Faried Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I just came up with a trade that worked, I wasn't necessarily pushing for it.

I'm not sure that simply waiting for free agency two years from now, especially focusing on pie-in-the-sky type targets, is any better a strategy. It's all about improving, both on the court and in terms of asset accumulation.
    I get what ur saying, its a good strategy, but that strategy of collecting assets and selling high really only works well when you have small players, like vasquez, lou williams, hansbrough because their small contracts make it easy to move

when you have a lot of guaranteed money, teams are reluctant to want that player, so its hard to flip max players unless its a game changer type of guy

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
      I get what ur saying, its a good strategy, but that strategy of collecting assets and selling high really only works well when you have small players, like vasquez, lou williams, hansbrough because their small contracts make it easy to move

when you have a lot of guaranteed money, teams are reluctant to want that player, so its hard to flip max players unless its a game changer type of guy
      I think Faried at $10-12M would be a pretty easy player to dump, if you just wanted the cap space. He's far from being max player or an albatross type contract. He'd be way easier to trade than Fields at $6.25M and probably even easier than Novak at $3M+ last year.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I think Faried at $10-12M would be a pretty easy player to dump, if you just wanted the cap space. He's far from being max player or an albatross type contract. He'd be way easier to trade than Fields at $6.25M and probably even easier than Novak at $3M+ last year.
        I personally don't think Faried is a good fit, but that's besides the point, as you've said. What I don't get is you began this proposal with (paraphrasing) "if we could get him with a good value trade", which I assume means not giving up key assets. But if we could easily move him for better assets, why wouldn't Denver do so now? If he would be attractive to numerous teams if we had him, he'd attract a lot of attention now. Certainly more teams than just the Raps offering "good value" for our sake. Maybe I'm missing some aspect of your thoughts?

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
          would you rather be cap-strapped for a couple of years by trading for a guy that isnt a game changer?
          or would you keep the cap space and sign a game changer outright?
          We have space to target Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Lamarcus Aldrdige, Marc Gasol

and if we cant get those guys, then at least we can get the 2nd tier free agents that are still better than Faried, like Greg Monroe, Millsap, etc.
          Monroe better than Faried? Disagree.

But that aside, unless you want to lose a lot of the current core, no we do not have the cap room to go after a max player in 2016, and we certainly don't have the cap room to go after Gasol, Aldridge, or Love.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

chico wrote: View Post
            I personally don't think Faried is a good fit, but that's besides the point, as you've said. What I don't get is you began this proposal with (paraphrasing) "if we could get him with a good value trade", which I assume means not giving up key assets. But if we could easily move him for better assets, why wouldn't Denver do so now? If he would be attractive to numerous teams if we had him, he'd attract a lot of attention now. Certainly more teams than just the Raps offering "good value" for our sake. Maybe I'm missing some aspect of your thoughts?
            You're bang on.

It comes down to each team having a different desired return, so that 'better' becomes relative. I had initially started out by saying that I could only see a trade working if Denver wanted straight salary dump (ie: big Faried & McGee contracts for expiring contracts) and draft picks. For Toronto, the idea would be flipping Faried (possibly in a larger package) for a stud player (ie: Horford as an example). It all comes down to motivation/strategy behind each trade and what the desired return is for each team.

Again, I really don't really give much credence to this rumor and I'm not sure Faried is much of an upgrade over Amir. However, if the team could dump expiring contracts - Hayes, Fields and Amir (will be looking for a big payday with wonky ankles and all, which scares me big time) - and a 1st round pick or two (would be mid-late 1st round picks) for Faried and some depth, it would be worth at least exploring.

Comment

Seriously, let's trade them their pick back for Faried.

Comment

is there not a rule given his extension for what we can trade for him. He jumps from 2 - 10ish million next season are we trading assets based on the 2 or the 10?

also Manimal vs Monroe is an apples and oranges argument. Monroe is a low post slow 4, Manimal is the second coming of Gerald Wallace.
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  is there not a rule given his extension for what we can trade for him. He jumps from 2 - 10ish million next season are we trading assets based on the 2 or the 10?

also Manimal vs Monroe is an apples and oranges argument. Monroe is a low post slow 4, Manimal is the second coming of Gerald Wallace.
                  We have to absorb the 10, but they can only take back based on the 2. Very difficult to get it to balance for both sides, so usually it means either a multiple player deal both ways, or a third team has to be involved.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    We have to absorb the 10, but they can only take back based on the 2. Very difficult to get it to balance for both sides, so usually it means either a multiple player deal both ways, or a third team has to be involved.
                    Get Philly on the phone

Comment

Am I reading this shit right? Do we have three first rounders in 2016?

http://www.prosportstransactions.com...re/Raptors.htm

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                        Am I reading this shit right? Do we have three first rounders in 2016?

http://www.prosportstransactions.com...re/Raptors.htm
                        The Raptors have 2 1st round picks in 2016.

1. their own

2. the lower of Denver's & New York's

Comment

Could he be that missing piece?

Comment

Raptorsfan361 wrote: View Post
                            Could he be that missing piece?
                            He's wasting away right now in Denver. His stock can't be too high at the moment. Might be a good time for Masai to pounce.

Comment

Is Faried really an upgrade on Amir though?

I'm sure he's a little better offensively, but how is his defense?

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                                Is Faried really an upgrade on Amir though?

I'm sure he's a little better offensively, but how is his defense?
                                Maybe not an 'upgrade' per se. But could be a worthy replacement should we lose Amir to free agency.

Comment

Working...
                                X