No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porzingis is apparently 7'1.25" without shoes with a 7'6" wingspan according to chad ford who states according to impactbasketball

Longest wingspan in draft!

Axel....he just missed being your guy!

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Porzingis is apparently 7'1.25" without shoes with a 7'6" wingspan according to chad ford who states according to impactbasketball

Porzingus is the Eastern European Bruno

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        Chad Ford and Jay Bilas are doing a live mock draft right now ... Ford has us taking Looney btw
        That would be pretty good according to this draft model, which has Looney as the 5th most likely to become a 'quality NBA player'.

Note that Delon Wright is ranked 7th most likely to succeed, at 72% odds ... and Porzingis risks being a bust at 26% odds.

Comment

• http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...draft-targets/

Basically every player we are already discussing

Comment

Porzingis is apparently 7'1.25" without shoes with a 7'6" wingspan according to chad ford who states according to impactbasketball

So like 7.3 with shoes then? Damn. Lets draft him.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              So like 7.3 with shoes then? Damn. Lets draft him.
              lol. i don't remember you ever being so sarcastic as recently bob. seems your patience is wearing thin. so far "anything less than max is an insult" for davis is my favorite one.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                lol. i don't remember you ever being so sarcastic as recently bob. seems your patience is wearing thin. so far "anything less than max is an insult" for davis is my favorite one.
                I wasn't really sarcastic in this one, although I wasn't serious about drafting him of course. But those measurements are impressive. A stretch 4 who's 7.3 tall with 7.6 wingspan, and who can run around with quickness. What a freak. I can see why he's moving up in the draft.

Comment

• Tough to hit where the Raptors are in the draft when historically looking at all the picks that miss. I'm not placing much hope into this pick, however, I think I'd rather them take someone who is more "NBA ready" than a project. Reason being is that the project will be far more likely to amount to nothing and the Raptors need assets now. Another idea would be to package the pick with a player and upgrade a team need.

Comment

• Names still haven't been put out for who's coming in today? Just checked the Raptors Twitter feed.

Comment

• Scratch that. Richaun Holmes, Dakari Johnson, and Stefan Nastic are in today. All C's. Looks like MU might be looking to grab a second rounder taking into consideration who's been in for this workout and the last.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Tough to hit where the Raptors are in the draft when historically looking at all the picks that miss. I'm not placing much hope into this pick, however, I think I'd rather them take someone who is more "NBA ready" than a project. Reason being is that the project will be far more likely to amount to nothing and the Raptors need assets now. Another idea would be to package the pick with a player and upgrade a team need.
                        You have to take the player you think is going to have the best career.

Taking a guy because he might contribute more in the next season or two is a great way to limit long term prospects.

Jimmy Butler is a great example of a guy who didn't breakout until the last month and playoffs of his second NBA season. His first year was downright dreadful.

If the plan is to keep going with this core and add to it, they really need to get lucky in the draft and get their Butler or Gobert later in the first round.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                          Scratch that. Richaun Holmes, Dakari Johnson, and Stefan Nastic are in today. All C's. Looks like MU might be looking to grab a second rounder taking into consideration who's been in for this workout and the last.
                          I like Holmes!

Mentioned him a couple of times recently.

Dakari Johnson has become a porker and lost all athletic ability in the last year it seems.

Nastic? Practice body.

My total speculation is it seems like they want to see how Holmes does against bigger bodies.

Comment

My total speculation is it seems like they want to see how Holmes does against bigger bodies.
                            this makes good sense

Comment

You have to take the player you think is going to have the best career.

Taking a guy because he might contribute more in the next season or two is a great way to limit long term prospects.

Jimmy Butler is a great example of a guy who didn't breakout until the last month and playoffs of his second NBA season. His first year was downright dreadful.

If the plan is to keep going with this core and add to it, they really need to get lucky in the draft and get their Butler or Gobert later in the first round.
                              There are too many failure examples of drafting upside in the back end of the draft. Most of those guys end up being throw away picks. I'd rather them go after a Mo Pete type of player, as in, someone who's game is ready to contribute something now or some point in the near future; aka. 'the best player available'.

I don't believe this core is a winner and I don't believe MU truly sees it as a winner. There will be changes. Right now should be about collecting assets, as it's been since he got here, and so again, draft a guy who's going to be marketable this season or the next instead of the guy who maybe is possibly ready to do something in three, four or five seasons time... Most of those guys are called throw away picks (eventually).

These GM's can't see the future and what is typically deemed as 'upside' is really wishful thinking of a scout or GM who sees some interesting trait(s) in the player. Just because the guy can jump doesn't mean he's ever going to have a head for the game. Just because the guy can run really fast doesn't mean he's ever going to have a head for the game. Just because the guy is really big doesn't mean he's ever going to have a head for the game. I could go on but you get it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                There are too many too falure examples of drafting upside in the back end of the draft. Most of those guys end up being throw away picks. I'd rather them go after a Mo Pete type of player, as in, someone who's game is ready to contribute something now or some point in the near future; aka. the best player available.

I don't believe this core is a winner and I don't believe MU truly sees it as a winner. There will be changes. Right now should be about collecting assets, as it's been since he got here, and so again, draft a guy who's going to be marketable this season or the next instead of the guy who maybe, possibly ready to do something in three, four or five seasons time... Most of those guys are called throw away picks (eventually).
                                I didn't say pick the guy with the most upside. Upside is more to do with potential which is often never reached.

I said pick the guy who you think is going to have the best career.

Maybe semantics but there is a difference in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X