Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    I'd give Utah a pass right now. Conley is out and he really is the fulcrum for that offence, and Mitchell's their most (only?) dynamic scorer and finisher and he's playing on one good ankle now. That starting back court is too important for them to not take a pretty big step back. Now they're left with guys who are very much role players trying to run the team.
    Last year they were up 3-1 to Nuggets and lost the series. Now they are losing the series after being 2-0.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Last year they were up 3-1 to Nuggets and lost the series. Now they are losing the series after being 2-0.
      Okay but that Nuggets series was awesome. Everyone won, Mitchell vs Murray was great.

But I guess, yes. Utah hasn't come through in the clutch yet. And maybe they won't. But overall they're moving in the right direction I think and a team takes some lumps on its way forward. Not unusual at all to have 2-3 years of flameouts with a core before getting over the hump. I just wouldn't right them off mid-journey. I do think they're fucked with no Conley and a one legged Mitchell though. You can't make a deep run like that.

Utah's main gamble right now is trying to do this without a top 5 or top 10 guy (or 2 or 3 of them). That's just hard to do, it's the NBA.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Okay but that Nuggets series was awesome. Everyone won, Mitchell vs Murray was great.

But I guess, yes. Utah hasn't come through in the clutch yet. And maybe they won't. But overall they're moving in the right direction I think and a team takes some lumps on its way forward. Not unusual at all to have 2-3 years of flameouts with a core before getting over the hump. I just wouldn't right them off mid-journey. I do think they're fucked with no Conley and a one legged Mitchell though. You can't make a deep run like that.

Utah's main gamble right now is trying to do this without a top 5 or top 10 guy (or 2 or 3 of them). That's just hard to do, it's the NBA.
        yeah its too early and this year's playoffs are wonky with all the injuries that have occurred. I still believe that Utah can come out of the west. Also if they do they will present the biggest challenge to teams like Brooklyn or even ATL.

Comment

Regular season juggernauts without a top 10 superstar are known as fool’s gold contenders. Not that we know anything about that around here....

Comment

• Buck are mercilessly exploiting Blake Griffin in the first run of the game.
            They might as well tag Blake with one of those “slow moving wide load” stickers.
            The Alphabet is going around him like a turnstile and Lopez is posting him up low and taking 6 foot jimmies over him.
            Nash calls timeout.
            Lets see what they do to counter.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Buck are mercilessly exploiting Blake Griffin in the first run of the game.
              They might as well tag Blake with one of those “slow moving wide load” stickers.
              The Alphabet is going around him like a turnstile and Lopez is posting him up low and taking 6 foot jimmies over him.
              Nash calls timeout.
              Lets see what they do to counter.
              Bud gives the Nets the counter .. switching Middleton onto guarding Durant

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Bud gives the Nets the counter .. switching Middleton onto guarding Durant
                Bud sure makes the moves no one sees coming eh?
                Bucks are doubling Durant and really are making him work..He is going to get worn down.
                Harden with a couple of area code 3s to help but no-one else is coming in on horseback to help.....so far.
                - TGO

Comment

• It’s like the 4x 100 relay....Durant looks gassed and the baton is passed to Harden who is lighting it up tonight for the Nets.
                  KD gets a blow to save his legs.
                  The Bucks seemingly can pound it down low for 2s all day and all night...
                  BUT
                  Bud is back to taking 3s as the primary focus of the offense.
                  The double digit lead is now between 6 and 8 points as the half starts to end.
                  As Jack says...someone is going to close the quarter strong..
                  Bucks up by 7 with 3 to go.
                  Lets see who wants it more.
                  - TGO

Comment

It’s like the 4x 100 relay....Durant looks gassed and the baton is passed to Harden who is lighting it up tonight for the Nets.
                    KD gets a blow to save his legs.
                    The Bucks seemingly can pound it down low for 2s all day and all night...
                    BUT
                    Bud is back to taking 3s as the primary focus of the offense.
                    The double digit lead is now between 6 and 8 points as the half starts to end.
                    As Jack says...someone is going to close the quarter strong..
                    Bucks up by 7 with 3 to go.
                    Lets see who wants it more.
                    All o know is if I was a bucks fans I'd be nervous as fuck if your 10 points going into the 4th facing KD
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Kris Middleton removes his cloak of invisibility when it’s time to get points when you need them and nails two 3balls to stretch the lead back up to double digits as the half ends.
                      Durant is leaving balls short..the legs are tired but the guy is dialed in.

We have seen seen this show before...
                      Can the Bucks hold on to or build on their lead,
                      or,
                      do Durant and Harden reel them in and the Bucks cough one up at the end.

Lets see see who comes out of the gate in the 2nd half.

In other news the Blue Jays unwilling to stop the arterial hemorrhage that is their bullpen pitching cough up 4 more runs with a another forgettable nondescript reliever getting dummied.
                      Atkins should be sued for non support.
                      I know it’s June..but for all intents and purposes Vladdys MVP season and a couple of career years from guys like Hernandez and Simien are being wasted with an A ball level bullpen.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jun 17, 2021, 10:02 PM.
                      - TGO

Comment

• I just don't understand the Nets offense. Zero movement, zero spacing. It's ugly to watch.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Kris Middleton removes his cloak of invisibility when it’s time to get points when you need them and nails two 3balls to stretch the lead back up to double digits as the half ends.
                          Durant is leaving balls short..the legs are tired but the guy is dialed in.

We have seen seen this show before...
                          Can the Bucks hold on to or build on their lead,
                          or,
                          do Durant and Harden reel them in and the Bucks cough one up at the end.

Lets see see who comes out of the gate in the 2nd half.

In other news the Blue Jays unwilling to stop the arterial hemorrhage that is their bullpen pitching cough up 4 more runs with a another forgettable nondescript reliever getting dummied.
                          Atkins should be sued for non support.
                          I know it’s June..but for all intents and purposes Vladdys MVP season and a couple of career years from guys like Hernandez and Simien are being wasted with an A ball level bullpen.
                          I have been loosely following but too busy to get into the jays.. what is going on with them? because I keep hearing vladdy is good yet they haven't been able to rise in their division.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I have been loosely following but too busy to get into the jays.. what is going on with them? because I keep hearing vladdy is good yet they haven't been able to rise in their division.
                            They're 1 game under .500 lol.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Bullpens in baseball are maddening. Journeymen come out of nowhere to be effective relievers for a year or two, get a big payday, then collapse into mediocrity

Comment

• butt holes should offically be clenched in Wisconsin. You do not want a tight game in a paint threat vs pull up jump shooter threat.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X