Maccabi Haifa @ Toronto Raptors 7:30PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    We literally played a T that was full of D2 talent and no real big. You really want to put Bebe against the Dwight Howards and Roy Hibberts of the league? Dude will get destroyed.

The 15th player will see close to no playing time, but I'd rather give it to someone in a spot we could use (C) as compared to a spot that we have 4-5 capable players for (SG/SF). Remember Casey isn't going to be going 11 men deep. He will probably keep his rotation at 8-9 guys, pushing guys like Hansbro and Johnson to end of that rotation.
    exactly, so it doesn't matter if stiemsma makes it or hamilton because, odds are, niether plays. why not reward the one who has played better in pre-season?

no way steismsa plays against the howards, that is already going to be hayes anyway. unless they need to get hacked and hansbrough has 6 fouls to dish anyway.

Comment

• The security at this game was ridiculous. At one point we counted 32 security guards on the court, as well as some in the tunnels with security dogs as well. There were police in almost every section, I haven't seen a raptors game ever be locked down like that. Scary times with all these terrorist threats.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        exactly, so it doesn't matter if stiemsma makes it or hamilton because, odds are, niether plays. why not reward the one who has played better in pre-season?

no way steismsa plays against the howards, that is already going to be hayes anyway. unless they need to get hacked and hansbrough has 6 fouls to dish anyway.
        There is literally no use for Hamilton, like 0. Stiesma at least can be used if JV (knocks on wood) goes down or something. This roster has no C available other than JV.

Comment

• I like having Bebe being our future backup.

Or of course trade bait.

But it is great that we have two young centres with a lot of upside.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
            There is literally no use for Hamilton, like 0. Stiesma at least can be used if JV (knocks on wood) goes down or something. This roster has no C available other than JV.
            Amir, Hansbrough, Hayes and Bebe can all play backup C for short stints
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• If MU/DC think they need a backup C to play against bigger/taller matchups, then it's Stiemsma for sure.

If MU/DC think they need a 3pt shooter, then it's Hamilton for sure (I don't think the Raptors need overall scoring or wing depth, but they may see need for a Novak-esque sniper).

If they don't think they need either of them, they could choose to keep the player with the most perceived trade value, which I think would be Hamilton (age, upside, 3pt shooting). MU is all about asset accumulation.

Comment

• Wasn't able to watch the full game. From the looks at if Bebe proved why he was the defensive player of the year in Spanish ACB league(second best league in world) last year.
                Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Oct 23, 2014, 01:25 PM.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Really liked what i saw from Bebe tonight. I don't think he's physically ready though to play significant mins in the NBA.

Chuck Hayes is my backup C if i'm Casey. MUCH BETTER rebounder and defender than Stiemsma even though he's undersizd.

As for Stiemsma, Cherry, and Hamilton. I don' really care who makes the team because i doubt twhoever makes it get any meaningful mins.
                  Hayes is 6'7", has a very poor vertical, can only hit on put backs, is a poor FT shooter and not fleet o' foot. That being said I like the ChuckWagon & vote for Greg Steimsma

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                    The security at this game was ridiculous. At one point we counted 32 security guards on the court, as well as some in the tunnels with security dogs as well. There were police in almost every section, I haven't seen a raptors game ever be locked down like that. Scary times with all these terrorist threats.
                    Raptors said that security will be increased because of what happened in Ottawa.

Better be safe than sorry.

Comment

• Did we play down to the opposition or did the other team upgrade there play to avoid being winless on there Nba tour.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                        Did we play down to the opposition or did the other team upgrade there play to avoid being winless on there Nba tour.
                        Both. Casey played a lineup of mostly Bench guys.

Comment

• godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                          Hayes is 6'7", has a very poor vertical, can only hit on put backs, is a poor FT shooter and not fleet o' foot. That being said I like the ChuckWagon & vote for Greg Steimsma
                          Hayes averaged more rebounds per 36 minutes last season compared to Stiemsma and Hayes is actually a good FT shooter considering he hit 20-25 last season (small sample obviously but hey he hit them) while Stiemsma went 19-32.

Out of Stiemsma and Hayes I way prefer Hayes, he rebounds better and is tougher. Plus he doesn't foul every second possession like Stiemsma does. The big problem with Stiemsma is so far is that he's only recorded 2 blocks in the last 5 games and that's not great considering that's supposed to be his specialty and one of the big things he offers over Hayes.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                            Hayes averaged more rebounds per 36 minutes last season compared to Stiemsma and Hayes is actually a good FT shooter considering he hit 20-25 last season (small sample obviously but hey he hit them) while Stiemsma went 19-32.

Out of Stiemsma and Hayes I way prefer Hayes, he rebounds better and is tougher. Plus he doesn't foul every second possession like Stiemsma does. The big problem with Stiemsma is so far is that he's only recorded 2 blocks in the last 5 games and that's not great considering that's supposed to be his specialty and one of the big things he offers over Hayes.
                            Basically none of this was really all that helpful. Neither FT stats matter. Who gives a shit when both players only have a single free throw attempt per game. And Hayes only played 12 min a game on average while stiemsa played 18. Per 36 stats are naturally gonna skew wildly for players with less minutes.

I could claim Quincy acy as a rookie was one of the best 3 point shooters in the league since per 36 he shot .500 from downtown.

Comment

• We have a lot of guys that can play center if need be but they're either not true centers or they can't block or at least alter shots at the rim aka Hayes. I just think it never hurts to have an extra big body. And Stiemsma has the opportunity to be the backup center while Jordan Hamilton won't get any minutes on our team with DD, Ross, Lou, JJ and ever Greivis being ahead of him. I don't think we will need Hamilton's offense as much as ppl seem to think we will. Where as yes Steamer fouls a lot but we might have situations where we need his fouls. Also Amir and even Patterson are a little injury prone so we need insurance. DD never gets injured, Ross barely gets injured, Lou's ACL injury was the first injury he's ever had in his life supposedly and I don't know of JJ ever really being injured to any significant extent. I think we can take a chance with the wing position. Jordan is the better player don't get me wrong, but he just doesn't fit with our team at this current moment. And to me fit is sometimes more important than talent. Unless you're talking like all star level talent or something.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• But in all honesty if they picked Hamilton over Stiemsma I wouldn't be mad because he is the better player. But if they pick Stiemsma I would understand why. I just really don't want Amir having to log big minutes at center and if Jonas were to get injured he would have to. Cause you can't play Hayes anymore than 10 mins if that.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X