Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Last Years Championship Roster Beat this years Lakers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Last Years Championship Roster Beat this years Lakers ?

Would the players who played Golden State beat Lebron and AD's Lakers

I typed something in the wrong thread, and forgot to copy/paste it before I deleted it

Anyway, I think the Raps win. The key is you have to slow AD down, and the Raptors have the pieces to do that. Lebron is Lebron, but they win because of AD. If AD has a miserable game they are going to lose.

But playing in an arena vs the bubble also matters. If we played in a bubble I'd favour the Lakers slightly, but still think we could take them. LA has a lot of role players that I think would have bad games in Toronto, and we'd have home court advantage.

Comment

Yes.

My opinion about Kawhi has not changed, he is the best player in the world - so we'd have the best player in that series. The key is slowing AD down, the Raps have a lot of bigs that they can match him up with. And then there's the Lowry/FVV backcourt vs KCP/Rondo backcourt. That's a huge mismatch.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Watching the last 3-4 games of the Clips/Nuggets series was like watching Raps/Sixers series. Kawhi didn't get any help so it's hard to put the blame on him. He was able to bail the Raptors out against Philly, but he couldn't do it against Denver.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yes. And it would have been even sweeter.

Comment

I believe Gasol has been good at defending AD in the times they have played against each other. You'll have one of the few players capable of defending Lebron 1 on 1 in Kawhi.

Kawhi this year didn't live up to expectations, but last Playoffs was one that will go down in history. He carried the Raptors through the Sixers averaging almost 35 a game, he made big shots and timely buckets against the Warriors and Bucks and even that 10 straight points that almost put away the Warriors in 5. The guy was no joke.

So yes, I believe Raptors would have won.

Comment

Heck I think this year's Raps have a real shot at beating the Lakers if they made it there.

Kawhi's Raps walk all over them.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_odCxKLEWZI&t=108s

Bill Simmons and Lowe talk about a similar subject .. He has this years Lakers in a bracket .

Comment

You want my answer..Lakers are trash, Raps would of destroy them easily, they would of won another championship if Kawli have just stayed and not kiss Uncle Dennis Ass..u were God in Toronto..now your Lebron b@@ch..hope you enjoy la la land, bc u just became another guy in LA.
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                    You want my answer..Lakers are trash, Raps would of destroy them easily, they would of won another championship if Kawli have just stayed and not kiss Uncle Dennis Ass..u were God in Toronto..now your Lebron b@@ch..hope you enjoy la la land, bc u just became another guy in LA.
                    Worst possible outcome for the Clippers was the Lakers winning the championship in the first year of Kawhi, without even a Battle of LA.

Ballmer must be popping a blood vessel in his head right now.

Comment

Lakers got taken to 6 by this heat team. I think everyone can agree that the warriors team even without KD was a much stronger team then this years heat and we got em in 6
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Worst possible outcome for the Clippers was the Lakers winning the championship in the first year of Kawhi, without even a Battle of LA.

Ballmer must be popping a blood vessel in his head right now.
                        Good he's a tampering jack-azz

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          Heck I think this year's Raps have a real shot at beating the Lakers if they made it there.

Kawhi's Raps walk all over them.
                          This year's Raptors playing at their peak could probably beat them and would probably have been in the Finals anyway. This year's Raptors with 2 of their top 3 scorers shooting like shit would not beat the Lakers and would probably lose in the second round. Oh wait. Dammit.

The bubble started out great but kind of sucked in the end. Raptors fan take maybe. The Finals without fans was a bit of a drag. Role players going off was kind of cute at first but got old quick.

The Jimmy Butler hype train needs to slow down. The guy is good but he's no superstar. The ability to have his game 5 type performances every night instead of once or twice a series is exactly what separates the top 10-ish guys from the next tier. Butler's firmly in the next tier. So is Lowry. These guys are very good all the time and great sometimes. They can't drag your team to W's night in and night out.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                          X