Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/783/7...o-raptor-logo/

Not the best-written petition, but it's definitely getting traction.
    not really. its been a few days now and its only garnered and extra few hundred signings. peoples internet outrage only lasts a couple of hours until they move on to the next thing.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Interesting.....

Point taken, but still - Raps logo is most similar to Brooklyn's (and the San Diego Rockets), and Brooklyn is not only a contemporary team in the same sport (unlike some of these logos), they're also in the same division and their logo is the product of a pretty well publicized and well received rebranding that only happened a couple years ago. I hope the Raps drop the circle and use some red (not just as a pin stripe) - not only does it differentiate them from the Nets, it looks a lot better imho.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Point taken, but still - Raps logo is most similar to Brooklyn's (and the San Diego Rockets), and Brooklyn is not only a contemporary team in the same sport (unlike some of these logos), they're also in the same division and their logo is the product of a pretty well publicized and well received rebranding that only happened a couple years ago. I hope the Raps drop the circle and use some red (not just as a pin stripe) - not only does it differentiate them from the Nets, it looks a lot better imho.
        Agree.

But if we assume the goal of any franchise is to have a lasting logo, the design team should be taking a long term view. That means things like recently playing Brooklyn, and Brooklyn's recent release shouldn't me MAJOR factors.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Keep in kind that the Brroklyn logo we keep comparing to is their secondary and is practically never used. Their primary is the B in the shield. And the only reason people really brought up the comparison is because the Raps stupidly released a black and white version first. With colour in there the comparison might never have been drawn.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Keep in kind that the Brroklyn logo we keep comparing to is their secondary and is practically never used. Their primary is the B in the shield. And the only reason people really brought up the comparison is because the Raps stupidly released a black and white version first. With colour in there the comparison might never have been drawn.

that's true. Shield one is primary and others are alternatives. Keeping track of all these alts is impossible
            Last edited by MixxAOR; Tue Dec 23, 2014, 11:52 PM.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• some guy from Reddit posted this. Have you guys seen this jersey?
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I miss Barney

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

some guy from Reddit posted this. Have you guys seen this jersey?
                  Is this real?
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

There's something to be said for black and gold. Maybe I've gotten Drake-washed but it looks good

Comment

• I'm not sure if this has been pointed out already but is it possible that Masai has seen the future. Does he envision future uniforms that will be dominated by advertisers' logos leaving just a small spot for the team logo? If that's the case, a logo that fits nicely into a circle will work well rather than some random shape.

Comment

That looks amazing!
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Not sure if I like this, looks like something they'd wear in Drew League.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            overall now that i see it without the outer circle, i don't mind it at all. its something adults can actually wear without looking like they're in kindergarden.

and people need to get over this whole OMG IT LOOKS LIKE THE NETS, OUR RIVALS!!!! they're not our fucking rivals. we had a single playoff round against them in which we lost and now they're just a leftover broken team.
                            Well we had more than one playoff series against them, lost em both when we were the higher seed, on top of that, we took their hot garbage for the best player our franchise ever had...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• I want to see pinstripes on the new Raps jersey.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• holy crap those are awesome

and they brought back the original neckline!
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X