looking more forward to Inside the NBA than I am to the Raptor game tonight. I wanna hear Chuck and Shaq and Ernie at a time like this.
                          Ya it's going to be hard for Shaq. He will always be linked to Kobe. Theres been all these tributes and people talking about Kobe but i don't think anyone will compare to what Shaq has to say. His kids were close with Kobe and Gianna. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the night off.

Comment

Ya it's going to be hard for Shaq. He will always be linked to Kobe. Theres been all these tributes and people talking about Kobe but i don't think anyone will compare to what Shaq has to say. His kids were close with Kobe and Gianna. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the night off.
                            Why would he take the night off? Shaq is a great man, he isn't a 10-year old boy. He'll pull himself together and offer very public condolences and respect to his friend and peer as one should.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Why would he take the night off? Shaq is a great man, he isn't a 10-year old boy. He'll pull himself together and offer very public condolences and respect to his friend and peer as one should.
                              Well he missed time earlier this season when his sister died suddenly. I know the bond is closer with her, but kobe was more then a friend and peer to him. He was a brother, there family's are very close. He has a daughter the exact same age as Gianna and they were most likely friends. i think he will be there but it wouldn't shock me if he took the day off and wouldn't blame him either.
                              I mean the lakers organization is still too shocked to put on a game, Shaq was just as close if not closer to Kobe and now he has to go be on screen for a couple hours 2 days after his friend died.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X