Raptors 2021-2022 Preseason + Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I don't think they have "too many weapons" at all. I think they're roster is pretty fugly. 34 year old Danny Green? Seth Curry?

Looking at rosters league wide the other day I thought they easily had one of the worst outside of their big guys. It's really Joel and Tobias and drops off mightily from there. They sorely lack something if they don't get some value from Ben.

I hope they crash and burn.
    The salary cap is tight. To think that they are not playing with 30mil of said cap, it would take a very savvy FO to put a competitive team on the floor.

Not saying Philly is not competitive, but they would be more competitive if they were able to use the 30mil tied up currently on more useful players.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

My take is that he's a really good defensive player and can quarter back a team on offense. We are lacking playmakers (well we have Scottie, but he needs time), and we could use more defense. The price tag is the important part of course.

If the pieces would be some combination of Dragic/Boucher/Trent with zero to only heavily protected picks going back, then I'd make the deal. And try to raise his trade value.

I do not trade Pascal, Scottie, Fred, Achiuawa or OG for him. And would not include a non-protected FRP. Everything left is just some poop really, and I doubt Philly would take it anyway. A team like Minny, Sacramento or San Antonio could offer a lot more.
      Could use more defence? If there is anything this team has an abundance of, I would say its defence. And are we really lacking playmakers? I mean, no one jumps off the page in that regard, but between fred, barnes, dragic and pascal there is enough to work with, especially considering barnes is a rookie and we still have others like flynn and banton, young and eager to learn. Plus I think OG will prove to be adequate given his role, as will precious. And both of them will likely get better. We may lack a true floor general like lowry is and was for this team, but we have no black holes and it seems like, regardless of who's on the floor, everyone is willing and able to move the ball.

Ultimately, i don't think simmons solves any of our problems, only exacerbates them. And he also seems very immature, egotistical, and acts like a diva with a poor work ethic. No way I would trade boucher and trent + picks for him. I'm not sure I'd make that trade even if we were the ones receiving the picks. Simmons is a bum as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Could use more defence? If there is anything this team has an abundance of, I would say its defence. And are we really lacking playmakers? I mean, no one jumps off the page in that regard, but between fred, barnes, dragic and pascal there is enough to work with, especially considering barnes is a rookie and we still have others like flynn and banton, young and eager to learn. Plus I think OG will prove to be adequate given his role, as will precious. And both of them will likely get better. We may lack a true floor general like lowry is and was for this team, but we have no black holes and it seems like, regardless of who's on the floor, everyone is willing and able to move the ball.

Ultimately, i don't think simmons solves any of our problems, only exacerbates them. And he also seems very immature, egotistical, and acts like a diva with a poor work ethic. No way I would trade boucher and trent + picks for him. I'm not sure I'd make that trade even if we were the ones receiving the picks. Simmons is a bum as far as I'm concerned.
        Simmons does not have the maturity to help us with our problems and offensively doesn't have enough without the shooting to truly help us.

Comment

• We have banton we don’t need Simmons in my opinion

Comment

Working...
          X