Everything Aron Baynes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Aron Baynes

Big body, hard screens, can shoot the three a little. It will be interesting to see how Nurse uses him. I know a number of posters have been suggesting him as an option. Certainly the price is right.

Good pickup has bee part of mostly winning programs. Celtics, spurs, helped suns have a good start last year after losing ayton early.
    expect 10, 8 and 2 asts with 25ish mins a game next year
    Last edited by bertarapsfan; Sun Nov 22, 2020, 09:23 PM.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Love this signing. I think he's going to be great. Just hope he stays healthy though.

Comment

Feels like a good place to put this. Also, that account is one of the funniest things on Twitter. Glad he's on our side now
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Well, he's a center. Rock solid
          OG is our king

Comment

Big welcome to our new starting center -- LET'S GO RAPS

Comment

Not a bad pickup at all. Does a pretty good job of being a middle man between what we had from Gasol and what we had from Serge. Middling offence, decent defence, can stretch the floor a bit, as a bonus is a decent rebounder though nothing spectacular. Very definition of a stop gap.

Nice job on the second year team option too. Wonder if when we get further details it will be a 2nd unguaranteed year (often referred to erringly as a team option) as that could increase some flexibility with how we approach 2021.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I don't know if it's worth mentioning or if it has already been, but when I saw Baynes was born in 1986, I thought: he's barely younger than Gasol.

But he's from december 86, while Gasol is from january 85. That makes him nearly 2 years younger. Just a thought!

Comment

TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                  I don't know if it's worth mentioning or if it has already been, but when I saw Baynes was born in 1986, I thought: he's barely younger than Gasol.

But he's from december 86, while Gasol is from january 85. That makes him nearly 2 years younger. Just a thought!
                  Two years younger and 15 mil cheaper than Ibaka last year. Saving 35 mil on centre’s compared to last year.

Comment

Last edited by Puffer; Mon Nov 23, 2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Comment

Just the kind of guy they needed at that spot, really happy with this pick up.

Also, I expect a lot more mad scientist lineups from Nick this year. They had to keep Gasol and Ibaka fed the last two seasons, in terms of minutes and offensive role. Now they don't have that and there'll be a lot more fiddling around with lineup looks. I mean there was a lot of that already, but they virtually always had 1 of Gasol or Ibaka on the floor. Think we'll see more OG at the 5, some Siakam at the 5, a lot of different looks. Honestly they won't even be small lineups against most teams.

Two main concerns from losing Gasol/Ibaka are Gasol's positive impact on team defence - hope that doesn't fall off, and Ibaka's fairly reliable bench scoring. Other guys will have a chance to pick up the slack. Thing is, when you're developing young players there are guys who should get a crack at an increased role. Matt Thomas, for example, hopefully gets more minutes and more shots and we'll see what he can do with more consistent opportunities.

Baynes just needs to be healthy. Missed some games the last 2 years but had been pretty dependable before that.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I wonder if they will pick up another big before the season. There isn't much depth there should Banes. Boucher or Hernandez get injured. OG is going to get a bunch of minutes at PF I guess, but there needs to be a bit more balance in the rotation to account for the bigs.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            I wonder if they will pick up another big before the season. There isn't much depth there should Banes. Boucher or Hernandez get injured. OG is going to get a bunch of minutes at PF I guess, but there needs to be a bit more balance in the rotation to account for the bigs.
                            If we get another big, I think it comes through trades now. As Dan put it earlier.. we have enough for basically Harris (the second rounder we drafted). Or if he comes in as a 2-way to give that last spot to Watson.

I think Nurse will play a lot of small ball this season. It worked for Boston and Houston in the regular season. Theis for example is only like 6'8. Pascal is 6'9.

Comment

So is Baynes the starting C? he has to be right? Boucher is a 3rd big at best and Len is really more of a backup.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X