Game #9: Chicago Bulls 100 - Toronto Raptors 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    He had a horrendous game and has been sub-par for the last week or so. He'll make adjustments. He has no choice, because teams have started to figure him again. DeMar will be fine.

The bigger concern for this team is the front court. It's going to be this team's Achilles heel. Masai needs to address this issue sooner rather then later if he expects the team to go deeper into the playoffs next spring. JMO
    Amir needs to come off the bench. And as much as I've tried to defend Casey when it comes to JV I can't on this one.

DeMar is who he is, seems like he only passes when he's making shots. When he's missing he keeps shooting. Kind of illogical because if he started passing out of double teams eventually it'd open up some driving lanes for him.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• Don't like Casey's thoughts on DD shot selection. He absolutely did not take what the defence gave him. Unless we're saying the defense gave him nothing but he took 17 shots anyway.

Just take shots in the context of the offence. Move the ball. Drive or shoot when d is rotating. Hopefully DD will learn from this, but right now the Allstar thing is in his head, he seems to feel like he has to get his points no matter what.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
        As nice as this sounds, when have you ever seen JV pass out of the post and find the open shooter?

You guys really, really over hype what JV is capable of offensively.
        Can't recall the game, but there was one game earlier in the season where it seemed like the Raps made a point of feeding JV for several possessions, and he found GV for an open three and later found DD open at the top of the arc (He drove it and got fouled). He's shown the ability and I would argue hasn't been given the chance to show whether he has the tendency.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Also, can we stop praising Rose as some superstar point guard? 4assists and 5 turnovers. Not that impressive
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
            He had a horrendous game and has been sub-par for the last week or so. He'll make adjustments. He has no choice, because teams have started to figure him again. DeMar will be fine.

The bigger concern for this team is the front court. It's going to be this team's Achilles heel. Masai needs to address this issue sooner rather then later if he expects the team to go deeper into the playoffs next spring. JMO
            For us it isn't Achilles heel, but Amirs ankle.

When he's at full health, the front court is fine IMO.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Butler is closest thing to Lebron stopper. Demar didn't stand a chance. That's just reality.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                Don't like Casey's thoughts on DD shot selection. He absolutely did not take what the defence gave him. Unless we're saying the defense gave him nothing but he took 17 shots anyway.

Just take shots in the context of the offence. Move the ball. Drive or shoot when d is rotating. Hopefully DD will learn from this, but right now the Allstar thing is in his head, he seems to feel like he has to get his points no matter what.
                Casey has done this with Bargs and Rudy and Now demar, no matter how terrible they play. He likes what there doing fucking bullshit
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Can't recall the game, but there was one game earlier in the season where it seemed like the Raps made a point of feeding JV for several possessions, and he found GV for an open three and later found DD open at the top of the arc (He drove it and got fouled). He's shown the ability and I would argue hasn't been given the chance to show whether he has the tendency.
                  That feels like an eternity ago.

I wonder if his ego and confidence originates in his hand?

Comment

• in 6 years DeMAR has never had a coach that has stopped his bad habits.

Instead they have all encouraged them

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      You know what's terrifying about that? In the playoffs, that's all you will see. The foul calls go away, the defense tightens up, and you've got guys like Jimmy Butler draped on you with a full scouting report for 7 straight games. And DD typically defaults to this sort of game in that situation.
                      That's the weakness of this Raptors team right now, it's their over reliance on fouls. The refs are not going to be bailing out this team in the playoffs if they don't play aggressively from the opening tip, for the entire season.

Comment

• Fuck we have Grizzlies up next. I guess my 6-6 prediction was right
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I want to focus in on where I think the game was lost.

At 7:18 of the third quarter, after the Bulls open up with a 13-4 run, Coach Casey decides that Val is the reason that happened, and subs him out for Patrick Patterson.

During that 13-4 run, DRose drew two shooting fouls off of DeRozan and Ross for four points. Dunleavy hit a 3. And Pau had six points, a 19 foot jumper, a 4 foot jumper, and an 8 foot jumper.

On our end, DeMar missed FOUR field goals. Val made one and had a turnover, and Tross made a 20-foot jumper. Lowry missed a three and Amir missed a couple close ones.

But Casey blames Val, and out he comes for Patrick Patterson. At this point, the game is 58-56 for the Bulls.

So now we've got Pat and Amir against Noah and Gasol. 6-9 and 6-9 power forwards, one of whom is pretty soft, against 6-11 and 7-0.

The Bulls proceed to go on a 22-10 run, with 12 points in the paint + 4 points on FTs, and two threes. They now lead 80-66.

During this time, Greivis comes in with 2 minutes left for Amir. So our two bigs are Patman and Hansbrough. 8-0 run to end the quarter.

When Hansbrough gets hurt, Ross comes in for him, leaving Patterson to play centre against Noah.

The lead gets pushed to 92-74 as the Bulls eat us up inside.

Then, mercifully, Casey brings back Amir with 6 minutes left in the game. We didn't have a rim protector on the court for eight minutes, and were totally undersized for about a full quarter, during which time Chicago scored about 32 points (22+10, from 58 points to 90).

Coaching doesn't make itself apparent when playing bad teams or bad coaches. It's made apparent during real tests, against good teams and good coaches.

We could win 50 or 55 games this season, but what will it matter if we can't effectively use the talent at our disposal? Chicago is NOT a great offensive team--their ORating only looks solid because they've had the easiest schedule in the league to date--but we opened the door for them and let them walk right in.

And on offense, when we get into trouble, things fall apart horribly. DeMar is not a number one guy. We refuse to groom our low post option. Kyle can't do everything himself.

Casey coached a decent first half. But it's the adjustments that make a coach, and his were a major reason we lost the game.
                          Last edited by Scraptor; Fri Nov 14, 2014, 12:23 AM. Reason: for accuracy

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Fuck we have Grizzlies up next. I guess my 6-6 prediction was right
                            Nope we got UTAH on saturday then Memphis

Comment

• theyll bounce back.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................................

Comment

• Anyone eerily reminded of Game 1 against Brooklyn in the playoffs? First game on national tv in a while. Real litmus test of a team with a high seed thought of as lucky rather than good by many. DeMar goes blind in the spotlight and shoots 3 of .... . The team even lost by 7 points both times. I imagine the two game threads look pretty similar (minus the JJ love). So, on the bright side, remember Game 2. Not Game 7...Game 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X