Question & Answer - 2021 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'd say it will only take a few technical fouls for Scottie to learn when to get his licks in and when reign it in...could have a very KG type of character to him which would be hella fun to cheer for as a fan, instead of against. Hmmm...wonder if KG is a good comparison for Barnes or not...

Which one Raptor stands to benefit the most playing next to Scottie?

Giving this one a double anwser... To me Scottie seems like the type of guy who will be enthusastic, jump around getting hyped. But if someone trys the whole hold me back tough guy rountine on him. He will just smile or laugh in there face. He is just a young guy who looks like he is genuinely having fun out there
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Giving this one a double anwser... To me Scottie seems like the type of guy who will be enthusastic, jump around getting hyped. But if someone trys the whole hold me back tough guy rountine on him. He will just smile or laugh in there face. He is just a young guy who looks like he is genuinely having fun out there
      That's fact

https://streamable.com/xxfciu
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Over 5 as in 6+ I say no, especially if Dragic is here longer than expected and if Scottie gets steady play time.

Do any Raps players have a shot at the MIP award this season?

I think we have a few candidates. FVV would most likely fit the mold although his "improvment" would only seem huge to outside/ U.S media who don't watch this team. He has a chance to step right into Lowrys role potentially be an allstar and maybe even get a few votes for 3rd team all-nba or even make 1st team all defense.

O.G has a chance if he as well make the 1st team Defense, Scores 15 a game and raps surprise and are a top 5 seed.

How long into the season does it take scottie to get a huge poster on someone?

To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          haha that's awesome! That might get him a shot to the face though.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think we have a few candidates. FVV would most likely fit the mold although his "improvment" would only seem huge to outside/ U.S media who don't watch this team. He has a chance to step right into Lowrys role potentially be an allstar and maybe even get a few votes for 3rd team all-nba or even make 1st team all defense.

O.G has a chance if he as well make the 1st team Defense, Scores 15 a game and raps surprise and are a top 5 seed.

How long into the season does it take scottie to get a huge poster on someone?
            Hmmm I'm going to go within 10 games. Most like a two handed put back over some guy.

What will be our points against average? Will it be under 105?

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post

Hmmm I'm going to go within 10 games. Most like a two handed put back over some guy.

What will be our points against average? Will it be under 105?
              Over 105, hoping the bench unit for the Raptors won't be complete garbage this year. You'd have to think a combination of Flynn, Khem/Precious, Barnes and one of the shooters we picked up will make for a potent scoring bench. Siakam, OG, FVV, Trent Jr., and Birch combined for over 80 pts per game in a down year.

Will OG eventually be traded to make room for Barnes in the starting line up?

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post

Yes

we drafted Scottie Barnes 4th overall shouldn’t he start day one?
                He could if we asked OG to play at the 5 and start small with Banes at SF and Pascal at PF.
                Big toll on OG who is going to give up anywhere between 25 and 40 lbs a night and we have Birch.
                Khem is going to play 25 mins a night
                Scottie ....I think they bring him in off the bench and go small in the first rotation in off the bench. .

Unless.. .he just flat out plays his way into the starting lineup at camp giving Nurse a great problem to figure out .

Only a couple of weeks left to kill before the season starts at camp.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

He could if we asked OG to play at the 5 and start small with Banes at SF and Pascal at PF.
                  Big toll on OG who is going to give up anywhere between 25 and 40 lbs a night and we have Birch.
                  Khem is going to play 25 mins a night
                  Scottie ....I think they bring him in off the bench and go small in the first rotation in off the bench. .

Unless.. .he just flat out plays his way into the starting lineup at camp.

Only a couple of weeks left to kill before the season starts at camp.
                  OG could play the 4 as well thats another option.

One other crazy crazy option IF OG shoots well enough along with Siakam when he returns. You have Barnes run the point and Fred at the 2, and then you have OG at the 3, Siakam at the 4... etc.

By the end of the year and going into the playoffs our 4th quarter line up should be Barnes, OG, Siakam.

Comment

Over 105, hoping the bench unit for the Raptors won't be complete garbage this year. You'd have to think a combination of Flynn, Khem/Precious, Barnes and one of the shooters we picked up will make for a potent scoring bench. Siakam, OG, FVV, Trent Jr., and Birch combined for over 80 pts per game in a down year.

Neither OG or Siakam will be or need to be traded to make room for Barnes. Positionless basketball.

Do we see any shift in our defensive scheme for this year?

Comment

Highly doubt it. If anything, our future lineup will be OG at SG, Barnes at SF and Pascal at PF.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Neither OG or Siakam will be or need to be traded to make room for Barnes. Positionless basketball.

Do we see any shift in our defensive scheme for this year?
                        No, but this is one of the challenges - Siakam, OG, and Fred are three of the highest (highest?) defensive output guys in a scheme that asks for a lot of effort on that end, and they're going to be carrying more scoring load this year. Kawhi and Lowry both took secondary roles at their positions on defence unless needed for specific assignments or at specific times. Raptors need to have some of the new and young guys take on some of the toughest assignments if they also want 20-ish ppg out of Siakam, Fred, and OG.

Who's MVP of the 905 team this year?
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

Who's MVP of the 905 team this year?
                          Have to pick our 47th pick Johnson. Two way player who will spend lots of time at 905. Turning him into a micro scorer should be the goal.
                          Will the 905 or players win any hardware this year?

Comment

Gonzz wrote: View Post

Have to pick our 47th pick Johnson. Two way player who will spend lots of time at 905. Turning him into a micro scorer should be the goal.
                            Will the 905 or players win any hardware this year?
                            I think Delano Banton will be featured at the show case and I can see us getting into the mix to win the chip this year. I personally think we have a solid and deep team especially having two second round picks which is rare. Johnson was originally mocked in the lottery. So he will be good too. I will be watching them this year more than usual.

Does Freddy make the main roster? If he doesn't does he get retained for 905 some how?

Comment

Based on his cap hit and our proximity to the tax I think he gets waived. The summer league appearance didn’t help him, plus we have more talent at the 5 now. I would like to see him develop on the 905 but I’m not sure that will happen.

Will we see Nate back on the bench this season?

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

Highly doubt it. If anything, our future lineup will be OG at SG, Barnes at SF and Pascal at PF.
                                That's what I'm hoping for, but I think our offense would be better with Trent at SG because he has shown he can be an explosive scorer. On the other end of the floor Trent obviously is no where the defender that OG is, but we sort of have that same type of defender in Barnes. Hoping OG has added to his scoring arsenal over the summer, but I feel like there is more balance between offense/defense with Trent/Barnes than with OG/Barnes, to go with F/VV/Siakam/Precious in the starting line up.

I'd be really interested to see what our defense look like with OG and Barnes there though. Raps are gonna make it so difficult for teams to score against them this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X