Everything Goran Dragic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Bobby also said that the Raps wanted to move on from Lowry because he's older and we're moving in a new direction. We don't need a 35 year old vet on this team.

We gave Svi a guaranteed contract. And with all the partial guarantee deals, we're right at that tax line. Maybe the Svi signing was the precursor to the Dragic buyou? Save some money, and fill out the roster with a few of the guys fighting it out at camp without having to worry about the tax at all.

And furthermore if we get 2-3 contracts back in a Dragic trade, we're out of roster spots really quickly.

Either way, I won't be shocked if a buyout happens. Will be funny watching some fans reactions though if it does go down. I think a lot of people will flip their stance just like they did when we drafted Barnes over Suggs.
    I doubt a buyout happens before the deadline. It will probably be a last resort. Raptors look for trades through out the season up until the trade deadline, if nothing works out, then Dragic could get bought out.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I doubt a buyout happens before the deadline. It will probably be a last resort. Raptors look for trades through out the season up until the trade deadline, if nothing works out, then Dragic could get bought out.
      We'll see. I'm choosing to believe Jake Fischer, and he thinks it will happen in 2 weeks.

Comment

• I don't want a buyout. We gotta stop bleeding out assets for nothing. Dragic has value. If Dallas wants him, give us something in return. They've got tons of tradable assets. Terry, Brown, Burke, Finney-Smith, Brunson, Kleiber etc. Pony up. If they don't feel Dragic is worth any of these guys, then take a hike and stop lurking around. We'll play Dragic here, which on our first year without Lowry, would be very helpful in transitioning the playmaking on our half-court offence to the younger guys.

Demar, Lonzo, Markkanen (all good but limited players) have harnessed good returns, even though they weren't exactly part of their former teams future plans. When was the last time time we got a pick on a trade? I don't want us to be the league farm team. We're not a free agent destination, so we simply can't afford to keep pissing away our assets. Team should retain Dragic if there are no reasonable offers for him.

Comment

• Nah it's going to be a buyout. Hold up is not because of that. Raptors are telling Dragic you want buyout it'll come out of your pocket.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
            I don't want a buyout. We gotta stop bleeding out assets for nothing. Dragic has value. If Dallas wants him, give us something in return. They've got tons of tradable assets. Terry, Brown, Burke, Finney-Smith, Brunson, Kleiber etc. Pony up. If they don't feel Dragic is worth any of these guys, then take a hike and stop lurking around. We'll play Dragic here, which on our first year without Lowry, would be very helpful in transitioning the playmaking on our half-court offence to the younger guys.

Demar, Lonzo, Markkanen (all good but limited players) have harnessed good returns, even though they weren't exactly part of their former teams future plans. When was the last time time we got a pick on a trade? I don't want us to be the league farm team. We're not a free agent destination, so we simply can't afford to keep pissing away our assets. Team should retain Dragic if there are no reasonable offers for him.
            It might depend on who Dragic' agent is. If he's an influential agent with a lot of NBA clients, then the Raptors will probably bend over and do Dragic a favor.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

It might depend on who Dragic' agent is. If he's an influential agent with a lot of NBA clients, then the Raptors will probably bend over and do Dragic a favor.
              Same agent as Scottie Barnes

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Nah it's going to be a buyout. Hold up is not because of that. Raptors are telling Dragic you want buyout it'll come out of your pocket.
                Apparently Cuban doesn't want to pay a cent for Dragic, so who eats the money (Raps, Mavs, Dragic) is probably the hold-up. That said, Mavs have a solid backup plan in case they don't get Dragic. lol.

Comment

• Raptors have little leverage to be honest. They could throw a hissy fit but it won't do them any good.

Comment

Same agent as Scottie Barnes
                    Billy Duffy. Yeah, he's a power player.

Comment

Raptors have little leverage to be honest. They could throw a hissy fit but it won't do them any good.
                      On paper, Raptors have all the leverage. In practice, however, in the player empowerment era, they don't.... thanks, Lebron. Last team to do push back on the buyout was Memphis, where they mutually agreed with Iguodala that he would stay away from the team until a reasonable deal could be worked out.

Grizzlies ended up with a poopoo buffet of: Dion Waiters, JJ and Justin Winslow for their troubles.

Comment

• I wonder if bringing in Ellis, IT and Lance was a JKidd play. That's a weird collection of vets to give a second chance to.

Comment

Raptors have little leverage to be honest. They could throw a hissy fit but it won't do them any good.
                          Why little leverage? if he doesn't want to play on his contract contract year and be a professional like he said he was, fine, sit him out. We're not talking disgruntled James Harden, Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard or even Ben Simmons here. This is 35-year-old Goran Dragic. Players league, sure, but not everyone can pout and get millions to play exactly where they want when they want it. Mavs have no pressure to acquire him and neither do we to deal him, this is a 35 year old role player. I'd give him 3 options here:

(a) fuss and not play on his contract year ,and see what kind of deal that can get him at age 36 when he's an actual free agent
                          (b) Buy yourself out for the full 19M
                          (c) Be a pro, do what your contract says you should, and show the league you're still a good player (which you are), raising your value as a free agent so you can a good deal with term at the tail end of your career. If Kawhi freakin Leonard on his prime did it, you can do it too.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Why little leverage? if he doesn't want to play on his contract contract year and be a professional like he said he was, fine, sit him out. We're not talking disgruntled James Harden, Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard or even Ben Simmons here. This is 35-year-old Goran Dragic. Players league, sure, but not everyone can pout and get millions to play exactly where they want when they want it. Mavs have no pressure to acquire him and neither do we to deal him, this is a 35 year old role player. I'd give him 3 options here:

(a) fuss and not play on his contract year ,and see what kind of deal that can get him at age 36 when he's an actual free agent
                            (b) Buy yourself out for the full 19M
                            (c) Be a pro, do what your contract says you should, and show the league you're still a good player (which you are), raising your value as a free agent so you can a good deal with term at the tail end of your career. If Kawhi freakin Leonard on his prime did it, you can do it too.
                            a) So Raptors will pay him 19 mil to sit out because Raptors are butthurt. And that'll show them?
                            b) it'll be close but that's what they are negotiating probably. how much money is he willing to leave on a table.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think a lot of people will flip their stance just like they did when we drafted Barnes over Suggs.
                              I think most fans have embraced Scottie because he's on our team, there's no point in going on about a player that's been drafted to another team.

I doubt a buy out happens... I'm sure that Dragic coming to Toronto was discussed before Miami picked up the team option. There's no way the sign and trade was hashed out at 6:01pm on Aug. 2nd. Unless MIami is footing the bill, there's no way the Raptors would agree to take on Dragic for a buy out. I wasn't a fan of the trade as it is, let alone having to being bought out.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Grizzlies ended up with a poopoo buffet of: Dion Waiters, JJ and Justin Winslow for their troubles.
                                They were taking a chance on Justice Winslow who had a good 2018-2019 but had issues with injuries. It's just the type of player you take a swing on for an old vet that doesn't fit your timeline. It didn't work out... but no one thought it was a bad trade at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X