No announcement yet.

Everything James Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green is an average 3pt shooter at best. Our starting 4 doesn't have to be a three point sniper. Having Carroll and JJ defending the two front player will be very beneficial to this team.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Green is an average 3pt shooter at best. Our starting 4 doesn't have to be a three point sniper. Having Carroll and JJ defending the two front player will be very beneficial to this team.
      If Carroll and JJ are both on the court, I really hope DeRozan is on the bench and a real PF is playing alongside them.

Playing them with DeRozan might work for short stretches of small-ball, but that's about it. If we're putting our faith in a regular DeRozan/Carroll/JJ lineup, we better pray that Lowry and Valanciunas both take significant steps forward and that DeRozan miraculously improves his efficiency.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        If Carroll and JJ are both on the court, I really hope DeRozan is on the bench and a real PF is playing alongside them.

Playing them with DeRozan might work for short stretches of small-ball, but that's about it. If we're putting our faith in a regular DeRozan/Carroll/JJ lineup, we better pray that Lowry and Valanciunas both take significant steps forward and that DeRozan miraculously improves his efficiency.
        You do know JJ is the same size as 2Pat right?
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• We need a big that can be a defensive anchor with Carroll. JV is obviously not the answer. James Johnson could be the Amir of old. Who would cover up everybody's mistakes on that end.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think he was speaking more about PP 37% shot from deep. Need floor spacers around JJ the same way you need them around DD.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

We need a big that can be a defensive anchor with Carroll. JV is obviously not the answer. James Johnson could be the Amir of old. Who would cover up everybody's mistakes on that end.
              Isn't the reason JJ got benched last year was that he was trying to cover up other people's mistakes too much and it was throwing off the rotations?

Edit - Casey's opinion, not mine. Best defender finds minutes no matter what for me.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'm not as concerned about size when it's a stretch-4, as Patterson is. I don't think either of them are starting PF material, but Patterson is preferable to Scola due to his floor stretching.

Carroll is a good secondary 3pt scorer, but shouldn't be the featured perimeter scorer on the starting unit (ie: Korver in Atlanta). With JJ and DD, there would be no outside scoring threat other than Carroll - Lowry should not be used as a spot-up 3pt shooter, though he can obviously shoot from range.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                We need a big that can be a defensive anchor with Carroll. JV is obviously not the answer. James Johnson could be the Amir of old. Who would cover up everybody's mistakes on that end.
                I've been arguing for several years that the team was is drastic need of an upgrade at the starting PF spot. Even Amir was better suited as a backup PF / 3rd big, which matched his role and minutes played.

I disagree with you about JV though. If the system were designed to utilize a stay-at-home defensive anchor, I think JV could thrive (obviously still having ample room to improve). The biggest defensive issues that plagued him last year were the constant scrambling (deliberate part of DC's defensive scheme) and regular penetration (Lowry/DeRozan/Vasquez/Williams are all average at best man defenders).

Having said that, even if a new system is adopted to play to JV's strengths, they still need an upgrade at the PF spot who could help with the help-D and rim protection, no doubt.
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Sep 16, 2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  I think he was speaking more about PP 37% shot from deep. Need floor spacers around JJ the same way you need them around DD.
                  Our spacing was just find with Amir at the 4
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Isn't the reason JJ got benched last year was that he was trying to cover up other people's mistakes too much and it was throwing off the rotations?

Edit - Casey's opinion, not mine. Best defender finds minutes no matter what for me.
                    JJ played 20 mins a game last year.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

JJ played 20 mins a game last year.
                      He also was given DNP-CD for no reason on several occasions including sitting more games than playing in the month of January. His minutes and role were not consistent last year.

Comment

He also was given DNP-CD for no reason on several occasions including sitting more games than playing in the month of January. His minutes and role were not consistent last year.
                        I think calling fan "Fuck Boys" on IG had something to do with that. Which perfectly fine with me.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Our spacing was just find with Amir at the 4
                          How much spacing would you get with a lineup of Lowry-DD-DC-JJ-JV?

Not as much as you'd get with Lowry-DC-JJ-PP-JV

Comment

I think calling fan "Fuck Boys" on IG had something to do with that. Which perfectly fine with me.
                            So are you disagreeing that Casey actually said that JJ overhelps and hence sits? Cause it did happen.

Comment

How much spacing would you get with a lineup of Lowry-DD-DC-JJ-JV?

Not as much as you'd get with Lowry-DC-JJ-PP-JV
                              If you think that second lineup is better than the first than we have nothing more to discuss.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

So are you disagreeing that Casey actually said that JJ overhelps and hence sits? Cause it did happen.
                                Its different when you helping from the 4 spot than a perimeter position. Help responsibility are totally different.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X