Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    Tobias Harris is really dreamy but I don't think Magic will trade him
    I don't think so either, however I would unload TRoss in a package for THarris.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I think Ross is really over-rated.. or at least he definitely doesn't fit SF that well
      Yeah I definitely see that Ross has good potential due to his athleticism, but it seems he lacks confidence
      I personally just can't imagine Ross playing SF anywhere else, other than here in Toronto
      I'm not in love with Ross but we can definitely get someone better than Mike Scott for him.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
        I'm not in love with Ross but we can definitely get someone better than Mike Scott for him.
        who do you think Toronto can get for Ross?
        Who would you personally like to trade Ross for?

Comment

This team is dope as it is. Stop trying to trade. Let's roll with what we got right now. Patience is the key. Raptors NBA champions 2017.

Comment

We're not trading Ross stop with these Knee jerk reactions. Masai is a smart man he's not gonna trade a player who's still in his rookie contract and has room to get better for player like Mike Scott.

Barnes is an intriguing player but he's been relatively unproductive in GSW and now they made him the starter and things haven't clicked for Harrison yet.
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I think the only trade target at this point would be an upgrade at the 4 to protect against a long injury to Amir.

I am thinking Ed Davis or John Henson.

Hansbrough and 2nd for either one (would prefer Henson).

Comment

who do you think Toronto can get for Ross?
                Who would you personally like to trade Ross for?
                I don't wanna trade Ross, he's a good player and still has a lot of potential.

Comment

The team's not dope at all, glaringly weak on the boards. Lowry is one of the best rebounders on the team. That says it all. I suggest waiving someone on the bench and bringing Blatche back from China.

Comment

Oran wrote: View Post
                    I think the only trade target at this point would be an upgrade at the 4 to protect against a long injury to Amir.

I am thinking Ed Davis or John Henson.

Hansbrough and 2nd for either one (would prefer Henson).
                    I would LOVE John henson
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                      The team's not dope at all, glaringly weak on the boards. Lowry is one of the best rebounders on the team. That says it all. I suggest waiving someone on the bench and bringing Blatche back from China.
                      I think JV has to get at least 9 rpg. He also needs to play more. 23mpg right now. need to get near 30 IMO. We don't need another guy inside if everyone stays healthy.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        We're not trading Ross stop with these Knee jerk reactions. Masai is a smart man he's not gonna trade a player who's still in his rookie contract and has room to get better for player like Mike Scott.

Barnes is an intriguing player but he's been relatively unproductive in GSW and now they made him the starter and things haven't clicked for Harrison yet.
                        Well, here is the thing. Mike scott is paid 3.3M year and for next 2 years
                        Mike Scott can offer consistency now (unless he struggles to fit with raptors), whereas it is absolute certainty that Ross will struggle hard to play SF for next 2 years.
                        Furthermore, by the time Mike Scott's contract is done, Bruno should be able to step in and cover SF spot.
                        If we are stressing potential to such extent, shouldn't Bruno start now?
                        We need Consistency now and mike scott's FG% suggests that he is capable of doing so. And don't even get me started on Ross' s failure to gaurd SFs

Comment

Scott's a stretch 4. He's no more capable of defending SF's than Ross is.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            Scott's a stretch 4. He's no more capable of defending SF's than Ross is.
                            Exactly, if you think Ross can't play SF then Scott definitely can't. I think it's also very wrong to say it's an "absolute certainty" Ross will struggle at SF the next 2 years, I mean come on. Scott's in his third year, has started 6 games and averaged 19 minutes last year so it's a huge, huge assumption that he'll able to step in as a starter, become a SF and maintain what he's doing. If you wanna go with contracts then they're virtually identical as well.

Granted if Triplethreat is basing their argument off Scott's game against us then I don't blame them, he torched us haha.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                              Exactly, if you think Ross can't play SF then Scott definitely can't. I think it's also very wrong to say it's an "absolute certainty" Ross will struggle at SF the next 2 years, I mean come on. Scott's in his third year, has started 6 games and averaged 19 minutes last year so it's a huge, huge assumption that he'll able to step in as a starter, become a SF and maintain what he's doing. If you wanna go with contracts then they're virtually identical as well.

Granted if Triplethreat is basing their argument off Scott's game against us then I don't blame them, he torched us haha.
                              I agree that I have exaggerated it a little by saying 'absolute certainty'
                              But, Ross is too skinny and I don't think he can gain much weight in 2 years. Despite his athleticism, I believe he will get pushed around by SFs. Also I've seen him get lost in the defense pretty often. And so far, he's shooting isn't consistent either. This is just my opinion so please don't be offended, but it appears to me that Raptors fans have very high expectations for Ross, perhaps more than he is actually capable of providing (My assumption is that his dunking abilities serves as a factor here)

On the other hand, Mike Scott has been very consistent, not just against raptors but in general. Although, I can't say much about other factors including winshare and so on, but his FG% and per 36 minutes are fantastic. Not just this year but his 3 years.
                              -> 1st year per 36 minutes: 17.5 ppg & FG%.476
                              -> 2nd year per 36 minutes: 18.6 ppg & FG%.479
                              -> Current year per 36 minutes 24.3 ppg & FG%.559 (Current year is too early to tell but..)
                              -> Career per 36 minutes: 18.6 ppg & FG% 482
                              Given that most of his points come from shooting, one can argue that Scott is better shooter than Ross is for now.
                              Furthermore, Mike Scott have played and continues to play significant minutes at the SF... (and due to recent addition of Adrien Payne at the PF spot, it is assumed that he will play more minutes at SF)

Either way gentlemen, I sincerely believe Ross will prove me wrong and I hope to hear you guys telling me... I told you so
                              Last edited by Triplethreat89; Sun Nov 9, 2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I would agree that Ross is going to have trouble guarding the bigger small forwards, but that's why we have James Johnson. I think Ross's skill set fits very nicely with the starting unit, especially if he continues to flash an ability to drive (and finish?).
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X